Aliens: Colonial Marine Collector Edition 86.77 Walmart.com

[quote name='themidnighter23']what reviews? links please[/QUOTE]

Oh not much on the software but more so on the ce contents being meh. Apparently was on display at some expo

I really really want this game to be good, but I don't have a good feeling when the set is discounted before release. It IS possible to make good licensed games. We are aware of this after playing games like Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, and Wolverine. As cheap ass gamers, I'd bet 98% of us will wait for a $14.99 or lower price if it's just a 2nd rate shooter.

There's no need to rush this game because there's no movie tie-in in theaters. I really hope the developers put the time and effort into this game to make it great. If so, they will get my $59.99 or my $86.77 if the CE is still this price after reviews come out.

[quote name='Madrocsz']Oh not much on the software but more so on the ce contents being meh. Apparently was on display at some expo[/QUOTE]

Oh, I thought you meant the game. I see nothing special about this CE.

Does anybody remember when this game was originally supposed to be released? It was delayed quite a few times and I thought it was going to be another Duke Nukem.

[quote name='Tarskidx']Does anybody remember when this game was originally supposed to be released? It was delayed quite a few times and I thought it was going to be another Duke Nukem.[/QUOTE]

No game is going to be like another Duke Nukem. Delayed 6 months or something is nothing like 15 years.

[quote name='themidnighter23']what reviews? links please[/QUOTE]

You'd think this game was one of the worst ever produced from reading this entire thread. Nobody's even played it here, I take it, yet...but judging from the consensus it's time to cancel preorders!

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']No game is going to be like another Duke Nukem. Delayed 6 months or something is nothing like 15 years.[/QUOTE]

Well to be fair Aliens Colonial Marines has actually been delayed since like... 2004.

(The entire project got scrapped at one point I think, but it was like in 08 or something that it was reannounced under Gearbox's wing. And then it got another delay when they tried to push that unfortunate AVP game)

I'm getting the game for PC, and I'm thinking about picking up the CE for ps3. I'll hang on to it. I'll consider returning it if money is tight or there's a cheaper CE or whatever.

I'm a huge fan of the Aliens franchise, but I'm still sketchy about this game. With so many BB reward zone coupons, I will roll the dice on a pre-order.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Was totally gonna order this, but apparently there isn't a PC Collector's Edition.

Oh well, good job getting me to wait for a Steam sale price.[/QUOTE]
A Jason Terminator would be the ultimate weapon against those xenomorphs.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']You'd think this game was one of the worst ever produced from reading this entire thread. Nobody's even played it here, I take it, yet...but judging from the consensus it's time to cancel preorders![/QUOTE]

I responded that it was nothing based on game reviews but solely that of collectors edition contents not being worth the extra money. No telling about the game itself

I canceled my ce after i seen this vid.. It looks like they went cod run and gun and has no alien feel to it like what they did to fear 3. I wanted to hold on to hope but ce will be 60 or less in no time... I really dislike gearfarts now. Run and Gun rambo style is the in thing... I think it reminds me of spec ops the line....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDs8yjLQ3iQ

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I canceled my ce after i seen this vid.. It looks like they went cod run and gun and has no alien feel to it like what they did to fear 3. I wanted to hold on to hope but ce will be 60 or less in no time... I really dislike gearfarts now. Run and Gun rambo style is the in thing... I think it reminds me of spec ops the line....
[/QUOTE]
Actually, that doesn't look too bad. It looks like we'll see facehugger/chestburster action. I'ma wait for the reviews.

[quote name='sadboy']Actually, that doesn't look too bad. It looks like we'll see facehugger/chestburster action. I'ma wait for the reviews.[/QUOTE]
If you like action it will be ok but for aliens fans that love tense stuff this fails on it. They made it more cod/spec ops and left out what old school fans loved from the older movies. The feel of alone and when one will pop out freaked you out. This might be a decent mindless run and gun shooter with aliens but they seemed clueless why the older movies rule. It saddens me how they turned aliens into a cod type shooter. Oh well bargain bin for me unless the resin statue rules.

My opinions from these ingame videos. I hope i am wrong but people love these cod style games on horror movies which is a dying breed in games. AVP on pc captured the feel way back which is now a lost art.. Well close enough i seen yet. But hey 87 is pocket change right in this economy. I tried finding these expo pics of statue no luck any links?

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']If you like action it will be ok but for aliens fans that love tense stuff this fails on it. They made it more cod/spec ops and left out what old school fans loved from the older movies. The feel of alone and when one will pop out freaked you out. This might be a decent mindless run and gun shooter with aliens but they seemed clueless why the older movies rule. It saddens me how they turned aliens into a cod type shooter. Oh well bargain bin for me unless the resin statue rules.

