All CDs 9.88 each at Circuit City (9/4-9/5)

chargeup45

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Didn't see this one in any of the weekly ad posts...

Circuit City is having another one of their $10 CD sales. Can't be a double CD (although it might be worth a shot to try), and regular price must be 13.99 or less.

anyone know if it's automatic or if it's up to the cashier's discretion whether or not two disc sets will work? I was thinking of picking up a CD, but it's two discs(there's only two tracks on each disc, each ~20 minutes long) and it's not apparent that it's more than one by its packaging(it comes in a thin cardboard sleeve.

I love when they do this. I wish it was somewhere other than circuit city as their items are so disorganized. I guess it just makes hunting more fun.

I believe it works with ALL CDs $13.99 or less. If the regular version of a release is 2 discs, you should be able to get it. It's usually the deluxe versions (that run $20 or so) that they won't let you get for cheap.

My brother just got two CDs for the price of one because the guy working there was stupid. 2 Cds for $10.47! :D He's happy about it.

Do their instore prices usually reflect their online ones? If so I got about 5 things to pick up :D

Just got back from my local CC. Picked up Rubber Soul because Beatles albums are always at least 13.99, also the Cure's Greatest hits for the same reason. Great deal.

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']I want a CD that cost $13.99 regular price, but it comes with a bonus DVD too. What are the odds that they won't let me get it for $9.99?[/QUOTE]

I think the odds are pretty good that you'll be able to get it for $9.99.

[quote name='eldad9']Sure.. but let's not hear from any of you about how stupid it is to sue file sharers, OK?[/QUOTE]

Huh? You're not really making any sense. As consumers, part of the reason file sharing has become rampant is because of over-inflated prices. Many of us, obviously, feel that $10 is a good price mark to buy a CD. Just because people use filesharing does not mean that they don't buy CDs. And just because we buy CDs does not mean that we support the efforts of the RIAA. If anything, we are strengthening the case for file sharig by purchasing the CDs that we enjoy (which we often find through filesharing) when we see them at a respectable price point.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']...just because we buy CDs does not mean that we support the efforts of the RIAA.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it does. Buy doing business with them you're implicitly condoning their actions. You're sending the message that suing random file sharers is tolerated.

[quote name='eldad9']Yes, it does. Buy doing business with them you're implicitly condoning their actions. You're sending the message that suing random file sharers is tolerated.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying the only answer is to do nothing but fileshare? You've got an odd sense of logic.

Just to verify...

YES ALL CDS THAT ARE $9.99 TO $13.99 WILL RING UP AT $9.88. THAT INCLUDES ANY DOUBLE DISC, TRIPLE DISC, CD WITH DVD, ETC ETC ETC THAT IS IN THAT PRICE RANGE.

Sorry to use all caps, large font size, and red colored text but I did this so that way everyone will NOTICE it. That way nobody will be repeatedly asking over and over and over after I just answered it.

[quote name='eldad9']Yes, it does. Buy doing business with them you're implicitly condoning their actions. You're sending the message that suing random file sharers is tolerated.[/QUOTE]

And to think, I thought I was just supporting a musician that I enjoy listening to.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']So you're saying the only answer is to do nothing but fileshare? You've got an odd sense of logic.[/QUOTE]

No, what I'm saying is: if an artist is fine with sharing - share and buy. If they aren't (as is the case with all RIAA-signed artists) don't share and don't buy. Go explore new music instead.

[quote name='chargeup45']And to think, I thought I was just supporting a musician that I enjoy listening to.[/QUOTE]

It's never that simple. Always try to figure out where your money goes, and what is done with it.

[quote name='eldad9']No, what I'm saying is: if an artist is fine with sharing - share and buy. If they aren't (as is the case with all RIAA-signed artists) don't share and don't buy. Go explore new music instead.[/QUOTE]

Which is why I didn't, and won't, buy the newest Foo Fighters. But there are plenty of artists not spoken for by the RIAA, so buying CDs doesn't necessarily mean supporting the RIAA. You jump to such silly conclusions.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Which is why I didn't, and won't, buy the newest Foo Fighters.[/QUOTE]

Its called turn the autoplay off your CD/DVD drive. Ripped to mp3 fine on my system with autoplay turned off. :D

Oh, and for the record... I enjoyed the hell out of the second disc. Disc one was kinda weak and most of the songs sound too alike tho.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Which is why I didn't, and won't, buy the newest Foo Fighters. But there are plenty of artists not spoken for by the RIAA, so buying CDs doesn't necessarily mean supporting the RIAA. You jump to such silly conclusions.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but how many of them have shelf presence at Circuit City?

(I'm assuming very few, but I really don't know).

[quote name='eldad9']Yes, but how many of them have shelf presence at Circuit City?

(I'm assuming very few, but I really don't know).[/QUOTE]

A good chunk of the newer CDs coming out as of lately have been using the "copy protection" on it. Like I've said either shift key on your keyboard when putting the CD in, or turn off autoplay all together.

Then again, I got autoplay turned off all together but for other reason (namely not wanting the autoload program on a CD/DVD-ROM to kick in after putting the disc in).

[quote name='demomanTNA']A good chunk of the newer CDs coming out as of lately have been using the "copy protection" on it. Like I've said either shift key on your keyboard when putting the CD in, or turn off autoplay all together.

Then again, I got autoplay turned off all together but for other reason (namely not wanting the autoload program on a CD/DVD-ROM to kick in after putting the disc in).[/QUOTE]

Is some kind of notice displayed before installation, or do they try to install software on your machine without your knowledge?

The simple solution: Don't use media from sources you can't trust. It has already been demonstrated that the RIAA isn't trustworthy.

bread's done
Back