All In-Store Walmart Deals go HERE. The official YMMV Walmart clearance thread.

sp00ge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
149 (100%)
Given the extreme YMMV nature of Walmart deals/clearances, it makes absolutely no sense to make a new thread every time someone finds a new deal at their local Walmart. So, if you happen to find a good deal, save the forum some clutter and post in this thread.

Please include the store location (City, state, etc), as well as the item and price.

Last edited by a moderator:
:360: Eternal Sonata $20

Found it at a Wal-Mart in St. Louis (South County area), MO. I know there have been better prices for this game, but it's rare to find it this cheap without buying online, if you can find it at all.

Went to my local Walmart tonight and saw they had greatly expanded the clearance game selection - still had the endcap full of $10 titles, but had added a LOT of new stuff plus added a 4-foot section with actual permanent-looking "clearance" signage. Appeared to be rearranging the whole game section. Here are some of the titles I can remember, all $10.00:

Xbox 360:
Fracture
WWE 2007, 2008
Soldier of Fortune
Madden 2007, 2008
Sega Rally
Stranglehold
NCAA Football 2007, 2008
March Madness 2008
Facebreaker
Mass Effect

PS3:
NCAA Football 2008
Madden 2008
WWE 2008
March Madness 2008
NBA 08
MLB the Show 07

PSP:
MLB the Show 08
NBA 08

DS:
Line Rider
Napoleon Dynamite

Plus a few dozen assorted PS2 titles, sorry I can't remember which ones.

Walmart in Indiana, PA

Xbox 360 Games for $10
Smash Court Tennis 3
Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Naruto: Rise of a Ninja
Golden Compass

[quote name='Chris60319']Went to my local Walmart tonight and saw they had greatly expanded the clearance game selection - still had the endcap full of $10 titles, but had added a LOT of new stuff plus added a 4-foot section with actual permanent-looking "clearance" signage. Appeared to be rearranging the whole game section. Here are some of the titles I can remember, all $10.00:

Xbox 360:
Fracture
WWE 2007, 2008
Soldier of Fortune
Madden 2007, 2008
Sega Rally
Stranglehold
NCAA Football 2007, 2008
March Madness 2008
Facebreaker
Mass Effect

PS3:
NCAA Football 2008
Madden 2008
WWE 2008
March Madness 2008
NBA 08
MLB the Show 07

PSP:
MLB the Show 08
NBA 08

DS:
Line Rider
Napoleon Dynamite

Plus a few dozen assorted PS2 titles, sorry I can't remember which ones.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering if these prices are store-wide. The Wal-Mart near me never has a clearance section, yet Line Rider DS was on the regular shelf with a $10 price tag in front of it :whistle2:k

[quote name='Josef']I'm wondering if these prices are store-wide. The Wal-Mart near me never has a clearance section, yet Line Rider DS was on the regular shelf with a $10 price tag in front of it :whistle2:k[/quote]

All Walmart prices are YMMV, price drops have to be done manually so even if it price dropped in a district the department manager can decide to skip it.

Found PS3 Dark Sector and 360 Rockstar Table Tennis for $10. Lots of stuff at the locaton on shawline in san diego. Mainly PS2/Sports games though.

[quote name='raarar']Found PS3 Dark Sector and 360 Rockstar Table Tennis for $10. Lots of stuff at the locaton on shawline in san diego. Mainly PS2/Sports games though.[/quote]
Yeah thats pretty much all i saw was PS2 stuff.
1x1t.gif

Westport Rd. In Louisville KY.

I bought

Wii:
No More Heroes- $20

DS:
Hotel Dusk- $20

and then at the Hurstborne one I saw Dark Sector for 10$

[quote name='Mako1215']Westport Rd. In Louisville KY.

I bought

Wii:
No More Heroes- $20

DS:
Hotel Dusk- $20
[/QUOTE]

Sorry to break it to you, but both of those games are cheaper now on amazon.

[quote name='ets']All Walmart prices are YMMV, price drops have to be done manually so even if it price dropped in a district the department manager can decide to skip it.[/QUOTE]

So wrong.

Home office price cjanges CAN NOT be "skipped". These drops to $10 is part of a corporate wide game clearance event.

