All Games & Accessories 50% off at Borders (YMMV)

hitop

CAG Veteran
Last year, Borders Books & Music began carrying some games and hardware. Apparently it didn't go over well, because it looks like they're getting out of the business. Not all Borders carry games, and some MAY be staying in the business - these stores won't offer this deal. This is strictly in-store, Borders online presence is run through Amazon, so these deals won't work there.

As of right now, all games and accessories (controllers, memory cards, etc.) are 50% off at Borders. Actual system hardware is excluded (doh!). As far as I know, this is not temporary, everything will be on sale until it's gone. Enjoy!

Possible chance of getting a GBA SP for 50% off.

Check it out: Chubby Wallet Link

I already have too many GBA systems otherwise I would go there and check it out (60 minute drive). Probably not a good idea to call your store asking about these deals and prices of certain products as employee's love to horde them for eBay.

Good Luck!

Chris

Went to a couple borders since one is right accross the street from me and the other is on the way home. Neither had any good games, probably the best deal was dual shocks half off (half of 24.99), but I don't really know how good that is. Didn't see any gameboy advances.

These were both in LA (Westchester and Westwood).

I've seen strategy guides at the local Borders stores around here, but that's about it for video game stuff.

@msdmoney: Dual shocks half off of $24.99 would be around $12.50. Were those PSone or PS2 controllers? If they were PS2, that's a killer deal.

[quote name='DigitalSpace']I've seen strategy guides at the local Borders stores around here, but that's about it for video game stuff.

@msdmoney: Dual shocks half off of $24.99 would be around $12.50. Were those PSone or PS2 controllers? If they were PS2, that's a killer deal.[/quote]

I believe they were PS2 but didn't really pay close attention since I don't have a PS2

the GBA deal is great if you can find it. I just got a gba sp from shopnbc.com two days ago. They had a $50 coupon available at that time.

[quote name='Stargun007']Sorry to threadjack, but dcxx20- is that coupon expired? Also, what did you need to do to get it?[/quote]

USE CODE: 87844101 $50 off $99.99 or more!

I called in shobnbc.com (can't do online, must call in), and then told them I wanted GBA SP, they did it for you. I don't know if this has been killed already. This coupon can't be applied to video games online, but somehow the phone order system think it is fine.

I used that same method to get an XBOX for 129.99 back when it was still 179. They aren't smart enough to lock it out for phone orders apparently, but I think if a whole lot of people try they might learn how... :)

[quote name='dcxx20'][quote name='Stargun007']Sorry to threadjack, but dcxx20- is that coupon expired? Also, what did you need to do to get it?[/quote]

USE CODE: 87844101 $50 off $99.99 or more!

I called in shobnbc.com (can't do online, must call in), and then told them I wanted GBA SP, they did it for you. I don't know if this has been killed already. This coupon can't be applied to video games online, but somehow the phone order system think it is fine.[/quote]

I just went to their site and I don't even see any GBAs on there. Do they still have it, just not on the website? Also, did you get to choose what color GBA you wanted?

*bump*

Does anyone know if the Borders in Paramus, NJ at Garden State Plaza has games?

Also, whoever mentioned getting a GBA at ShopNBC, do they still sell them over the phone even though it's not online?

they have a real shite selection..
mojo, reel fishing, and bug's life! only good game they had was VF4, not even EVO!

"Any Borders near San Diego or Riverside areas???"

one in Mission Valley, believe theres a few more just can't remember where.

[quote name='Stargun007']None at the Paramus, NJ one, either.[/quote]

I used to work at that Borders. none in this area ever carried games. They only recently started carrying small electronics like walkmans.

Here in Portland, ME I picked up a couple of Dualshock 2 controllers. I might pick up The Thing (PS2) tomorrow. This store would probably have several good titles if some shmuck hadn't stolen them to trade for drugs.

If you have questions as to whether or not there's a Borders near you, try www.bordersstores.com - enter your ZIP and it'll find a store for you.

I just got Pokemon Pinball: Gold and Silver for $15! WOO! FINALLY!

They had one other copy at the Border's on Clark in Chicago.

I didn't really see any accessories (didn't really look tho) and the rest of the games were crap like Fur Fighters.

My local Borders now has all of its games marked at 75% off. Mostly they are marked $19.99, so this makes them $5. Games I saw include SSX Tricky, Red Faction, VF4 (not evolution), Twisted Metal Black (no online), Hot Shots Golf 3. All are PS2.

I don't think my Borders carries games. They have stratgey guides, but I never have seen games in the store. If they did they would still be expensive since everything at Borders is expensive.

If they did they would still be expensive since everything at Borders is expensive.

That about says it. Whenever those 20% of coupons come around, they make things at Borders normal priced.

bread's done
Back