ALL Atari Current Gen Games $20 on June 1

Togepy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Check it:

GamersFirst will begin on June 1st at participating retailers and will include a new price point of $19.99 on all existing console titles for PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube(TM), and Game Boy® Advance as well as all existing Windows titles (excluding the recently launched Dungeons & Dragons Online). Additionally, all Windows titles included in the program will be available for immediate download at Valve and Direct2Drive, also for $19.99.

http://www.atari.com/us/gamersfirst/

Quick glance at the games list and we can expect games such as...

Indigo Prophecy
Mark Ecko's Getting Up
Driver Parrallel Lines
Test Drive Eve of Destruction
Matrix Path of Neo

Everyone that is waiting for Indigo Prophecy to drop even further, don't. The game was one of my personal favorites last year, and it was well worth the $40. It is a fucking steal at $20.

Sorry if this has been posted in this thread, but Path of Neo is $9.99 at CC this week (one of the many 9.99 titles on sale).

any ideas as to which retailers are "participating" I know bestbuy is, I don't know if circuit city is. Atari's page on this is pretty crappy. Also, I thought that their current gen PC games would be available for download as well from steam and direct2drive, but there is no mention of this on either one of their sites.

[quote name='myqq']Sorry if this has been posted in this thread, but Path of Neo is $9.99 at CC this week (one of the many 9.99 titles on sale).[/quote]

There's a whole $9.99 thread going on, look for it.

I second the comment about Indigo Prophecy. $20 is a steal, I'd pay $40 for it. It's one of the very, very few games that I would never feel bad about paying full price for. It's amazing.

[quote name='adidas']Konami's catlog has some solid ones and hits but some just are horrible. Silent hill was medirce... [/QUOTE]

LIES!

Silent Hill is one of the best franchises in videogames ever and actually spawned a videogame-based movie that was actually good. "alone in the dark" has nothing on silent hill, cept it's age.

back on topic:

this is available in all B&M retail stores?

[quote name='terribledeli']Any word if this applies to the LEs as well?

One of my local gamestop's has the LE of Driver 4 and Getting Up and I wouldn't mind snagging both for $40.[/quote]

According to ATARI's website, the LE versions should also be discounted today, but they're still close to MSRP on Best Buy, Circuit City, EB and Gamestop. I'm waiting for a price drop on the LE of Mark Ecko's Getting Up.

Screw Atari for this halfass sale... at least go all out and include DS and PSP titles.

They discounted Neverwinter Nights Platinum but not Diamond? That's real classy, you fucktards. And I see Dragonshard isn't on the list either. Apparently the only way to get those two for $20 is if you download them directly to your PC.

NWN Diamond is $20 at BB right now though it's "on sale", so i'm not sure how long it'll last.

[quote name='PrivatePixel']According to ATARI's website, the LE versions should also be discounted today, but they're still close to MSRP on Best Buy, Circuit City, EB and Gamestop. I'm waiting for a price drop on the LE of Mark Ecko's Getting Up.[/quote]
I'm waiting for the price drop on the Getting Up LE also. Where on the website did you see the information about the LE versions dropping in price?

EDIT: Nevermind I did some digging around and the list of titles in the Gamers First program are listed in the following link: http://www.atari.com/us/gamersfirst

I went to EB this evening and the manager said he had no idea about Atari current gen games being dropped to $20. Marc Ecko LE and Driver LE scanned for full price.

Can't find any national on-line retailers that actually have the new prices in place. Seems like somebody didn't do a good job of getting the word out.

[quote name='Roufuss']This belongs in the deal forum.

If this includes DS games, I will jump on DBZ Supersonic Warriors 2... $14.99 after GGC from Best Buy.

What else can we expect?

D&D Dragonshard PC for $19.99
Neverwinter Nights Diamond PC for $19.99[/QUOTE]

I'm going to have to seriously consider Dragonshard at that price... but is Neverwinter Nights still worth buying at this point? I never had a chance to play it due to my shitty computer at the time...

I bought path of neo from the CC sale all I gotta say is stay away!!! even 10 dollars may be tempting but...

[quote name='Chacrana']I'm going to have to seriously consider Dragonshard at that price... but is Neverwinter Nights still worth buying at this point? I never had a chance to play it due to my shitty computer at the time...[/QUOTE]

Neverwinter Nights is supposedly good if you like Diablo styled games.... I bought the Platinum Edition used at EB, which I'll be taking back once they drop the Diamond version to $20 and switching up.

For $20, you get Neverwinter Nights and three expansions, which is alot of NWN goodness.

So far, Gamestop / EB have only dropped the PS2 prices on all Atari games... I'm not sure why they are fucking this up so badly.

[quote name='Chacrana']I'm going to have to seriously consider Dragonshard at that price... but is Neverwinter Nights still worth buying at this point? I never had a chance to play it due to my shitty computer at the time...[/QUOTE]

Hit some Target stores - they are clearing Dragonshard out. I picked up a copy for $12.48.

Once Upon A Knight - PCXX 1 $ 19.95
Independence War 2 - PCXX 1 $ 12.99
Dragonshard - PCXX 1 $ 19.99
Act of War: Direct Action PC 1 $ 19.99

Picked up Once Upon a Knight because my wife wanted to give it a whirl, but the other games got good to awesome reviews (I'm talking about IW2) Dragonshard is out of stock at EB and gayspot

I just picked up Indigo Prophecy today for 15 bucks used at Game Crazy...worth every penny. It's really really good and it does an awesome job at sucking you into the world. I'm only about an hour in, but I'm loving the game so far.

bread's done
Back