All Pro Football 2K8 (PS3) - $10 at Amazon

At $10 you can almost forget this game sucks! Although I'm sure there's some who liked it, but it seems like this is the game that's had the biggest "here, take this" attitude come from retailers.

Looks like it's back to 19.99. My local Wal-Mart has a bin of assorted, cheaper games. There must be 10-15 copies of APF for 19.99. I'm hoping they lower the price on the 360 version.

this game makes me lose faith in 2k this game is the worst thing ever. they should pay you for playing this shitty ass game

I despise American football. I picked this up from BB when it was under $10. I thought it was a new, cheap game that might help me like the game (I'm dating a girl who kind of enjoys football). Well, either I am retarded, or the passing in the game sucks. I can't complete a single pass. I'm willing to wager it's a little of both. Maybe more that I'm retarded than the game sucks. ;)

Picked this up for 360 a while back and I agree that it's a pretty good game. I tried out NCAA 2008 and Madden 2008 and I like the gameplay and certain elements of the presentation in this game better. There are some things that could have been done better, but for $10 you can't really go wrong.

Of course, if you're a die-hard Madden fan (like some nut off Madden Nation), you'll hate this ;)

[quote name='MorPhiend']I despise American football. I picked this up from BB when it was under $10. I thought it was a new, cheap game that might help me like the game (I'm dating a girl who kind of enjoys football). Well, either I am retarded, or the passing in the game sucks. I can't complete a single pass. I'm willing to wager it's a little of both. Maybe more that I'm retarded than the game sucks. ;)[/quote]

dont try madden 08. that game will frustrate you when you pass

[quote name='MorPhiend']I despise American football. I picked this up from BB when it was under $10. I thought it was a new, cheap game that might help me like the game (I'm dating a girl who kind of enjoys football). Well, either I am retarded, or the passing in the game sucks. I can't complete a single pass. I'm willing to wager it's a little of both. Maybe more that I'm retarded than the game sucks. ;)[/quote]

Are you 'fading away' when you throw? The most common thing I think people have problems with is staying in the pocket and throwing a good throw. A lot of beginners, me included, are running away from the line and then try a throw, so they are holding the left stick towards them.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']Still has the best gameplay of any football game since 2k5[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought the 2K football games were supposed to be the best? This seems like a steal if you like football and don't own this yet.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yeah, I thought the 2K football games were supposed to be the best? This seems like a steal if you like football and don't own this yet.[/quote]

I'm a member of another forum for mostly sports games. A lot of the guys over there swear by AP2k8 gameplaywise. I've still yet to make the jump.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']Still has the best gameplay of any football game since 2k5[/quote]

Agreed! i bought it for $10 from BB when they had it on sale. I have enjoyed it very much, i play it at least 3 times a week. Being able to play walter payton is worth it alone! If i would have payed more i still would have enjoyed it. Personally i like the game better than madden.

My Target has a stack of these clearanced for $7.48. Some people here seem to have good things to say, so for that price I can give it a shot.

I played it through a season and I liked it. The graphics could have been better, but the gameplay is solid. I enjoyed the concept of creating your own team using some of the greatest players to ever play the game. I feel bad for anyone that paid $59.99 for this game because it isn't worth it. But if you can pick this up for $10 or less it is worth playing.

[quote name='srad1968']I played it through a season and I liked it. The graphics could have been better, but the gameplay is solid. I enjoyed the concept of creating your own team using some of the greatest players to ever play the game. I feel bad for anyone that paid $59.99 for this game because it isn't worth it. But if you can pick this up for $10 or less it is worth playing.[/QUOTE]

I paid 59.99 for it when it first came out, and dont regret it it all. In fact, I still have it.

Those who know anything about pro football know that this is by far the best-playing simulation of the sport to date.

However, it's worth noting that the PS3 version only runs at 30 FPS and has horrible motion-sensor controls (don't know if you can turn them off or not); also, the PS3 online lobbies are pretty much a ghost town.

The 360 version, on the other hand, runs at 60 FPS, has great controls, and a thriving online community.

I bought the 360 version the day it came out for $60, and it has become my most played game on the system.

EASILY worth the $10 it's going for these days.

[quote name='Hockey37']My Target has a stack of these clearanced for $7.48. Some people here seem to have good things to say, so for that price I can give it a shot.[/quote]

crapload at Target here in San Antonio too

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yeah, has anyone seen the 360 version on clearance anywhere? I could use a good football game. I had Madden on the PS3 for awhile, but meh...[/quote]

$19.99 @ Amazon, best price atm...I highly reccomend this game to anyone on the fence about it. I own it and its plays great, gameplay is much better then madden. If you join the right online leagues as well you can have fun in NFL sim leagues or just leagues with your historic team.

http://www.amazon.com/2K-Sports-All-Pro-Football/dp/B000NIJ36G

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yeah, has anyone seen the 360 version on clearance anywhere? I could use a good football game. I had Madden on the PS3 for awhile, but meh...[/quote]

$17.99 used at GS/EB, don't forget if you hate it you can return it if you buy it used.

[quote name='seen']$19.99 @ Amazon, best price atm...I highly reccomend this game to anyone on the fence about it. I own it and its plays great, gameplay is much better then madden. If you join the right online leagues as well you can have fun in NFL sim leagues or just leagues with your historic team.

[/QUOTE]

The hard part is finding those leagues though.

I bought this at best buy for 10 a few weeks ago, and I think it's a great game. It's certainly worth $10 for anyone even remotely interested in Football games. It plays very well.

Yea, I got for less than 10 at BB for the 360, better than Madden 07-08. Not bad but not great either. Has there been a decent football game in the past 2 years? It's worth about 10, especially if you don' have a FB game.

[quote name='bstan21']Are you 'fading away' when you throw? The most common thing I think people have problems with is staying in the pocket and throwing a good throw. A lot of beginners, me included, are running away from the line and then try a throw, so they are holding the left stick towards them.[/quote]hmmm... Maybe I will try that. Thanks for the advice. :)

bread's done
Back