All In-Store Walmart Deals go HERE. The official YMMV Walmart clearance thread.

sp00ge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
149 (100%)
Given the extreme YMMV nature of Walmart deals/clearances, it makes absolutely no sense to make a new thread every time someone finds a new deal at their local Walmart. So, if you happen to find a good deal, save the forum some clutter and post in this thread.

Please include the store location (City, state, etc), as well as the item and price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw these yesterday at one of my local WM in Tarentum, Pa all for the DS

Rhythm Heaven - $15
The Legendary Starfy - $15
Fossil Fighters - $15

Picked up Rhythm Heaven as I've been looking for a good price. I'd have gotten Starfy as well but alas I already had it. I think they are universal drops to.

Starfy was $15 at my walmart as well...shouldve picked it up I guess. My wm had DJ Hero bundles for $69 or $79 (I forget). Either way too much considering kmart'll have it for $40 this week.

Official Sony PSP Go accessories at the Kingstowne (Alexandria, VA) store:

soft case - $11.00
hard case - $10.00
USB cable - $11.00 (I think this is included with the system though)
cradle - $25.00 ($19.99 on Amazon)

[quote name='dashrendar']Saw two Xbox 360 HD DVD drives for $49.00 tonight, can't remember the last time I saw those in a store.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...it's a shame.

One of the Wal-Mart stores near me has had four of them for years now (not an exageration unless they have a back room full of them AND people keep buying them at $49 a pop.......which is not likely.)

Funny thing is, I wouldn't mind buying one ....IF.... they drop to $20 or $25 each. I'm not a fan of burning out the disk drives on my game systems by watching movies, and this add-on is the perfect fit for that need. Upconverts DVD movies. Plays HD-DVDs which you can find very cheap if there is a specific title you are looking for that was released in that format. It is a good add-on to have for the right price....but not for $49.

[quote name='pluginbaby121']Saw these yesterday at one of my local WM in Tarentum, Pa all for the DS

Rhythm Heaven - $15
The Legendary Starfy - $15
Fossil Fighters - $15

Picked up Rhythm Heaven as I've been looking for a good price. I'd have gotten Starfy as well but alas I already had it. I think they are universal drops to.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm these DS prices. I picked up The Legendary Starfy and Fossil Fighters. Hey, is Fossil Fighters any good?

Also, I saw :ds: Personal Trainer: Cooking $10

Ha ha Saw those damn DS Headsets again for $1.00... This store seems to get waves of them randomly and they clearance them right away in the $.1.00 and less range..

was in my walmart today and saw these deals...YMMV

left 4 dead 2 & Dragon Age Origins = $14.24
Assassin's Creed 2 & lost planet 2 = $18.98
UFC 2010 & Split/Second = $28.98

[quote name='Megaman016']was in my walmart today and saw these deals...YMMV

UFC 2010 & Split/Second = $28.98[/QUOTE]

LFD2 for $14.24????? whoa....gotta check my walmart...thanks for the heads up.....

When you guys see these prices are they in the glass case or are they on those racks? I never even bother looking in the glass case but never see the great stuff everyone else seems to find so now I'm starting to wonder where they are.

[quote name='converse']When you guys see these prices are they in the glass case or are they on those racks? I never even bother looking in the glass case but never see the great stuff everyone else seems to find so now I'm starting to wonder where they are.[/QUOTE]

it all depends if your local walmart employees are doing there job, at different walmarts they have them priced at 19.99, then i take the game to the scanner and its 15.xx or whatever....new/popular releases are in the glass cases.....old/bad games are in $20 rack at the end of the aisle

plus walmart is YMMV....

Was in a local Wal-Mart today... was browsing through their Xbox 360 games in the case. Saw a copy of Mass Effect 2 for $40.

Did I mention it was the Collector's Edition?

The Wal-Mart employee said and I quote "Holy S*@& that's still here? $40!?? Daaaaaamn"

It was a good afternoon :D

I do not believe these prices..I run a WM electronics dept. and those are not even pricepoints that the company uses.. .88, .99, .96, or .98 or even dollar amounts..Been here 5 years and have never seen any different..Not calling you a liar..Just saying it doesnt sound right. Also..price drops are 99.9% company wide on any game that is on the current modularized titles..all of those titles are on mod at this point (just set it Tuesday myself).. Usually the games you see drop low are backstocked games or value titles (endcap).

Wow. Left4Dead 2 and Dragon Age are under $15, but craptastic games are still $30+.

Don't have a 360 anymore, but I'd have to buy them on principle. :D

[quote name='elmasri']just got just dance(wii) for 10 bucks at my local store in LA.[/QUOTE]

What's funny here is that Amazon is offering $20 trade-in on this game last I looked. Did they have more? hahahah

Um yes, I'll take 50 copies please. :)

[quote name='tiddled06']I do not believe these prices..I run a WM electronics dept. and those are not even pricepoints that the company uses.. .88, .99, .96, or .98 or even dollar amounts..Been here 5 years and have never seen any different..Not calling you a liar..Just saying it doesnt sound right. Also..price drops are 99.9% company wide on any game that is on the current modularized titles..all of those titles are on mod at this point (just set it Tuesday myself).. Usually the games you see drop low are backstocked games or value titles (endcap).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Megaman016']for all the non believers here are photos I took today. I was a penny off in what I said but thats nothing major. Also Alan Wake is 18.99 there as well http://img835.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=0811001135.jpg
[/QUOTE]

ive also seen $xx.24, and other "price points" on various clearance/lower prices at walmart.....its look weird because you usually dont see $xx.24 or whatever...

