All HBO DVDs 50% off at Best Buy (includes BR)

mentalward

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
All HBO products are on sale at Best Buy and Best Buy.com for 50% off. This is a sale they do every year around this time. There are some great bargains.

I just picked up Sopranos season 6 part 2 for $35 on blu-ray. It had an original price sticker of $109 on it. Band of Brothers blu-ray for $35 would have been a great deal also if I hadn't just finished watching it on dvd last week.

[quote name='mentalward']I am kicking myself for not buying The Wire complete series when I had the chance. Does anyone know if BB or Amazon will honor the price if I purchase it online now even though it is back ordered?[/QUOTE]

As long as each site is showing that price now and will allow you to purchase it you'll get it for the price that it's showing on the site now regardless of whether it's on backorder unless they decide to totally cancel your order.

[quote name='mentalward']I am kicking myself for not buying The Wire complete series when I had the chance. Does anyone know if BB or Amazon will honor the price if I purchase it online now even though it is back ordered?[/quote]

Plus, it is available in most stores, at least in my area. All but one of my "local" stores has it in stock.

[quote name='gdemander']Plus, it is available in most stores, at least in my area. All but one of my "local" stores has it in stock.[/QUOTE]

Checked the bay area stores and none are showing it in stock. I will nab it from amazon and hope that they don't cancel the order.

thanks. merry xmas.

I love it when this deal comes around. I finished off my Sopranos collection by getting Season 5 and Season 6 part 1 and then I went ahead and snatched up The Wire complete series. I wanted to grab the Deadwood set but my store was all out.

The folks at my Best Buy suggested I could secure the sale price with a raincheck, but then they checked the computer at my behest and located six of the Deadwood box sets that the store associate swore was sold out, so I didn't actually get that far with the raincheck.

Thanks for the tip, I picked up Band of Brothers blu-ray and Flight of the conchords S1 (as a gift) for $50xx shipped.
Band of Brothers is the first blu-ray I've purchased since getting my PS3, and I'm hyped to give it a shot..
Edit: I forgot that I just got an Amazon gift card for christmas, so the total is now $35.98. Awesome.

[quote name='UjnHunter']Too bad Deadwood isn't on Blu-Ray ;)[/QUOTE]

That show got boring for me by the end of the 2nd season. I was enjoying season 1 a lot but it just felt like they were running out of ideas and the characters were less and less interesting.

I blind bought all four seasons of Entourage, and it is now one of my favorite shows. I will probably go back tomorrow and pick up Carnivale seasons 1 & 2.

[quote name='shiftplusone']so does this END tomorrow or is tomorrow the last day?

Sweet Deal though especially on the blurays[/QUOTE]

I was in BB today and they had signs saying that the sale ends on the 27th. I would imagine that the prices are good until closing time on the 27th.

[quote name='Omniscia']I, too, wish they had Mr. Show on sale. Some not very nice fellow on eBay absconded with my dough for season four, and Paypal didn't get it back for me...[/quote]
I just got back from Best Buy and can confirm that Mr. Show IS half off. I just picked up the entire series for $34 in store. It's just not reflected on the site (or any ads) for some reason. I don't know about the individual seasons, but I'd assume they're on sale too.

The thing is, it might be hard to find. I couldn't find it anywhere in the DVD sections, and it wasn't in any of the "HBO sale" stands. I found one lone copy sitting out on a table next to Discovery channel dvds and had to do a price check.

I forgot to go through with buying the complete set of The Wire on Amazon last night, I had it in my cart but I didn't pull the trigger. Now its back up to $135. :(

[quote name='alongx']John Adams isn't worth it. If you think it is, and you want it, I'll give you a sweetheart deal on the set.[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested. Wife and I thought it was very entertaining, and our DVR screwed up the final episode.

[quote name='publiicprivates']waut, so is this still going on?[/quote]This ended when stores closed last night or midnight EST online.

[quote name='James in VA']I believe all of these HBO deals are being matched by Amazon. DVD and Blu-Ray. Why pay tax at Best Buy?[/quote]

This a no-brainer but I had a $5 RZ certificate so I picked up Entourage season 4 late last night at BB (almost forgot :lol:).

Amazon is still selling Entourage S1-4 for $14.99 each. Even better than what BB was offering.

bread's done
Back