All PS2, Xbox, and GC games at zipzoomfly.com - $9.99 + Free Shipping

[quote name='ferant316']Might be worth picking up a Front Mission 4 to keep sealed, can think of very few Square games that don't end up with some kind of value after a few years if you keep them sealed.[/quote]

To be honest, I can't think of many (or any at all actually) Square games from the PS2 era that are worth more than their original MSRP right now.

Many have this mistaken belief that Square games are somehow always valuable and will rise in value over the years, but that was just due to FFVII and a handful of their PS1 releases.

Look at most of their PS2 games, from the popular (FFX, Kingdom Hearts), as well as less so (Unlimited Saga, Samurai Legend Musashi, etc). All can be found in black label versions for under $15 at Gamestop. Granted, they're used, but you can gauge the value of a sealed copy from that.

On that note, I predict Atlus to be the next Square in a way. Yeah their old releases were and still are rare and valuable, but it seems like the new ones are hardly as valuable, especially if not for their bonus gifts.

[quote name='kazunori']To be honest, I can't think of many (or any at all actually) Square games from the PS2 era that are worth more than their original MSRP right now.

Many have this mistaken belief that Square games are somehow always valuable and will rise in value over the years, but that was just due to FFVII and a handful of their PS1 releases.

Look at most of their PS2 games, from the popular (FFX, Kingdom Hearts), as well as less so (Unlimited Saga, Samurai Legend Musashi, etc). All can be found in black label versions for under $15 at Gamestop. Granted, they're used, but you can gauge the value of a sealed copy from that.

On that note, I predict Atlus to be the next Square in a way. Yeah their old releases were and still are rare and valuable, but it seems like the new ones are hardly as valuable, especially if not for their bonus gifts.[/quote]

PS2 era is still too recent for them to be worth anything. I could be completely wrong, but I predict 5-6 years when there aren't still sites/stores like this that have the games new that they could fetch a decent amount to collector's.

Look at FFVII, I picked up an extra of each black label version, and a greatest hits for about $2 each at the Gamestop clearance of PS1 games. I actually only got them to hang onto as spares (to go along with my existing 1st edition black label sealed and a 1st edition black label in mint cond.), because with the 15-20 copies in that bin I never dreamt it would be worth something.

Common games can end up rare and valuable, rare games can end up worth nothing. For $9.99 or less I'll pick up sealed black labels of Square or other games, and if they end up being worth something down the line great, if not they can join my collection of sealed games. I don't really buy games sealed to sell, but to collect and sometimes I sell off ones I don't need to hang onto if they're worth something. I know a few people do try to buy in order to sell, so through it out that in a couple years it could be worth something.

[quote name='ferant316']PS2 era is still too recent for them to be worth anything. I could be completely wrong, but I predict 5-6 years when there aren't still sites/stores like this that have the games new that they could fetch a decent amount to collector's.[/quote]

Well, in that case you could also argue that *any* good game that is kept sealed will become valuable and collectible in the years to come, as sooner or later retail stores will stop stocking games from more than 2 generations ago.

Even the Square PS1 games aren't as valuable as many think. Personally I define valuable as being worth more than its original retail price, and I can only think of a handful of Square games that fulfill that criteria - FFVII, FFVIII, and one or two others.

Most of the rest, unless sealed, go for about the same or usually less than their original MSRP. The likes of Parasite Eve, Front Mission 3, Xenogears, etc.
Of course the sealed ones would likely fetch three digit prices, but that's a hard market to deal in (both collecting that many just to sell and profit, and finding sellers who would be willing to pay that much).

I wouldn't bother with all that personally, as it's too much trouble and speculation just for at best maybe $50 profit per game, but it's cool you feel that way.
I'm a collector (in addition to being a huge Square fan) too, so it's hard to control my urge to just buy any cheap sealed Square games I see occasionally. :p So now I usually just keep a sealed copy for my collection, with another opened one to play.

