All Dead Island deals round-up for 9/6/11!!!

tylonol80

CAG Veteran
If u know all or any deals for Dead island post them please , try get the best deal for the release day.

Sooo so far...

TRU- $15 gc only on 9/6
kmart- $20 coupon for instore
Gamestop -pre-order and receive limited edition for 59.99 (sold out online) which includes free dlc Arena pack msrp 9.99 for download on PSN and XBL available in October For non limited edition!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason Amazon is offering no promotional credit at all on this one. Must not be expecting it to be a big seller. TRU does have 15 GC w/purchase.

Edit: TRU, not Kmart. No Kmart in my area. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Should probably have hunted them down to put in the OP yourself. Makes it look like you are asking a question and that tends to get flamed hardcore.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Should probably have hunted them down to put in the OP yourself. Makes it look like you are asking a question and that tends to get flamed hardcore.[/QUOTE]

The sad thing is that you would expect someone from 08 would know better...

This should be in "request a deal".

DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION. ONLY POST SPECIFIC VIDEO GAME DEALS!

[quote name='tylonol80']If u know all or any deals for Dead island post them please , try get the best deal for the release day.[/QUOTE]

...maybe YOU could post them in the OP? I think the whole point of a "round up" is to make it easy for people to see all the deals in one place: having to scroll through the thread to see different responses (two of which are conflicting btw... it's a $20 coupon at Kmart, not $15) isn't very parsimonious.

A round up thread for Dead Island? Half the people I talk to don't know anything about this game and most of the others have just seen the one trailer.

Me I'm certainly waiting to read some reviews and opinions before trying it unless they get it in Redbox.

Did they ever cave in to the stupid pressure and change the cover? I heard they were probably going to censor it then never heard anything else

If they did I think i'll just pass on the game. I hate bullshit like that. Game didn't look all that great either. I was expecting a cool survival zombie game and what i saw looked like friggin oblivion

[quote name='Kenshindono']Did they ever cave in to the stupid pressure and change the cover? I heard they were probably going to censor it then never heard anything else

If they did I think i'll just pass on the game. I hate bullshit like that. Game didn't look all that great either. I was expecting a cool survival zombie game and what i saw looked like friggin oblivion[/QUOTE]

I didn't know about that. Looked it up and looks like they changed it from the guy hanging. Whatever though, not really a big deal to me.

Searching for it though also lead me to this, which made me laugh: http://www.1up.com/news/activision-box-art-due-baja

[quote name='Kenshindono']Did they ever cave in to the stupid pressure and change the cover? I heard they were probably going to censor it then never heard anything else

If they did I think i'll just pass on the game. I hate bullshit like that. Game didn't look all that great either. I was expecting a cool survival zombie game and what i saw looked like friggin oblivion[/QUOTE]

Here's a good idea; buy the game, print out the uncensored cover from the internet, tape it onto the game box and presto! You got yourself the one and only uncensored copy of Dead Island.

[quote name='exaznkid']is that website legit? also op if ur gonne make a thread title deals roundup, you might wanna contribute something rather than just request someone finish your thread for u[/QUOTE]

Yup, keys are sent almost instantly to your email, no need to wait for someone to send the code to you. Ive bought about 5 games from them no problem and if thats not enough to convince you check out the reviews and the facebook page. I was skeptical at first but once you buy a game for nearly 50% off retail you'll never pay full price for a PC game again.

Reviews:
http://www.trustpilot.com/review/cdkeysdiscount.com

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/CD-Keys-Discount/176419032401991

Forget paying $60 for Skyrim or Rage, they'll be $40 on here when they release
If you dont ant great deals on PC game then just ignore this post.

Seriously? It's one F*cking game. You can't even keep track of the available deals for one game? Lazy people, expect to be spoon fed.

[quote name='whoknows']I didn't know about that. Looked it up and looks like they changed it from the guy hanging. Whatever though, not really a big deal to me.

