Aliens: Colonial Marines Collector's Edition (PS3/360) $9.99 @ Gamestop

Thanks op pm'd a PS3 and 360 one at BB. I already have a 360 copy but I'll trade that and the PS3 one. Pretty good deal, two statues plus the 360 game for $2.40 +tax on expedited shipping.
How the hell did you get to order two? I tried to order over the phone and assholes wouldn't pm it, they claim they don't pm gamestop.com. I don't even want this shitty game anymore, I was going to do it just for the statue.

How the hell did you get to order two? I tried to order over the phone and assholes wouldn't pm it, they claim they don't pm gamestop.com. I don't even want this shitty game anymore, I was going to do it just for the statue.
She's/he's lying out the ass. She didn't question me or anything.

They (Richard & Scott) said they can't honor it because they need to verify with the local retailer but at this time of night... I told them they could check online and verify but they wouldn't even go that far.

They (Richard & Scott) said they can't honor it because they need to verify with the local retailer but at this time of night... I told them they could check online and verify but they wouldn't even go that far.
Same thing happened with me so I hung up n called back and got some one better had them check availability at a store near me using the checker and they price matched it

She asked me in store or online. I told her online she checked and that was it basically.

Same thing happened with me so I hung up n called back and got some one better had them check availability at a store near me using the checker and they price matched it

She asked me in store or online. I told her online she checked and that was it basically.
I know in regards to policy they are most likely right but like I told them... Where's the customer service at?!? It's not like there is one Gamestop around me, in a 10 mile radius there are 14 of them.

Her name was Cathy or Kathy. Maybe you can ask for her.
I appreciate the help but I'm over it, the spontaneous itch to buy is gone, I spent $34 on diapers instead. Really great deal on diapers.com for new costumers, I managed to get $16.50 off a case of diapers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny, if this was $14 with free shipping I might buy it, but $10 and $3.50 shipping, no.

I think I'd rather have the air in my apartment that this would displace. 

What does your email say for estimated delivery? I told her expedited and she checked and said it was but email says feb 10-13.

Funny, if this was $14 with free shipping I might buy it, but $10 and $3.50 shipping, no.

So you would rather pay 50 cents more just because the shipping charge was built into the item price?

Thank you OP. I ordered 1 for in-store pickup. The 4 GS stores that are closest to my home have them in stock. The instore price is showing up as $9.99 for me (someone around 1:30am said it was still showing up as $24.99). Hopefully everything goes smoothly tomorrow and I can finally get my hands on this cool little piece of plastic!.

I know in regards to policy they are most likely right but like I told them... Where's the customer service at?!? It's not like there is one Gamestop around me, in a 10 mile radius there are 14 of them.

I appreciate the help but I'm over it, the spontaneous itch to buy is gone, I spent $34 on diapers instead. Really great deal on diapers.com for new costumers, I managed to get $16.50 off a case of diapers!
And the diapers will never ever stink as much as Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Bazinga!

19648bazinga_TS_MD.jpg

I was thinking the same thing. On black friday I was hoping Amazon would have the CE at $14.99. I would have bought it at that price, but not at the $19.99 that they were offering.

Now I can't pay $14 on gamestop.com when I could possibly pay $9.99 in store tomorrow (I'm going to GS tomorrow anyway, so gas money and time aren't a factor for once).

Hey, my local pick up changed to $9.99 so I put one on hold. Before it said $24.99. Anyone else see $9.99 pick up available now?

Thank you OP. I ordered 1 for in-store pickup. The 4 GS stores that are closest to my home have them in stock. The instore price is showing up as $9.99 for me (someone around 1:30am said it was still showing up as $24.99). Hopefully everything goes smoothly tomorrow and I can finally get my hands on this cool little piece of plastic!.
That was me and I see it as $9.99 in store now as well. Good deal.

Edit. Anyone know how long does it usually take for a gift card to get refunded at Best Buy?

