All Powered Up's $5 Amazon.com giftcard winner is... EeveeFanboy!

KillerQueen87

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
UPDATE: Winner is EeveeFanboy! Check your inbox! Thanks to everyone that commented/followed, and hopefully some of you continue to read. Should I do another contest in the future, I'll be sure to let you guys know.

-------------

I'll add another $5 giftcard if I reach 50 total entries (entries, not individual people) in the contest before it ends tonight! Didn't quite get there.

Hey guys,

At the start of this year I started up a gaming blog called All Powered Up to chronicle my ever changing thoughts and playing habits on gaming, because, hey, us girl gamers need to be represented. We exist! So in honor of me finally getting rid of one of the default Blogger templates as the layout and buying a domain name, I'm holding a contest just for you fine people! I'm in need of regular readers as, you know, motivation to keep writing.

So here be the rules and regulations!

1. The Prize: One (1) Amazon.com gift card with a value of $5.00 USD.
  2. Contest Duration: I will total up the number of entries each person gets on Friday, September 2nd at about 9:00PM EST Saturday, September 3rd at 9:00PM Eastern Standard Time When I post here that entries are closed, THEY'RE CLOSED!
  3. Picking the winner: Each entry is assigned a number, then I'll go to random.org to generate a random number. Winner will be posted here and contacted via PM.
  4. How to Enter: Very simple, three ways to enter, max of five (5) entries a person. Here's how:
    • Go to All Powered Up and leave a relevant comment to one of my posts. That means something like "I'm trying out some things in VVVVVV's level editor as well..." instead of "hi i want gc please k thnx bye."
    • Follow the blog using Google Friend Connect (on the right side bar, after the twitter updates and steam tag.)
    • Follow @allpoweredup on Twitter.
    • Post in this thread with your blog/Google/Twitter username and your total number of entries (which I will then verify).
    • Strictly five entries per person, no more! So while one person may leave 20 separate comments and one other person may post three comments, follow on Google FC, and follow on Twitter, they each get five entries. (Though you can leave as many comments as you want! :D)
  5. Limitations: To prevent from people creating multiple accounts to get more entries, and to keep it only open to people already members of CAG, your join date MUST be July 2011 or earlier. Sorry to existing members who joined earlier this month, but that makes it easier on me. Also, keep in mind the prize is a $5.00 Amazon.COM gift card, not .ca, .co.uk, etc.
Confused? Here's a sample entry:

I have five entries in the contest.
I posted three comments on "Five Games that Made Me Curse the Television," "The Hunt for Shiny Golden Bacon," and "Going Camping Part 1" with the username LaZ00L1.
I followed the blog on Google under LaZ00L1 as well.
I followed you on twitter with the username shinygoldenbacon.
Thanks for entering! And if you have a gaming blog as well, post the link here for me and I'll check it out!

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted three comments on "Da Vinci deNied a Hug from Da Firenzi", "Gateway Drug", and "Tweet20 - July 2011" with the username Gram.
I followed the blog as Grant L.
I followed on Twitter as Gram_Cracker.

Thanks for the contest!

I left one comment so far on the Late to the Party entry with the username Mastastic. Will it be okay for me to update this post as I write more comments? A tad strapped for time at the moment...

I left a comment on "Making Metroid V," "The Gateway Drug (Going Camping Part 2)," and "Late to the Party."
I followed the blog as Lauren Justice.
I followed on Twitter as ashleyj1988.

Thank you for the contest!

[quote name='Mastastic']Will it be okay for me to update this post as I write more comments? A tad strapped for time at the moment...[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's totally fine. You'll have until the end of the contest to get the other four entries. I'll be writing up another post for today.

EDIT: OK, so I see people are following on Twitter, yet aren't making a post in this thread letting me know what your CAG name is. So unless your CAG and Twitter usernames are the same, I won't know who you are or even if you're a CAG member!

I posted three comments on "The War Against GameStop*," "Recent Developments in 140 Characters or Less," and "Nintendo DS: 3D Edition" with the username ioweyouone.
I followed the blog on Google under the username Akamu.
I followed you on twitter with the username adambryanx.

P.S. It's refreshing to hear a girl gamer who plays beyond Halo and COD Zombies (not that there's anything wrong with that :p). It just seems like you're really passionate about it, which is awesome! :)

Posted a couple comments. I don't do the whole twitter/whatever the heck that google thing is. I am also resisting the urge to post a bunch of comments just because or go back and comment on stories that are four months old... so post some more interesting stuff before September 2nd. :)

Got up to my 5 posts. Quality blog.

Posted 4 times as Jonathan S. in The War Against Gamestop, What You Remember, Da Vinci deNied, and Making Metroid V

Edit: I totally know I posted on the Gamestop blog. Where did it go?

I have one entry in the contest
I followed you on twitter with the username *removed*

1. Left a comment on the Gamestop article under RAY16
2. Followed on Twitter under @NeoHumanity
3. Followed on Google Friend Connect under RAY16

Thanks for the opportunity, OP.

[quote name='EeveeFanboy']
Edit: I totally know I posted on the Gamestop blog. Where did it go?[/QUOTE]

You did, but for whatever reason it showed up in the spam filter. It's there now. ;)

Extended it for an additional day as I won't be near a computer at the original end time and it will give me a chance to finish up another blog post. THEN I'll be a good blogger and respond to the comments. :bouncy:

I have three entries
Posted a comment on "The War Against Gamestop" as stealth1290
Followed on twitter username: egoods
Following the blog as stealth1290

I have two entries.
I posted a comment on Tweet20 -August 2011 under the username Bitt3r.
I followed you on twitter with the username Gatsuuga.

Appreciate the contest.

I have four entries
1.Twitter-LordofAwesome6
2.Comment-"Making Metroid V" as LOA126
3.Comment-"Tweet20 - August 2011" as LOA126
4.Comment-"Da Vinci deNied a Hug from da Fiernze" as LOA126

Thanks for the oppertunity

Woohoo, got another post out concerning the seemingly increasing number of reboots: http://www.all-powered-up.com/2011/09/reboot-pandemic.html

Up to 41 entries in the contest, I'll throw in another giftcard to pull if I can get nine more. I'm loving some of the comments I'm seeing on the posts, so I definitely need to reply to them - after I eat dinner of course!

Thanks guys! Even if I retain one of you as a reader that'll make me pleased. :whistle2:D

CONTEST OVER

And the winner is, with help from Random.org:
14sh5dw.gif

EeveeFanboy! Sending you a PM in just a moment.

And everyone else, thanks for commenting and following. Sorry the list randomizer didn't work for you, but perhaps I'll do another contest in the future. You're in no way obligated to continue reading my blog, but it sure would be nice. :D

[quote name='KillerQueen87']CONTEST OVER

Tallying up, assigning numbers, look for update to this post![/QUOTE]

My fingers remain firmly crossed, but you gained at least one reader (me!) regardless.

bread's done
Back