My opinions from these ingame videos. I hope i am wrong but people love these cod style games on horror movies which is a dying breed in games. AVP on pc captured the feel way back which is now a lost art.. Well close enough i seen yet. But hey 87 is pocket change right in this economy. I tried finding these expo pics of statue no luck any links?[/QUOTE]

This is based on Aliens though. People weren't alone in that movie, it was a squad of marines vs a shitton of xenomorphs.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']If you like action it will be ok but for aliens fans that love tense stuff this fails on it. They made it more cod/spec ops and left out what old school fans loved from the older movies. The feel of alone and when one will pop out freaked you out. This might be a decent mindless run and gun shooter with aliens but they seemed clueless why the older movies rule. It saddens me how they turned aliens into a cod type shooter. Oh well bargain bin for me unless the resin statue rules.

My opinions from these ingame videos. I hope i am wrong but people love these cod style games on horror movies which is a dying breed in games. AVP on pc captured the feel way back which is now a lost art.. Well close enough i seen yet. But hey 87 is pocket change right in this economy. I tried finding these expo pics of statue no luck any links?[/QUOTE]

If it was Alien: The Game then yes, but this is Aliens: The Game, which makes sense. It's a bunch of battle hardened soldiers going up against the xenomorphs. If it was Alien: The Game then you would be joe schmoe fighting for survival. The game would also be very short because you would die about 10 minutes in.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I canceled my ce after i seen this vid.. It looks like they went cod run and gun and has no alien feel to it like what they did to fear 3. I wanted to hold on to hope but ce will be 60 or less in no time... I really dislike gearfarts now. Run and Gun rambo style is the in thing... I think it reminds me of spec ops the line....
[/QUOTE]

What were you expecting? RPG? It's called Colonial Marines for a reason. I think it looks good. It's a first person POV game where you control a marine within a group of others fighting along your side.

[quote name='h4mx0r']If it was Alien: The Game then yes, but this is Aliens: The Game, which makes sense. It's a bunch of battle hardened soldiers going up against the xenomorphs. If it was Alien: The Game then you would be joe schmoe fighting for survival. The game would also be very short because you would die about 10 minutes in.[/QUOTE]
Not if you're Ripley. Just kidding.

I feel you. I'm not big on action for action's sake, and I genuinely want to feel like I have to fight for my life against the xenomorphs, Vasquez-style. Like, will there be scenes where the marines barricade themselves and will the power be cut in this game? (I'ma hoping, yes!)

[quote name='sadboy']Not if you're Ripley. Just kidding.

I feel you. I'm not big on action for action's sake, and I genuinely want to feel like I have to fight for my life against the xenomorphs, Vasquez-style. Like, will there be scenes where the marines barricade themselves and will the power be cut in this game? (I'ma hoping, yes!)[/QUOTE]

Should be some scenes like that. A few of the trailers show the player welding the doors shut fps style. Im thinking this game will be more or less true to the movies (at least the first 2). I just think the game play will be more cod-ish rather than suspense and terror which is unfortunate.

Did you play the more recent Aliens vs Predator? Or the older ones even? The games have never really been survival horror in nature, and almost all of them have focused on the Marines. Short of basically making a Dead Space clone only with Xenomorphs it'd be very hard and not much fun to play a game where you had almost no chance of surviving.

Also, it's always different to be walking down those corridors in the game knowing a Xeno could pop out any minute than it is to watch footage of the game.

I have really high hopes that this will be the Aliens game we've all deserved for some time and that the lofty goals of being the Aliens sequel we never got will be accomplished.

That said, I doubt I'll be getting the collectors edition. Not at this price.

I'm still looking forward to the game, and am not cancelling my CE preorder. To me, it looks a great deal than AvP already, and the extras are still worth getting the game at release.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']What were you expecting? RPG? It's called Colonial Marines for a reason. I think it looks good. It's a first person POV game where you control a marine within a group of others fighting along your side.[/QUOTE]
Wow people did not get what i mean by it at all... The tense horror feel is gone that was my point. It backs up another point i had about people love mindless run and gun and care less about other things. I guess i am to old school and miss the feeling of when am i going die. Even if with people it was just them alone and the odds are against them was huge this mindless killing hordes nonstop gets boring sooner or later.

This feels like i am on a government debate and i get smear ads. I will give my real opinion this game is for the average cod player and why i got all this hate. I see this day and age respect went out the door long ago. This game will drop fast cause gearbox is sloppy at code and will have to many bugs and its just mindless rambo i am god feel to it. Hell people these days hate hard games so maybe will sell good at launch then flop. My opinions deal with it.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Did you play the more recent Aliens vs Predator? Or the older ones even? The games have never really been survival horror in nature, and almost all of them have focused on the Marines. Short of basically making a Dead Space clone only with Xenomorphs it'd be very hard and not much fun to play a game where you had almost no chance of surviving.

Also, it's always different to be walking down those corridors in the game knowing a Xeno could pop out any minute than it is to watch footage of the game.

