Alien vs Predator PS3 16.99 shipped newegg.com

I know the game doesn't look good from reviews, but it finally dropped to my "try it even though i might regret it" price. Thanks OP.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>should change the site to brokeassgamer, spending my $$$ here all the time. $50 from go hastings today (4 games) and $17 here now.

I think it's worth it at this price if you're a fan of Aliens and/or Predator. The campaigns are short but still pretty fun.

So very tempted by this...Must resist.....If amazon matches this price I'm in. I have like $60 in promo credit sitting in my account.

Thanks OP! I just put in an order. For $17, I figure why not, even though I heard that Sega is no longer supporting the game with patches.

For that price, it's a pretty decent purchase. I bought it for a little more than that a month ago and I thought it was a good playthrough. I probably would have been a little upset had I paid the full price for the game, I don't think it's worth quite that much.
It's also not as broken as some may have put it, yes, the developers could have put a little bit more work on the Alien campaign but it's still playable.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Rebellion. I'm going to take a note on that developer.
At least their game is bad that it's so much better just to pass.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it looks like Rebellion are the ones that are actually supporting the game. If you read that post, it states that Rebellion went on their own, using their own money, to patch the game on the PC. That means Sega are the ones that aren't supporting any further development of the game, in fact they say flat out "We had no plans to work on another console patch". Of course, Rebellion didn't publish the game, so they wouldn't actually have any control over releasing patches on consoles (especially since the publisher isn't paying for the development of these patches, see the STALKER 1.006 or Vampire Bloodlines fiascos).

It's unfortunate that patching and support is always seen as the responsibility of the developer, when really it's the publisher which is largely in charge of hose aspects.

Yeah, I'm torn about this. On one hand, I'm a huge AvP fan and I've held off this long for a price drop...and this is a great one. On the other hand, the console version have lost all support, but I don't see myself playing this game on PC either...to me, it fits consoles more due to lack of features like no crouching, leaning, etc.

For $17, can you really go wrong? I really don't see this game selling for cheaper brand new.

Damnit...hopefully I come to a decision before they sell out...

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Yeah, I'm torn about this. On one hand, I'm a huge AvP fan and I've held off this long for a price drop...and this is a great one. On the other hand, the console version have lost all support, but I don't see myself playing this game on PC either...to me, it fits consoles more due to lack of features like no crouching, leaning, etc.

For $17, can you really go wrong? I really don't see this game selling for cheaper brand new.

Damnit...hopefully I come to a decision before they sell out...[/QUOTE]

I hope you made a decision, looks like they are out of stock.

I was a huge fan of the previous Aliens vs. Predator games by Monolith. I feel they are some of the best first-person shooters ever. The initial reviews of the newest version made me delay a possible purchase. But, I'm weary of reviews especially those of SEGA published games. For whatever reason there seems to be a huge media bias against SEGA.

To those who have played the game. Is it really that bad? I find it hard to believe Monolith would develop a game as bad as these reviews proclaim. So, is it worth buying? Opinions on the console version is fine, though I would rather PC opinions. Thank you.

[quote name='DealHunter']I was a huge fan of the previous Aliens vs. Predator games by Monolith. I feel they are some of the best first-person shooters ever. The initial reviews of the newest version made me delay a possible purchase. But, I'm weary of reviews especially those of SEGA published games. For whatever reason there seems to be a huge media bias against SEGA.

To those who have played the game. Is it really that bad? I find it hard to believe Monolith would develop a game as bad as these reviews proclaim. So, is it worth buying? Opinions on the console version is fine, though I would rather PC opinions. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

The newest AvP was not developed by Monolith, but by Rebellion (who made the very first AvP 1999). While I have only played the multiplayer demo of the 2010 version, Rebellion's first AvP was a decent adaptation of the license for its time. Monolith's sequel was even better. Reviews for Rebellion's latest effort seem to indicate that its pretty standard FPS and average at best. Based on pure gameplay of the multiplayer demo, I agree with those reviews.. I'm waiting for the PC version to hit rock bottom prices before I pick it up.

[quote name='arrtee121']The newest AvP was not developed by Monolith, but by Rebellion (who made the very first AvP 1999). While I have only played the multiplayer demo of the 2010 version, Rebellion's first AvP was a decent adaptation of the license for its time. Monolith's sequel was even better. Reviews for Rebellion's latest effort seem to indicate that its pretty standard FPS and average at best. Based on pure gameplay of the multiplayer demo, I agree with those reviews.. I'm waiting for the PC version to hit rock bottom prices before I pick it up.[/QUOTE]

Thank your for the correction. Hopefully the newest Aliens versus Predator sold well enough that they will consider a sequel. Then maybe they will let Monolith produce the next game.

bread's done
Back