All PSPgo's now include LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters and SOCOM.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Lunar and Dante's Inferno ARE on the PSN.[/QUOTE]

Is that so? I was mainly consulting wiki as they usually keep their listings up to date.

3 free games is not worth losing the ability to rent or buy used. I just bought a PSP refurb from GameStop a couple weeks ago, but there's lots of things wrong with it. I'm returning it, then preordering the Kingdom Hearts bundle that will come out in September.

Truth be told, there isn't a whole lot of games on the system I want, but there are a few, and honestly a few is reason enough for me to buy a console as long as it's not overtly expensive. I bought a Wii once it hit $200 pretty much strictly for the No More Heroes series, and with the exception of Madworld that's basically all it's been used for. And no, if you're wondering, I don't have shit in terms of money. But dammit, if there's a game I really wanna play on a system I don't own I'm willing to take the plunge even if it's not the best CAG move.

Thankfully for my wallet, there's not really a game I really want on Xbox and/or 360. There's tons I want on the DS, but Nintendo keeps cranking out new models I dare not even try and buy one. I'll probably settle for buying a Lite or something once 3DS is going strong as they'll probably be cheap as hell (hopefully).

So how do we take advantage of this? I am a recently purchaser of a PSP Go (and despite the flaws it works for me for a few games plus the PS1 Classic I already owned).

[quote name='Kain Vincent']Here are some of the popular PSP games you can't play if you own a PSPGo:
Crisis Core
Lunar Silver Star Harmony
Lumines
Mega Man Powered Up
Dante's Inferno

Say what you will about some of those games, but they are all hyped titles. The fact they are missing on PSN is baffling.

It also doesn't help that their release schedule is odd too, with a majority of the lacking titles on PSN easily available on the UMD format at a fraction of the price. In a good number of cases, games have popped up on PSN a whopping 2-3 years after being released on UMD.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about the other games, but Lumines 1 & 2 aren't available on PSN due to music rights. If you remember, some of the skins are actually music videos by pop stars and that is the reason we can't have Lumines 1 & 2 in their original form. The original music contract was only for a UMD, not a download. I really don't understand why that would be difficult to remedy. You would think companies would like more money for doing no new work.

If this doesn't get fixed, I'm hoping they can just make the PS3 version for PSP and charge around $10. That might actually be better.

I'm never buying a download only game system. I want my cheap clearance games and the ability to resell. I'm way to cheap to buy this thing. I could tell it would fail from the start with a price equal to a real console.

[quote name='au7oma7ic']this may be an ignorant question, however, I couldn't find the answer. What happens if you buy a UK PSP and get it shipped to NA? Than you register it on the UK PSN store?

Is this possible?[/QUOTE]

I would also like to know if that works.

[quote name='Dillon627']I would also like to know if that works.[/QUOTE]

Doubt it. I would guess the actual registration goes by IP to determine what country you're in. If you had a friend in England, you might be in luck...

EU offer is still more amazingly better when you get a choice of TEN titles. Also the GO is still insanely priced, maybe if it were $180 and the free games then we would be talking.

Either way as Kain Vincent has shown there are quite a few PSP games not available for download yet, and we still have the issue of being overpriced downloads and no way to resell them. Getting even $10 back off something you spent is better then getting nothing back.

[quote name='Buuhan1']

Truth be told, there isn't a whole lot of games on the system I want, but there are a few, and honestly a few is reason enough for me to buy a console as long as it's not overtly expensive. I bought a Wii once it hit $200 pretty much strictly for the No More Heroes series, and with the exception of Madworld that's basically all it's been used for. And no, if you're wondering, I don't have shit in terms of money. But dammit, if there's a game I really wanna play on a system I don't own I'm willing to take the plunge even if it's not the best CAG move.

[/QUOTE]

This exactly, I wanted a PSP 2000 for just a few titles (GOW, Resistance, Metal Gear titles) and I waited till I could justify a purchase for it. No WAY I touch a PSP Go and it's download only titles. That's bananas.

PSP has a good library, not as enormous or varied as the DS's, but it still has games you'll never be able to play on any other system and that's why I had to have one. Cannot wait for Valkyria Chronicles 2. Any word on a PSP exclusive Resident Evil they talked about?

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Doubt it. I would guess the actual registration goes by IP to determine what country you're in. If you had a friend in England, you might be in luck...[/QUOTE]

If it worked that way, I would get someone trust worthy to do it and share the account with them.

[quote name='chopper731']I love my PSP Go.

