All Guild Wars games $29.99 each w/Free Shipping @ Amazon

whitereflection

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
Lowest prices I've seen for the Guild Wars games:

Guild Wars: Prophecies
http://www.amazon.com/NCsoft-FG-XP-...sr_1/102-9565285-8345705?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

Guild Wars: Factions
http://www.amazon.com/NC-Interactiv...sr_3/102-9565285-8345705?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

Guild Wars: Factions Collector's Edition ($49.99)
http://www.amazon.com/Guild-Wars-Fa...sr_2/102-9565285-8345705?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

Guild Wars: Nightfall
http://www.amazon.com/NCsoft-FG-XP-...sr_2/102-9565285-8345705?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

Nightfall is $24.99 at your local EB/Gamestop until Dec. 14th, but after tax, will be $27 and might be worth ordering at Amazon instead (which doesn't charge tax except in Kansas, Kentucky, North Dakota, and Washington).

I think if you send an email to them they can pricematch the difference, I know that Amazon does that, they did that one time when I bought the Smallville Season 5 there, it dropped in price either 1 or 2 days after and they credited me with the difference.

I haven't played any of these yet. Any recommendations on which on to buy? Should I start w/ the original?

[quote name='qlos']I haven't played any of these yet. Any recommendations on which on to buy? Should I start w/ the original?[/QUOTE]

Get the original and Nightfall. I hear Factions is the worst one. But, I haven't played Factions yet.

I'm thinking about buying factions too...

Why not buy the newest one that most people are going to be playing in? And don't play with outdated skills. Most of the skills you need will be in NF along with new ones.

I have Proph and factions and faction was a whole lot more fun than Proph. Enemies are tougher, mission are massive and difficult. Factions might focus more on PVP I guess.

I'm still waiting for a lower price drop on NF. :p

$29.99 seems cheap. What is the lowest price this game can get? I'm not sure if I want to buy this game now. I'm kind of tempted to buy but also don't want to buy at the same time. I have the original and the faction expansion. I also played Nightfall a little bit during the free trial weekend before. I just started playing the original game for a while but find the game kind of boring when playing by myself. I have not touch my two Guild Wars games for a while now.

At some point they will bundle all of the games together for $50-60 bucks. So this deal is good if you want them "NOW".

Personally- I'm not a fan of Guild Wars- played the beta and it just wasn't as much fun as World of Warcraft.

[quote name='trunks982']if they sell the collector's edition for 30, i'll buy it.[/quote]

Same here--have the original and Nightfall, but waiting on factions CE to drop even more before I get that one.

I want Nightfall, and I have to the money, but I want to save it to buy people some christmas presents. Anyone know if these prices will stay for long or if it's just temporary?

I am a huge Guild Wars fan and I can assure you that there are plenty of people online. I've spent 1900+ hours on it and never have I seen it dry of a community.

I play it sparingly now and mostly at PVP, but there is no shortage of players. NF has even increased the number of players with its enhanced single player campaign. The campaign is fun because you usually do missions with groups, but it's not like "deep" like Warcraft or so people say with all the excessive items/emotes/usual MMO stuff. PVP though is fantastic and it's where the depth is.

If you want the biggest crowd, get NF.

I have them all. It's a great game, and due to the fact that you can pick it up and play for either long or small stretches, and after months of being dormant, I really dig it. It seems there are fewer people on the original game right now, but still tons on Factions.

I personally either play solo or with a couple of close friends. But one of these said friends has also played with strangers on a regular basis, and says it's not difficult to set up as long as you're not shy.

-HM

I have all three CEs...I'd definitely recommend all of them for this price. All three campaigns for $90? Very nice deal.

Thanks for sharing, did get paid till today so I couldn't pick up nightfall at the slightly lower price. Allows me to get a cheap christmas present that is better than anything else I could come up with in the price range.

This is an awesome deal. After seeing Nightfall on the EB site for $25, I decided to try picking it up at an EB B&M since all versions of Guild Wars are 30% off in-store. Apparently it's still priced $49.99 in-store (at least the one in my area), and with 30% off it comes to about $38. Now I know why I don't buy games at EB/Gamestop anymore. Sorry, had to vent, but this is a great deal.

I was a little confused by the title of your post. Could you change the title to:

"All Guild Wars games $29.99 each w/Free Shipping @ Amazon"

The way you have it now makes it seem like you get all of them for $29.99. Just a tad misleading.

Thanks for the deal!

Do you need to buy the original Guild Wars if you buy an expansion they almost seem like new games and since there is no charge for playing I just wasn't sure

[quote name='anionyx']Do you need to buy the original Guild Wars if you buy an expansion they almost seem like new games and since there is no charge for playing I just wasn't sure[/quote] No, you don't need the original (AKA Prophecies) to play the expansions. I'm not sure what restrictions you'll face if you only have an expansion, but they are definitely stand-alone products.

I was thinking about buying factions if it was at a good price, but it appears that amazon moved Factions back to 45$.. :( Anyone know any alternatives?

[quote name='jackal912']I was thinking about buying factions if it was at a good price, but it appears that amazon moved Factions back to 45$.. :( Anyone know any alternatives?[/QUOTE]

Well, it's not factions, but EB/Gamestop are selling Nightfall for $30 until the 18th.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Well, it's not factions, but EB/Gamestop are selling Nightfall for $30 until the 18th.[/QUOTE]

EB/Gamestop is also selling the Collector's Edition for the same price.

I found Guild Wars to be kinda boring and much more grind-oriented than they pretended it was. I would've liked to enjoy it, but getting new skills in PvP took roughly a decade, making testing new skill builds stupidly difficult.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I found Guild Wars to be kinda boring and much more grind-oriented than they pretended it was. I would've liked to enjoy it, but getting new skills in PvP took roughly a decade, making testing new skill builds stupidly difficult.[/QUOTE]

That's true, but compare it to WoW and it's quite a bit faster. Changing talents for your class in WoW is easy, but only if you've leveled that class to 60. Sort of the same in GW, if you've done the campaign and unlocked a bunch of skills you can mess with 'em easily.

Still, that said I never was a big fan of Guild Wars PvE. I'm kind of a loot whore and it doesn't have the same "Oooh, blue!" "Oooh, purple!" lootiness of WoW. PvP's way more balanced and fun though.

The PvE is nothing more than a tedious timesink. GORGEOUS environs though.

PvP is where its at, but even then, I found it kinda dull because I don't have the inclination to forment relationships to get into a clan. Hell, the only clans I could get into had only three members online or so at any given time. Pickup games with strangers just aren't worth the IMMENSE trouble it is to find a group of 4-8 strangers with complimentary skills.

Then again, timesink RPGs aren't my thing. This was the only MMO I was even interested in even trying.

[quote name='RollingSkull']

Then again, timesink RPGs aren't my thing. This was the only MMO I was even interested in even trying.[/quote]

Timesink RPGs...isn't that a redundant term?:bouncy:

bread's done
Back