All PS3 Gold Box Event (Thursday June 17 at 12AM PT)

vipes209

CAGiversary!
I saw this ads by the PS3 section. Here it is. http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox
Goldbox: Battlefield Bad Company 2 at $39.98 as Deal of the Day
1st PS3 Goldbox Lightning Deal: Borderlands $26.99
2nd PS3 Goldbox Lightning Deal: PDP Afterglow Controller $14.99
3rd PS3 Goldbox Lightning Deal: GTA Episodes from Liberty City $26.99
4th PS3 Goldbox Lightning Deal: Intec Charge Base 2 $19.99
AllPS3_GB_June2010._V191104930_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dino88']No kidding. And while you're at it OP, link me to google will ya?[/QUOTE]

ive seen about 3 of your posts-and all 3 times ive thought yup perfect pic-i know its not you

but its just something about that guys face that just makes me laugh and annoys the crap out of me at the same time-

[quote name='youenvy']ive seen about 3 of your posts-and all 3 times ive thought yup perfect pic-i know its not you

but its just something about that guys face that just makes me laugh and annoys the crap out of me at the same time-[/QUOTE]
cool-story-bro--

[quote name='maddog1419']What time does this start on the East coast?[/QUOTE]

Well the image says midnight pacific time so I'd go with 3:00am on the East coast.

As the The Man in Black says to Anigo Montoya, "Get used to disappointment."

Also, though others have probably put forth a similar sentiment, where are the fucking hints that will let us know if its worth staying up?

From Twitter:

Goldbox tomorrow: Battlefield Bad Company 2 at $39.98 as Deal of the Day
1st PS3 Goldbox Lightning Deal Tomorrow: #Borderlands $26.99
2nd PS3 Goldbox Lightning Deal Tomorrow: PDP Afterglow Controller $14.99
3rd PS3 Goldbox Lightning Deal Tomorrow: GTA Episodes from Liberty City $26.99
4th PS3 Goldbox Lightning Deal Tomorrow:Intec Charge Base 2 $19.99

[quote name='Justin42']From Twitter:

4th PS3 Goldbox Lightning Deal Tomorrow:Intec Charge Base 2 $19.99[/QUOTE]
Those are terrible. I have yet to see a good Goldbox event for a console since I started paying attention in January 2009

[quote name='Denzalo']Yep, going to get up to pick up Borderlands.. then back to bed![/QUOTE]
It says Borderlands will be the first lightning deal, which is usually at 6am PDT.

[quote name='S_DOG34']Good post - proves how different everyone's gaming tastes are. Just out of curiosity, why did you like GoW better than NGB?[/QUOTE]
I liked the setting and story of GoW better, and found the characters / enemies more interesting. I liked the Blades of Chaos better as weapons, and I liked Kratos' combat abilities better. For example, ripping a harpy's wings off, or climbing up a cyclops to rip out its eye, feels unbelievably badass. Beating the life out of an enemy with your bare fist, or impaling him on his own sword, is more captivating to me. Also, GoW has a much better camera system: I never have to touch it in combat, and very rarely am I attacked from off-screen. I found NGB's camera annoying, and the zoomed in nature of it meant that I could be attacked from off-screen even while in a small enclosed room. Plus, I don't care about game length. Great 6-10 hour game > good 20 hour game.

NG is undeniably fun, but I feel that it's tailored more toward those that like intricate combat systems, hard challenges, and have fantastic reflexes. GoW is more forgiving, more interesting, and more badass. The QTEs may not require much skill, but they never fail to put a grin on my face. =)

[quote name='Trace17']Every time they do one of these people dream about flaghship titles for under $30 :roll:

And every time it has a couple decent discounts, some shovelware, and an accessory. If this time is different, I'll eat crow but I highly doubt it. Not a snowball's chance in hell MNR shows up for $35 or Uncharted 2 for $20.[/QUOTE]

Hate to be that guy, but....

i-told-you-so1-1.jpg

[quote name='Justin42']From Twitter:

4th PS3 Goldbox Lightning Deal Tomorrow:Intec Charge Base 2 $19.99[/QUOTE]
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I held out on kmart's heavy rain deal for this crap?!

[quote name='Adamu Kuezada']OH I SEE WUT THEY DID. THEY OFFERED DEALS THAT REFLECT SONYS E3 CONFRENCE.

At least this keeps me from spending money...[/QUOTE]

nice troll

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I wonder if Tekken 6 will return?[/QUOTE]

It returned, $20 at Amazon, get it now!! before it ends

[quote name='GoGame']Only 4 deals and only 2 games? Disappointing.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more.
Infamous for $10 would have been nice...

[quote name='diishen']Is anybody buying BFBC2 from Amazon? I'm tempted but part of me says to wait a little longer...[/QUOTE]

It's $37 at Target this week and $39.99 at Best Buy next week. Amazon's "daily deal" is hardly a deal right now. :roll:

BFBC2 seems to have died down on the PS3. Online games are usually only half full now, and it can lag at times. I really enjoyed it for the first month plus when the game came out, but it really has gone downhill since.

[quote name='Trace17']It's $37 at Target this week and $39.99 at Best Buy next week. Amazon's "daily deal" is hardly a deal right now. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks for the info!!!

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Not wanting to be the party pooper, but....

I expect another failed Gold Box Event chock-full of PS3 shovelware. There may be one (two at most) decent buys...but nothing great. If it does turn out to be good, then I'll gladly drink 12 consecutive beers...but I expect nothing, at which point I will still drink 12 consecutive beers as I have to go to the DMV on this day as well. ;)[/QUOTE]

Told you...lol!

These Gold Box Events just suck now...they are only good during holiday specials. That, and price matching wars with competitors.

Here's a tip Amazon. NO ONE wants to see (let alone buy) crappy 3rd-party hardware accessories during the GB events.

bread's done
Back