That was me and I see it as $9.99 in store now as well. Good deal.
Glad it changed. Canceled the PS3 one at BB and grabbed it at GS since I think I got the wrong shipping. Can't risk TIV dropping at BB by waiting.

Just grabbed a store pick up now that the price dropped as well. Will def run through the campaign coop for better or worse once.

Thanks OP

Edit. Anyone know how long does it usually take for a gift card to get refunded at Best Buy?
A few minutes to a few hours. Cancelled something the other day and it was back within five minutes or so but the time before that it took six or eight hours. Good ol' BBY.

Ugh it's snowing/sleeting today but now that I attempted a hold on one I am going to be looking for any way I can get to GS... What am I doing with my life?

why are you guys complaining about shipping? Just throw some garbage in your cart to get it to $25 then return the extra stuff. I do it all the time.  Usually throw in PS+ games i want the manual for and gank it if it comes with one

Put in a store pickup request for one, if it doesn't go through in the morning I may order one for shipping.  I'll pop the game in, if it's as bad as everyone says I'll just trade it - I'm good with the statue for $2.xx.  :)

To anyone who hasn't played this game: at first, I thought the game was horrible, control wise and everything. I stuck with it, and after about the third level, I really got into it and really enjoyed it. Even the Stasis Interrupted DLC was great. It's one of those games that I'm glad I stuck with. Those first few levels were rough though.

For the price, the game is OK.
Yeah, if I'd have picked it up at launch for full price, I'd be furious. But for $10, with all of the extras, Its worth a try.

If I'm not mistaken, this was the game that people complained about the difficulty. They cried about it being too easy, so the devs put out an update that made it frustratingly hard. Where even on easy, you'd die in seconds.
My advice is to avoid the update.

I just placed an order for another copy. This game was really good to me over the summer. I flipped many copies of Aliens, and sold a few of these statues on eBay. So I guess its just a reflex action now to pick this up.

Thank op, still seems worth it with the value shipping, total was $14.30, closest one to me was $8 in gas away.

Called up BB to pricematch but she said she needs to call the store to verify the inventory b/c they don't pm the website...

Oh well, bought it off GS for about $15 shipped.

Ordered one online for PS3. I already have and played through the 360 version but I really wanted the extras. That statue is killer.

Thanks OP got one just for the heck of it, I know it's a crap game but what love to see what all the fuss is about.

thanks. I'll get a copy just for the statue :)
You realize the statue is more or less the same quality as the game right? Collector's edition "statues" were always known for being of laughable quality in the ol' statue-collecting community in the first place, but this turd was one of the worst offenders and just reeks of cheapness. Obviously we weren't going to get a cold cast porcelin or even hand painted resin statue for $100, let alone with a game included, but jesus christ this really is one of the worst pieces I've ever seen.

All that said.... $10 does seem like a fair price. That's the most I'd consider paying. Normally I'd skip getting this myself, but with the $8 trade in to Best Buy this may be worth a look if I happen to pass by a store that still sells this.

.....The $8 TiV IS for everyone right? You guys didn't just automatically factor in GCU when you posted it, assuming everyone had it did you? If so, I'd hope OP would return the favor and update his post with the PUR price for this set.....

Can always buy it for $10 and trade the game to BBY for $8 if you just want the statue.

It's funny though that where the game itself is this sort of aborted, passionless mess that was finished to fulfill contractual obligations the CE itself screams passion. Everything is full of little details, shoes that whoever worked on it was really passionate about creating something cool for the fans, and I found the whole thing really well put together. Even the cheap clear piece of plastic that holds the statue inside the box has all this detail on to make the statue look even cooler if you decided to display it inside the box.
Seriously? Are we even talking about the same piece at all? I mean, yeah, I greatly prefer a high quality resin piece or a cold cast porcelain, but I have my share of cheap $5-$10 pieces too, and even they outshine this piece in every way.

Last edited:
I placed an online store pickup request, so we'll see if it gets fulfilled.

EDIT: Ready for pickup.  Now I just need a break in this weather.

bread's done
Back