All blu-rays at hollywood video outlets - $7.99 - know a location?

savagepastry

CAGiversary!
I didn't see anything about this floating around, but if so, I apologize.

If your local Hollywood Video has become what is being referred to as an "outlet store", they are selling off all of their blu-rays for $7.99 each, which is a pretty good deal.

Its hard to figure out exactly which stores are and aren't outlets, and it would be nice if anyone spots one to post it so that a list can be formed.

For instance, the Lexington, Kentucky store has been outletted for sure. They still had quite a bit last time I was there, as well.

Thank you.

[quote name='freshzen']Are they selling their entire stock on blu-rays and do they include blu-ray cases or generic dvd cases?[/QUOTE]

good question

both stores in knoxville, TN aren't selling them at this price :(

just a heads up for people who live in west knox

[quote name='freshzen']Are they selling their entire stock on blu-rays and do they include blu-ray cases or generic dvd cases?[/QUOTE]

At the outlets (its basically a liquidation sale), its ALL of the blu-rays they had for rent, in the same condition/casing that they rent them, so its somewhat variable.

[quote name='styl3s']both stores in knoxville, TN aren't selling them at this price :(

just a heads up for people who live in west knox[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like I said, its only if the store is calling itself an "outlet" which you can only really know if you call or walk in and see the sale signs. Hollywood's always been so good about promoting sales. :)

Thanks for the heads-up, though. I love Knoxville.

[quote name='savagepastry']Yeah, like I said, its only if the store is calling itself an "outlet" which you can only really know if you call or walk in and see the sale signs. Hollywood's always been so good about promoting sales. :)

Thanks for the heads-up, though. I love Knoxville.[/QUOTE]
Yeah i like living here.. we never get good deals though like this.. back when blockbuster was closing a ton of stores not 1 store in knoxville closed.. not 1 and there is like 90 of them :lol:

Technically, I'd have to say that NOT closing stores in your area is a good sign, as that means that things are actually doing ok financially for the whole city. I know it means a lack of close-out deals, but we need to think long-term here. :)

[quote name='savagepastry']Technically, I'd have to say that NOT closing stores in your area is a good sign, as that means that things are actually doing ok financially for the whole city. I know it means a lack of close-out deals, but we need to think long-term here. :)[/QUOTE]
screw that close them down and bring on the deals! :lol:

One of my sources went to the Culver City store (on Venice near the 10 Fwy), which is a confirmed outlet store, and reported that the selection was terrible. Practically nothing available except for shitty DVDs. Games and Blu Ray selection non-existent.

I will be checking out the location on Washington in Venice (in the Costco center) later this week, though that location is confirmed to NOT be an outlet store. And it's so busy in there, it's probably long been picked clean of anything remotely decent $4.99 used game wise.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']If you are in the Memphis , TN area dont even bother . Everyone who works at the HWV here are complete Arssss Holes .[/QUOTE]

All the more reason to take buy all the good stuff they have for sale. :) Is there an outlet store there?

I'm curious, what'd they do to you? Anything impressively awful?

bread's done
Back