Searching for it though also lead me to this, which made me laugh: http://www.1up.com/news/activision-box-art-due-baja[/QUOTE]

ya too bad then, i wont be buying this game. I dont support companies that cave in to censorship demands. Maybe i'll buy a used copy down the line so that the developers dont get any of the money

friggin lame

[quote name='Gimgak']Here's a good idea; buy the game, print out the uncensored cover from the internet, tape it onto the game box and presto! You got yourself the one and only uncensored copy of Dead Island.[/QUOTE]

screw that, I'm not supporting a company that gives in to censorship pressure. Like i said, maybe i'll buy a used copy down the line. Although i never buy used games for current generation consoles, this would be an exception

[quote name='SeanTM22']Yup, keys are sent almost instantly to your email, no need to wait for someone to send the code to you. Ive bought about 5 games from them no problem and if thats not enough to convince you check out the reviews and the facebook page. I was skeptical at first but once you buy a game for nearly 50% off retail you'll never pay full price for a PC game again.

Reviews:
http://www.trustpilot.com/review/cdkeysdiscount.com

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/CD-Keys-Discount/176419032401991

Forget paying $60 for Skyrim or Rage, they'll be $40 on here when they release
If you dont ant great deals on PC game then just ignore this post.[/QUOTE]

They sell Windows 7 Ultimate keys for $35 . . . do I need to say any more? I would never deal with this kind of shady outfit, if nothing else they are bypassing regional restrictions and your account on Steam or Origin could be banned. Not worth it.

[quote name='chimpmeister']They sell Windows 7 Ultimate keys for $35 . . . do I need to say any more? I would never deal with this kind of shady outfit, if nothing else they are bypassing regional restrictions and your account on Steam or Origin could be banned. Not worth it.[/QUOTE]

where do you see they sell Windows 7? They only sell games...

I put up the post since it's a hot trending game that's getting good buzz also the deals I had seen were very little ,game-stop limited edition pre order sold-out. also the most newest deals came about this week so Pow!

[quote name='Kenshindono']ya too bad then, i wont be buying this game. I dont support companies that cave in to censorship demands. Maybe i'll buy a used copy down the line so that the developers dont get any of the money

friggin lame[/QUOTE]

Pretty terrible reason to not get the game. It's such a small change, and it's not hard to see why they were asked to change it.

Making the minor change made it easier for everybody.

The ESRB censored the Dead Island logo. The european version is going to be uncensored. There's an article about it on destructoid.
http://www.destructoid.com/esrb-censors-dead-island-logo-196951.phtml

[quote name='SeanTM22']Best Deal? I think this is it... $29.99 for a Stem activation key (PC Only)

http://cdkeysdiscount.com/126-dead-island.html[/QUOTE]

This site says you have to add a minimum quantity of 10 to buy the product.

[quote name='whoknows']Pretty terrible reason to not get the game. It's such a small change, and it's not hard to see why they were asked to change it.

Making the minor change made it easier for everybody.[/QUOTE]

I dont think so at all. They pussed out and censored there game for no damn reason at all. its not hard to see why they were asked to change it? I think its pretty hard to see. A guy hanging from a tree is just unacceptable? How? OH NOE'S! suicide! it will warp everyones poor little mind

[quote name='bossman']The ESRB censored the Dead Island logo. The european version is going to be uncensored. There's an article about it on destructoid.
http://www.destructoid.com/esrb-censors-dead-island-logo-196951.phtml

This site says you have to add a minimum quantity of 10 to buy the product.[/QUOTE]

well thats good to know. fuck the ESRB then. Still means they wont get any of my money. I'll possibly get a used copy sot hat the developers/publishers dont get a cent of my money, or possibly import the UK version.

Anyone know if the 360 versions region free? Id prefer it over the ps3 version

[quote name='Kenshindono']I dont think so at all. They pussed out and censored there game for no damn reason at all. its not hard to see why they were asked to change it? I think its pretty hard to see. A guy hanging from a tree is just unacceptable? How? OH NOE'S! suicide! it will warp everyones poor little mind[/QUOTE]

Only the NA boxart is censored. The in-game logo is unchanged.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/115/1156850p1.html

Fry's has it for $49.99 this week. That plus a potential price match at Best Buy to get Zombieland as a bonus seems solid.

Kmart once again has the best deal. $20.00 coupon with game purchase. Also, guarantee if you can wait two weeks, Kmart will have it on sale for either $39.99 or $44.99.

bread's done
Back