[quote name='tiddled06']I do not believe these prices..I run a WM electronics dept. and those are not even pricepoints that the company uses.. .88, .99, .96, or .98 or even dollar amounts..Been here 5 years and have never seen any different..Not calling you a liar..Just saying it doesnt sound right. Also..price drops are 99.9% company wide on any game that is on the current modularized titles..all of those titles are on mod at this point (just set it Tuesday myself).. Usually the games you see drop low are backstocked games or value titles (endcap).[/QUOTE]

Do you know if the price endings signify anything? I have heard that Wal-Mart does the weird endings to give the apperance they are cutting every penny they can off the price. While I don't doubt that that's the main reason, I can't help but think that the price ending also has something to do with whether the item is on clearance or not and whether it has the potential to drop again or not. I have noticed at my local Wal-Mart that if the price ends in .00, it will not drop any further.

I dont know if this is correct but I have noticed most clearance stuff at Satan mart is a flat number.. I have a store with a few clearance end caps and everything for example is $15.00, $2.00 you get my point.

Which Walmart?

[quote name='slowdive21']Unless wal mart has changed in the last 10 years...

.00 is a manual markdown at the store level.[/QUOTE]

I kinda figured the double zeros were likely some kind of final markdown - was really more curious as to whether the .82, .96, etc. price endings held any kind of significance in regard to whether there will be any further markdowns on those items since that is the way some other stores seem to work things.

Damn, just checked a local Wal Mart for the Mass Effect Collector's Edition, they had one but it was at full price $70, they said they wouldn't honor the $40 online price.

I'm on the east coast. I think they did it to beat Best buy's deal where you if you bought either of those games with Madden they were half price....except I didn't have to purchase Madden I just flat out bought Assassin's Creed 2 for 18.99

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Damn, just checked a local Wal Mart for the Mass Effect Collector's Edition, they had one but it was at full price $70, they said they wouldn't honor the $40 online price.[/QUOTE]
I checked one out of two stores that say they have it in stock. The store I visited was a complete and utter mess, and I didn't go through the trouble (other than to look thoroughly everywhere) to ask, because of its obscure cover.

I plan to check the other store tomorrow.

$40 is sort of the price that I'd say is worth checking for, but at the same time, not something I'd gripe over if I'm unable to find a copy.

Supreme Commander 2 is $29.99 on the xbox 360.

Now if I can only find a new copy of the force unleashed sith edition for the 360

does anyone know why the video games sections has been cleared out??? this is about 3rd time in about 2 months that the 360 games are empty....restocking?? recounting?? people are stealing the games???

checked LFD2 and it was at $40

I scoured my entire city for a copy of Blood Money today and came up with nothing, but especially not L4D2 or Dragon Age for $14.24, either one of which I would have punched an old lady for. For whatever reason, at my Walmart both L4D and L4D2 were both $29.99. I'm fairly tempted to drive the 20 minutes to the other one, but I know there won't be anything worth the trip.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Damn, just checked a local Wal Mart for the Mass Effect Collector's Edition, they had one but it was at full price $70, they said they wouldn't honor the $40 online price.[/QUOTE]
The same thing with me.

Can't you do an in-store pickup at that location and get it at that price?

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Can't you do an in-store pickup at that location and get it at that price?[/QUOTE]
The problem is, they're sold out online. And Walmart doesn't price match their online price.

edit: Is anyone aware of any Mass Effect 2 recall? The cashier who helped me out said the were recalled. I wasn't sure what he meant, other than they no longer sell them at that store--which struck me as weird because they still sell the collector's edition.

There has been a copy of Sega Soccer Slam (Original Xbox) at my local Wal Mart selling for $49.99 going on 3 years now. Like a few others have also said, I have never seen a remotely good rollback or video game deal at my Wal Mart...ever.

When I checked my Walmart, they had about 20 copies of Tiger Woods 07 on 360 for $30 each, found Need for speed underground and Brutal Legend without price tags, but they ended up being $20 each, ugh. I wish they had Dragon Age for $15 or I could find someone to trade me the normal PS3 version for my 360 CE.

[quote name='aleraiders']ive also seen $xx.24, and other "price points" on various clearance/lower prices at walmart.....its look weird because you usually dont see $xx.24 or whatever...[/QUOTE]

looks to me like a price match of some kind. sometimes it will automatically lower the PM, as long as it doesnt go below cost.

also, is it weird that i got star ocean the last hope (360) for $20 bucks but the used version is 30 at walmart.com? its also pretty damn expensive everywhere else too, something im missing?

[quote name='ritchardf']looks to me like a price match of some kind. sometimes it will automatically lower the PM, as long as it doesnt go below cost.

also, is it weird that i got star ocean the last hope (360) for $20 bucks but the used version is 30 at walmart.com? its also pretty damn expensive everywhere else too, something im missing?[/QUOTE]

No it's not weird that it's more online. Like most stores in store price will be different then the online price, like gamestop for example they will usually have a sale on a new game and the used game price will be the same.

Found Need for Speed Undercover (360) for $7 last night in Hudson,NH. Have 3 Walmarts near me and they all suck for deals. Was surprised to see something less than $20.

bread's done
Back