[quote name='scottman']Sorry to break it to you, but both of those games are cheaper now on amazon.[/quote]

Thanks!
Glad I didn't open them.

our walmart has the $1o endcap but it's all 07 sports crap for ps3/360.. and the ds games were all junk.. did see a 360 rockband 1 drum kit for $29.95, didn't know if that was regular price or not though

I work in electronics for a walmart, walmart very rarely clearances games, the lowest they usually go is 20 bucks, home office sends down the price change, but more than likely we end up sitting on it till it sells, movies on the other hand wont clearance. Once there taken off modular we can send them back to the manufacture, and they will re distribute to other walmarts, best buys, etc, but games that are clearance will usually be done at the store level, depends on how bad a store wants to get rid of it. Now this new 10 dollar endcap is im guessing games that got stuck at warehouse somewhere, because some of the games that are coming in for that are pretty ancient. The only email i saw was, it was to allow stores to get rid of old games, and is up till march 31st, after that i dint know what goes there.

The Walmart on Eastern next to the Airport in Las Vegas has these clearanced at $10:

Wii
Zack & Wiki (4-5 copies)

Prey (3-4 copies)

PS2
Madden 08 (a lot)

I don't remember the other games but most were PS2. I picked up a copy of Zack & Wiki and also the last copies of DDR Supernova (PS2) and Popcap Arcade vol. 1 (360)

Picked up the Rockband AC/DC Fan Pack for $20 and Scene It Bundle for $20 (they also had the Scene It BOS bundle for that price but someone had em all) at my local WM.

Like the title says I was browsing around a walmart in windsor, CA and I noticed a bunch of these there.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/sonic51489/1235448627.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/sonic51489/1235448626.jpg

From what I remember the Fan pack includes the AC/DC Rock Band track pack, a T-Shirt and a DVD.

Edit: Forgot to mention that this is for the PS3 and xbox 360

Edit2: FYI, for anyone curious: It's not jut a track pack; It has the full RB engine/interface and can play all the tracks without the original game (at lest I can confirm the 360 version can). Thanks h3llbring3r

Last edited by a moderator:
fuck, thanks for the heads up. I've been wanting this. The DVD is a concert from Spain which is pretty good, and the shirt is pretty sharp has the black ice logo on it from their recent cd.. and the black ice cd is pretty f'n good too

Most likely YMMV, as these have been 29.88 at mine for months. That's a clearance tag, and we know how walmart clearances go.

I wish I had the SKU for you, but I don't. Try amazon, I think it's listed up there. I didn't know this was even released for PS3...I've only seen it at WalMart and only the Wii version. Definitely will pick it up for $20 for PS3.

FYI, for anyone curious: It's not jut a track pack; It has the full RB engine/interface and can play all the tracks without the original game (at lest I can confirm the 360 version can). I picked it up for $29 watched the DVD, then sold it and the T-shirt breaking even. Then I kept the game.

The even $20.00 price indicates a clearance item, which likely means YMMV. Which also means my local WM will not have it for $20 as they NEVER do any of these game clearances.

Now thats a price i can handle. I myself have never seen these at my walmarts, but will check it out after work tomorrow just to be sure.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']FYI, for anyone curious: It's not jut a track pack; It has the full RB engine/interface and can play all the tracks without the original game (at lest I can confirm the 360 version can). I picked it up for $29 watched the DVD, then sold it and the T-shirt breaking even. Then I kept the game.[/quote]

All Rock Band "track packs" are standalone discs that do not require the original game.

One major point about these track packs is that they do not support online play (PS3/360) and character creation and band world tour are also gone. The game is as bare bones as it gets. You can do local multiplayer, but don't rely on this being your gateway to RB. This really is more of a track pack than a game.

For everyone saying to beware this is just a track pack you CAN use a code to download the tracks to your regular Rockband or Rockband 2 game essentially making them able to play online.

[quote name='Shady3011']Keep in mind that's only for the PS3 and 360 version.[/quote]

Actually, its YMMV, these must not have sold this great on Black Friday, so if you are lucky you may find it for any platform cheap.

[quote name='chuckywang']All Rock Band "track packs" are standalone discs that do not require the original game.[/quote]
Thanks, I did not know that. Other than this one, I have only DL'ed music via the store.

Largo, FL store only has Wii ones left, and STILL marked down to #29.98 since the week after Christmas.

On another note, all their Clearances have SUCKED lately. In January they had their clearance with the price tags stating "01/19/09 - 02/01/09". So I assumed they would lower their prices on the first.

Wrong. Same crappy 10%-20% as it was in January.

I'm going to have to check my WM, but they rarely put anything good like this on clearance. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

never even saw these at any WM around me, but i bought the disc when it first came out so i could download the tracks, then sold the disc for $25.

I bought this, used the code and sold the game on craigslist. I came out with the songs I could use with rock band 2 for free because the guy paid the same amount to me for just the game itself.

bread's done
Back