All PS1 Games Playable Via Remote Play (if you own the disc)

Is this something where you have to be really close to your system to do it, or could I be on the other side of town doing it over WiFi? I'm not really sure how the PSP/PS3 interface works

Holy shit. This is freaking awesome. It's a peg below Sony letting us dump our own PSX games onto memory sticks but if it works well (haven't tested it yet), it's nearly as good.

So, if I understand this correctly.. You're not actually loading the game onto the PSP but, instead, you're just using the the PSP's controls and screen to play the PS1 game.

It's kind of cool - would be nicer if I could copy the PS1 games to the PS3's drive and then download them to the PSP for travel.

Using this current method, if I understand it correctly, it basically means I can play a PS1 game if I'm near enough to the PS3 to put it in (kind of a: Yeah it's cool, but I'm already there so why not just play it on the PS3?)

I'm going to try it tonight. I'm still lost on the whole point of the Remote Play stuff as, while it seems neat to have it (technically), it seems like it's use is limited (practically).

The benefit for me will come solely from laying in my bed, on the other side of the house, playing Rage Racer. At the moment my PS3 is downloading the 2.10 update so I haven't gotten to do anything yet.

ok i have been playing final fantasy 7 on and off all day VIA the web to my PS3 which is connected wireless in my bedroom ... there were times where it was really choppy but others where it just blew me away that i was doing what i was doing .. i am on my way to my local gamecrazy to stir up a revival party for the ps1 this feature really hit home for me.

[quote name='DQT']The save files stay on the PS3 when you do this right?[/QUOTE]

yeah its all done on the PS3.

That is pretty darn innovative. Who would have thought 5 years ago Sony would outdo Nintendo in console to handheld connectivity?

And Sony has tempted me to go hunt down some PS1 games.
This means its finally time to play Final Fantasy 7!
Just imagine when it (hopefully) gets into PS2 games, that would be INCREDIBLE.

I did some experimenting and this works pretty well. There's some lag but for RPGs or Strategy games, the setup is ideal.

Not really. At one point I checked and it said I was connected at 100% so I figured that's about as good as it'll get. I'll have to try it again later and see if I can get better results.

At this point, my feeling is that it's free and it's something I didn't have yesterday so I can't complain too much.

This is pretty awesome. I intend to eventually get a PS3, but I am one of them people whom feel like there aren't enough games for me to purchase one. If they keep adding some more PS3=>PSP features then I'll have to pick one up then :D

But seriously, that is really cool. I was having a good time today with my new fangled internet radio on my PSP. :applause:

[quote name='Halo05']Not really. At one point I checked and it said I was connected at 100% so I figured that's about as good as it'll get. I'll have to try it again later and see if I can get better results.

At this point, my feeling is that it's free and it's something I didn't have yesterday so I can't complain too much.[/quote]

If you're on the same network (at home) then you can crank up the video quality to and responsiveness.

If you do that it's like playing on the PS3.

If you're trying to play remotely (outside of your network) then you'll need to consider your upload speed through your broadband connection and adjust the settings accordingly.

Do I need to upgrade to 3.8 firmware to utilize remote play? my 3.71 is not working, says it needs a firmware update. damn.

If it does save on the PS3, that's almost better. I can copy my game saves from my PS1 memory cards onto the PS3, and then continue my games on the go. From the sound of it, if there is lag over wi-fi, something like Parappa or Um Jammer Lammy probably work out too well. I'm excited.

bread's done
Back