All HD-DVDs $10 at Hastings (YMMV)

WesWarlord

CAGiversary!
For those lucky enough to have a Hastings in the area, you may wanna go check it out. My Hastings has all of their HD-DVDs in a large bin all for $10. My Hastings had a huge selection of HD-DVDs so when I go back I should be able to pick up just about anything I want.

[quote name='WesWarlord']For those lucky enough to have a Hastings in the area, you may wanna go check it out. My Hastings has all of their HD-DVDs in a large bin all for $10. My Hastings had a huge selection of HD-DVDs so when I go back I should be able to pick up just about anything I want.[/quote]

This past Saturday, my Hastings had an HD-DVD bin, but only about half of the movies they had in stock were in the bin with a price of $16.99. I asked the staff if this sale applied to all movies, and he said no, but made it sound like it was something done by the manager, so I'm guessing this is YMMV. I may stop back to see if this has changed.

For those wondering, movies in the bin included Transformers, Shrek the Third, Troy, Training Day, 300, The Shining, Blood Diamond, and Superman Returns...movies kept on the shelf at full price included Children of Men, Serenity, Shaun of the Dead, American Gangster, Assassination of Jesse James, 40 Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up...

I checked 4 days ago, and all HD movies priced at 19.99. I will have to check tomorrow to see if this has changed..

Superfox wanna make a sick dude happy? I've been looking for Transformers and Shaun for cheap. If they do have them I'm sure we could work something out.

Let me know if the Moscow Hastings has any. I was at the Lewiston Hastings a few days ago and there was a bin of HD-DVDs for $16.99, but someone there inferred that they would be dropping soon.

[quote name='bzchanboy']Superfox wanna make a sick dude happy? I've been looking for Transformers and Shaun for cheap. If they do have them I'm sure we could work something out.[/quote]

Shaun of the Dead was still at full price, so not sure what the cost would be...am planning on stopping by this afternoon to assess the sale/clearance situation at the Ames, IA Hastings.

Only the $16.99 bin @ my Hastings (Saint Joe, Mo) with Goodfellas, Rattle & Hum, Swordfish, Payback, Italian Job, TMNT, Zodiac and a few others.

I did pick up The Big Lebowski for $13.99 just to make it worth my time and trouble of going into the store.

[quote name='markingsmart']Only the $16.99 bin @ my Hastings (Saint Joe, Mo) with Goodfellas, Rattle & Hum, Swordfish, Payback, Italian Job, TMNT, Zodiac and a few others.

I did pick up The Big Lebowski for $13.99 just to make it worth my time and trouble of going into the store.[/quote]

Good to know; I'm in StJoe, Mo also.

[quote name='kube00']Any word on the Mosccow ID hastings?[/quote]

Fellow Pullman CAGer! I didn't come across any bins with HD-DVD's in it, nor did I get a chance to ask any associates because the only two girls that work there were too busy with other customers. I did notice that a good deal of the used HD-DVD's were 12.99, which isn't too bad. I'll probably head back tomorrow and pick some up.

at my hasting's certain titles were 16.99. mine had a very large hd-dvd selection though, so the majority were still priced as marked.

i asked a worker, and he said that eventually they'd probably all get clearanced out, so i'm going to keep an eye out.

transformers was one of the 16.99 titles, but i figured i would either be able to get it cheaper down the line, or end up getting a blu-ray reissue.

Update: The Ames, IA Hastings is still at $16.99, with TMNT, Transformers, The Shining, Blood Diamond, Flags of Our Fathers, Shrek the Third, The Italian Job, Battle of the Bulge, the Harry Potter movies, Anchorman, Old School, Superman: The Movie, Hot Rod, Sleepy Hollow, 2001 - A Space Odyssey...can't remember any others.

If they have Troy: Director's Cut I would be willing to trade you for either Live Arcade Unplugged (sealed) for the 360 or Metroid: Zero Mission for the GBA (also sealed).

Hmmm... aren't Hastings clearances YMMV?? I've rarely seen the Hastings in Auburn have similar clearances as other deal posts, outside of advertised deals in their sales ad. For $10, I'd have to make a drive.

[quote name='thelonepig']$16.99 for Logan, UT Hastings as well.[/QUOTE]

Wish I'd seen this post before wasting gas to personally check.

[quote name='TubeRacer']Wish I'd seen this post before wasting gas to personally check.[/quote]

What part of the valley are you from?

[quote name='thelonepig']What part of the valley are you from?[/QUOTE]

Currently in Logan, going to USU. But it's still like $1.50 of gas to make a trip over to Hastings and back, and I'm pretty cheap, heh.

[quote name='TubeRacer']Currently in Logan, going to USU. But it's still like $1.50 of gas to make a trip over to Hastings and back, and I'm pretty cheap, heh.[/quote]

I'd like to say it's nice to have a fellow CAG in the area, but that also means I've got competition. :D

the moscow hastings now has a end cap by the checkout with a few hd dvd for 16.99 new and used

Still 16.99 here in McMinnville, TN as of Saturday 3/8/08. I'll have to check back and see if anything has changed.

Even though many of the rental copies have disappeared, I haven't seen a used or clearance rental copy area that has these. The 16.99's appear to only be new copies. Not a bad price, but our selection is not the greatest. (Shrek 3, Superman The Movie, Italian Job, Transformers, and a few others).

bread's done
Back