[quote name='kazunori']I wouldn't bother with all that personally, as it's too much trouble and speculation just for at best maybe $50 profit per game, but it's cool you feel that way.
I'm a collector (in addition to being a huge Square fan) too, so it's hard to control my urge to just buy any cheap sealed Square games I see occasionally. :p So now I usually just keep a sealed copy for my collection, with another opened one to play.[/quote]

Very cool, exactly the same as me. When they have sealed black labels for $10 or less I'll get them because I like having at least one sealed for my collection, and one to play. I only sell them when I feel guilty about purchases, like the $170 I spent on two copies of Tales of Vesperia Premium Edition (one near mint, one sealed. I know own 1/3500 of all copies!)

ON TOPIC:
Anyone who's gotten there's of any games were they the greatest/platinum hits versions if available?

The four I ordered aren't scheduled to be delivered until Friday. But the game I ordered never came out as a greatest hits, so I can't answer that question for you.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']The four I ordered aren't scheduled to be delivered until Friday. But the game I ordered never came out as a greatest hits, so I can't answer that question for you.[/quote]

Thanks, I guess I shouldn't be greedy was only asking because I found this:
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=615000

And am only interested in a none Platinum Hits. Don't really need it with my backlog so if everyone else wants to buy it go ahead and save me $9.99! Only one left in stock.

I ordered on the 10th (Friday), shipped on the 13th (Monday), delivered on the 14th (Tuesday). Very good packaging and fast service.

I'm all the way in Virginia so I'm still waiting for my games. I'll update regarding which ones were Greatest Hits/Player's Choice. I hope I get a non-GH Mercenaries but I doubt it'll happen.

My games arrived today. Great shape overall. All four were non-GH/Player's Choice titles.

Mercenaries (PS2) - Looks like the first printing, the white strip on top is intact and everything. Crazy.
Fight Night Round 2 (GCN)
Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory (GCN)
Killer 7 (GCN)

Overall I'm very happy with my purchase. I can't decide if I want to play Mercenaries or Splinter Cell first.

[quote name='Halo05']My games arrived today. Great shape overall. All four were non-GH/Player's Choice titles.

Mercenaries (PS2) - Looks like the first printing, the white strip on top is intact and everything. Crazy.
Fight Night Round 2 (GCN)
Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory (GCN)
Killer 7 (GCN)

Overall I'm very happy with my purchase. I can't decide if I want to play Mercenaries or Splinter Cell first.[/QUOTE]
I'd go with Splinter Cell. That game is just so good. C'mon UBIsoft, release Splinter Cell Conviction already!

[quote name='mxpowar']I'd go with Splinter Cell. That game is just so good. C'mon UBIsoft, release Splinter Cell Conviction already![/QUOTE]

How's the Gamecube one though? The next one on the PS2 was way too hard because you couldn't save anywhere like on the Xbox one, and the original had that same problem on the Gamecube (I think at least some of those were dumbed down from the Xbox/PC version too).

[quote name='Wolfpup']How's the Gamecube one though? The next one on the PS2 was way too hard because you couldn't save anywhere like on the Xbox one, and the original had that same problem on the Gamecube (I think at least some of those were dumbed down from the Xbox/PC version too).[/QUOTE]

I started it last night.

You can save the game anywhere, like the Xbox version. It isn't as pretty but it gets the job done. The game still does an amazing job of building tension without any enemies more dramatic than guys with guns. The Gamecube controls are more complicated than on the Xbox but by the end of the first level everything was clicking. I climbed the lighthouse and threw the guard to his death.

Maybe I should've just replayed the Xbox version but I can't help it, I really love this game. I don't know if Ubisoft can match it with the eventual Splinter Cell - Conviction. They didn't with Double Agent.

That's cool they fixed the save anywhere thing-too bad it was taken out again with the next one :whistle2:/

2 and 4 were by the Chinese team though, so hopefully the next one will be really good. I mean personally I don't need it to be any better than 3-if it was just that with a new story and locations I'd be fine. Don't even need better graphics-looked good already to me.

Of course if they can actually manage to make it play even better...

I *still* haven't played the current gen version of 4! I've owned it for ages, and played the broken-because-of-save PS2 version (Which actually looked just fine, but...)

bread's done
Back