How many of you guys in here dogging the handheld actually own it?[/QUOTE]

You do NOT have to own a thing to criticize a thing. If someone is "dogging" a device, then perhaps they've considered said device, researched said device, learned reasons for them not to want to own it, and decided instead of spending $250 on said device that gobbles up $30 per game rapidly with no option/chance of resell they'd probably rather buy a $170 PSP that allows you to resell your games to fund new game purchases.

Do you know why Steam is a success? Because Steam has competition and because Steam understands the value of great and common sales. Sony does not seem to understand this very well and so charging more for PSPGo digital versions of a game than you can buy the same game on physical media on Amazon/Gamestop used/etc is crazy.

PSPGo = high initial prices for games (higher than the UMD versions) plus no resell plus PSPGo having a MSRP $70 higher than the version that avoids said two problems = failure.

I don't have to own a PSPGo to know charging more for digital versions of a game than the UMD version AND charging more for the PSP without the ability to use UMD versus the one that does is a recipe for disaster and just not worth my money.

Nintendo 3DS will force a pricedrop for all PSP's. This is inevitable. If PSP2 shows up in any form at E3, the pricedrop will wind up being severe.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']You do NOT have to own a thing to criticize a thing. If someone is "dogging" a device, then perhaps they've considered said device, researched said device, learned reasons for them not to want to own it, and decided instead of spending $250 on said device that gobbles up $30 per game rapidly with no option/chance of resell they'd probably rather buy a $170 PSP that allows you to resell your games to fund new game purchases.

Do you know why Steam is a success? Because Steam has competition and because Steam understands the value of great and common sales. Sony does not seem to understand this very well and so charging more for PSPGo digital versions of a game than you can buy the same game on physical media on Amazon/Gamestop used/etc is crazy.

PSPGo = high initial prices for games (higher than the UMD versions) plus no resell plus PSPGo having a MSRP $70 higher than the version that avoids said two problems = failure.

I don't have to own a PSPGo to know charging more for digital versions of a game than the UMD version AND charging more for the PSP without the ability to use UMD versus the one that does is a recipe for disaster and just not worth my money.

Nintendo 3DS will force a pricedrop for all PSP's. This is inevitable. If PSP2 shows up in any form at E3, the pricedrop will wind up being severe.[/QUOTE]

Yes I am on Steam and I agree with you that it is a much better store than the PSN for gaming, especially when it comes to sales.

If price is your main concern, and given the nature of this site I'm sure to most readers it is, then the Go is not a deal by any means. It does offer features that the 3000 does not and those features come at a premium price. I wanted to be able to use a DS3 for extended hours of game play (in anticipation of Peace Walker) along with the save state feature and I didn't mind shelling out the extra clams. As a bonus, the design of the Go feels more comfortable to me and it fits in my pocket much better.

I still have my original PSP and my modest collection of UMD games but I'm happy I got a Go and encourage anyone thinking about getting one to do so. Understanding that it comes at a higher price, of course.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Why would anyone use Steam? Many people find having the ability to keep a bunch of games on their system (legally) at one time to be better than dealing with physical media. Digital distribution is hardly the problem. It's the high price for the system, and the fact that there isn't a full library of games available to purchase, nor are they at discounted prices across the board.

The PSP Go was a failure at launch with that ridiculous $249 price. If they had released a 4GB model instead at say $149, I think it would sell significantly better. Hell, they could remove Bluetooth from such a model too to cut costs a bit more. Sony are idiots for not releasing a cheaper model, nor a solution for transferrring UMD's to the system.[/QUOTE]
PC is completely different then the handheld/console market, we actually want the disc in our hands so that at a later date we could trade or sell for a different one.

PC is different because it requires a CD-KEY thus making the disc only useful for people who absolutely just want to hang on to the disc

I buy my PC games in store as well, im that guy who just has to have it infront of me im not putting my faith in the hands of a machine or company because what if 10 years from now steam goes bankrupt and shuts down its service? i know its not going to happen obviously but what if something in the future prohibits you from getting your games? alot of these programs require you to be online while playing same with these new DRM protocols and its BS

i want my games in my hand and i dont want shitty DRMs, which is why i play consoles/handhelds way way way way more then i do PC games

but back on the PSPGO, i like the design, i wouldn't mind owning one but i wouldn't pay more then 75-100$ for it because i own a PSP and a bunch of games im not gonna rebuy my f'n games

[quote name='ssjmichael']Why would anyone use Steam? .[/QUOTE]

That's what I have been wondering for a long time. Can someone tell me what a torrent is? :lol:

Sounds like somebody is not happy with their PSP Go and has to unleash his fury unto the world.

Owned it for a few months, and still consider it inferior to the other models. It's over priced, and their strategy for pricing their DL only content is broken.
While they're moving in the right direction by lowering some of their prices, the fact that not every game is available is also a problem.