I have really high hopes that this will be the Aliens game we've all deserved for some time and that the lofty goals of being the Aliens sequel we never got will be accomplished.

That said, I doubt I'll be getting the collectors edition. Not at this price.[/QUOTE]
The older avp i said had some feel to it and best it got so far. MP was amazing and felt intense ahhhh feel like the movies. I have no clue if it still holds up now i played nonstop on pc when it was new. avp on console zzzz marines side i enjoyed a little.

Done posting will come back when launched. I do not need another souless shooter even if killing hordes like l4d2 zombies. Ce will be cheap soon enough. MP will be dead fast like most games except cod/halo. Farcry 3 had soul which is rare these days. ACM might be a great shooter with mad bugs but this will drop fast so why I am waiting.

DS3 demo was cool as hell but the soul was shattered to add coop but a new soul emerged but is not the same deep down. I will wait for cheap price for that to.

Done posting in here most people on here are bored and are looking to bully people to make them feel better. Virtual Keyboard with mouse sucks to.

/ME Grammie R.I.P.

Rainbow Six all the way!

[quote name='FNL 4EVA'] but they seemed clueless why the older movies rule.[/QUOTE]

Have you seen Aliens? That's not a very tense movie, but it sure is full of action, and it's fairly fast-paced.

[quote name='PetersHere']Have you seen Aliens? That's not a very tense movie, but it sure is full of action, and it's fairly fast-paced.[/QUOTE]
They were survival horror movies with action. The action looks there but survival horror does not. I love how people argue stuff that love to argue no matter what you say wrong or right they will argue. SD has more respectable people then here lately.

The cod trolls sure love me. Take a break from gaming and go outside to play. Tell the bullies picking on you i said hi.

have never used wal-mart to pre-order a game before usually do through amazon. I wanted to ask if they take payment upfront for the pre-order or place a hold for the amount or charge the final amount when the game is released?

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Wow people did not get what i mean by it at all... The tense horror feel is gone that was my point. It backs up another point i had about people love mindless run and gun and care less about other things. I guess i am to old school and miss the feeling of when am i going die. Even if with people it was just them alone and the odds are against them was huge this mindless killing hordes nonstop gets boring sooner or later.

This feels like i am on a government debate and i get smear ads. I will give my real opinion this game is for the average cod player and why i got all this hate. I see this day and age respect went out the door long ago. This game will drop fast cause gearbox is sloppy at code and will have to many bugs and its just mindless rambo i am god feel to it. Hell people these days hate hard games so maybe will sell good at launch then flop. My opinions deal with it.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't trying to give you any guff man, I was honestly asking what you expected? It's a group of marines going to secure a location with thousands of aliens running about. So I would expect the game to reflect that. Were you expecting something like resident evil? Puzzles and slow scares?

And how could you say the intense horror feel is gone by watching a 6 minute video? That's a little narrow minded don't you think? If you think about how long a video game is, 12 to 14 hours? You're making a huge judgment call on only viewing 6 minutes on a 720 minute game.

Also, you're wrong. I don't play COD. I play Battlefield. I've been playing every Battlefield game since 1942 was released. I'm more about simulation and strategy and less about team death match. I wouldn't make assumptions so easily or else you'll go through life being wrong about people.

G'day

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']They were survival horror movies with action. The action looks there but survival horror does not. I love how people argue stuff that love to argue no matter what you say wrong or right they will argue. SD has more respectable people then here lately.

The cod trolls sure love me. Take a break from gaming and go outside to play. Tell the bullies picking on you i said hi.[/QUOTE]

Again, what horror was in Aliens? Alien and Alien 3 were horror movies, sure, but Aliens is not. The only time anything could be considered "horror" in Aliens is when characters didn't have weapons at all, like when Ripley and Newt are stuck with the facehugger.

Not that anything I say matters, I'm a "cod troll" right?

[quote name='aegis707']have never used wal-mart to pre-order a game before usually do through amazon. I wanted to ask if they take payment upfront for the pre-order or place a hold for the amount or charge the final amount when the game is released?[/QUOTE]

I just looked on my card statement and saw the charge as "pending" but not added to my Total statement amount due. So I guess it's---they place a hold for the amount and then finally charge that hold once the game is released.:oops:

I think I am gonna price match this with BB. I dont think the CE get the 20 dollars for preorder but like being able to PM if it drops anymore.

This looks awesome. Anyone know what platform the video was from? I will buy for sure on day one. I'm not sure what platform to buy it for though.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']They were survival horror movies with action. The action looks there but survival horror does not. I love how people argue stuff that love to argue no matter what you say wrong or right they will argue. SD has more respectable people then here lately.

The cod trolls sure love me. Take a break from gaming and go outside to play. Tell the bullies picking on you i said hi.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, someone's a bit insecure...

bread's done
Back