The Go is an aberration as far as being a comfortable hand-held device meant to be used for long periods of time.

i find this deal hilarious. sony needs to give 10 free games in order for a smart consumer to get over the $250 price point of the seriously limited pspgo. a pspgo2 or a 3d pspgo will also flop if based on the origninal's principles. the only way sony can succeed in their go's is if they discount their games as much as steam. that will never happen because of how miserable sony's gaming department has been doing.

basically, the pspgo was, is, and will likely always be a major flop.

Yes I am on Steam and I agree with you that it is a much better store than the PSN for gaming, especially when it comes to sales.

If price is your main concern, and given the nature of this site I'm sure to most readers it is, then the Go is not a deal by any means. It does offer features that the 3000 does not and those features come at a premium price. I wanted to be able to use a DS3 for extended hours of game play (in anticipation of Peace Walker) along with the save state feature and I didn't mind shelling out the extra clams. As a bonus, the design of the Go feels more comfortable to me and it fits in my pocket much better.

I still have my original PSP and my modest collection of UMD games but I'm happy I got a Go and encourage anyone thinking about getting one to do so. Understanding that it comes at a higher price, of course.

I love Chopper's argument here. However, it is a wasted argument on CAG. There are two types of people on this board, collectors and traders/sellers, both of which will not agree with "biting the bullet" on loosing resell, physical media, and being overpriced, just for extra comfort, a DS3 compatibility mode and the sexy design of the go (I think the PSPx000 are fuck ugly).

I have been looking for a psp, and while I do prefer physical media over DD, the reasons mentioned above by chopper have been the reasons grabbing me back to the go. I am confident that sony's business model will eventually figure out digital distribution.

Well, to be honest....the reason I like my PSPGo is because I bought it for $130, and I use all those free PSN Vouchers I get off Sony Rewards to buy games.

[quote name='Estebon']I stopped some little kid from having his dad buy him one at GS recently. I told him, "look, it looks cool and everything but you'll never play any games for it". Its a dead system, don't do it.

Dad thanked me and kid seemed pissed at me. Oh well, it was for his own good.[/QUOTE]

that's a terrible story.

i bought a 3000 about a month ago. i absolutely love it, and i've only played around 3 games so far - metal gear acid, jeanne d'arc, and gta: chinatown. and i still have a ton of games on my radar i can't wait to play.

i have no idea why some of you think there are no worthwhile games for it; then again, i heard the same thing when i was buying my ps3... and there were a ton of worthwhile games for that, too (and way more, now).

that said, i'm still glad i got my UMD playing 3000, and used the price difference to buy a memory stick, game, extra battery, and case.

oh, and i have it loaded up with ffxii, ffxiii, wild arms, suikoden, silent hill, resident evil, and other greats from ps1 classics on psn. no games? yea, right.

I think what's funnier than this sale is the download time for these games on a wireless b. Good luck with those 3+ gigs to anyone who finds this a "great" deal.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']I think what's funnier than this sale is the download time for these games on a wireless b. Good luck with those 3+ gigs to anyone who finds this a "great" deal.[/QUOTE]
You can download your games with your PS3 and/or the MediaGo software to your computer so you can use what ever your network speed is.

Don't buy a PSPGo this close to E3.

And for $250 the Go is only a good buy for people looking to literally throw their money away. System needed to launch at $149.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']You do NOT have to own a thing to criticize a thing.[/QUOTE]

That really isn't what the guy was saying. He never stated you can't criticize without owning it, he simply asked who actually owned one. Because while you are absolutely right that anyone can criticize something, there is value in knowing whether someone has actually used one or not. This is especially true when discussing certain claims here that there are only a couple of games worth playing - if someone hasn't actually played any of them, they are not exactly a great source.

This is especially true because there is a lot of Sony hate this generation for some reason, so it's quite hard to sort out the haters from the informed, since it's all just text on the internet.

Owning a PSP since the original came out, and later purchasing a PSP 2000 and the Go, I can tell you that there is well over 100 games worth playing. I can do the same for the DS, so there are great choices of games for both systems. I put hundreds of hours into my PSP, and put the same amount of time in with my PSP Go and 2000. Anyone stating there are not any games worth playing on the system has never owned one, or owned one and was too lazy to look for games to play. The only unfortunate thing about the GO is that a large number of titles aren't on PSN, but at least an acceptable number of the better games are. Again, like I said, I can name 100+ titles on the PSP that are worth playing, and I've played plenty of them to know. Anyone stating otherwise is a troll or fan boy.

bread's done
Back