All Time Favorite Band

[quote name='DarthPuma']Neutral Milk Hotel. It would be Weezer had they stopped at Pinkerton.[/QUOTE]

You are an idiot.

[quote name='lolwut?']Right now? Probably the Devil Wears Prada

It changes as I get older though[/QUOTE]

I really hope it changes. I'm going to pull one of those "I know the band things." I took college classes with their drummer and heard the "singer" on numerous occasions say that they're just making whatever is popular. I'm not saying it's a bad thing...just generic and not worthy of all time greatness.

On to mine: Cake.

I can listen to their albums over and over and never get tired of them.

[quote name='rabbitt']You hear it a lot about bands, but he's right. Weezer used to be great, but now they're fucking liquid shit.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't go that far. They've got flashes of brilliance among all the boring cheese. I'd say 60% of Maladroit was good, and all of their latest albums have had at least two or three good songs. But they were much, much better back then.

[quote name='Dingleberry']I really hope it changes. I'm going to pull one of those "I know the band things." I took college classes with their drummer and heard the "singer" on numerous occasions say that they're just making whatever is popular. I'm not saying it's a bad thing...just generic and not worthy of all time greatness.[/QUOTE]

lol? I appreciate the heads up or whatever that was, but I'm not too worried about why they are making kick ass music, just that they are making it.

Besides, why would they go that route if they were worried about playing what was popular; there are much more popular genres than the one they are in.

[quote name='R1V3R5']You are an idiot.[/QUOTE]

Are you seriously going to try an argue that Weezer has put out anything worthwhile since then? Green was okay, but nowhere near the caliber of their first two albums. Maladroit was bad, Make Believe was complete shit, and The Red Album proved that they had nothing left in them.

Nine Inch Nails

All of their releases (besides Pretty Hate Machine) are in constant rotation at my house and I'll travel damn near anywhere in my state to see them.

Best song ever? I'd probably go with Kashiwa Daisuke's April #2. Epic in every sense of the word.

All time: Led Zeppelin
Lately: Wolfmother

[quote name='DarthPuma']Are you seriously going to try an argue that Weezer has put out anything worthwhile since then? Green was okay, but nowhere near the caliber of their first two albums. Maladroit was bad, Make Believe was complete shit, and The Red Album proved that they had nothing left in them.[/QUOTE]

Yup, Blue and Pinkerton was music from the soul.
Everything after has been music for the wallet.

I will say that "I am the greatest man that ever lived" from Red was the closest i've heard to Pinkerton on their recent albums.

I couldn't narrow it down to one. Probably between blink 182, Bloc Party, Death Cab for Cutie, Lostprophets, Radiohead, RAtM, The Postal Service, SKSK, etc., etc., etc.

Yeah like I said, cant narrow it down.

No love for Color Me Badd???? What has the world gone to?

Probably Genesis, The Who or The Stones

I would never be able to choose just one but: Sublime, Rage Against the Machine, Tool, Pantera, Slipknot, Korn , Offpsring, blink182, and the oddball ICP (up to the jeckel brothers album.. lost it after that)

I'm gonna say... The Offspring. I rarely get albums, though, I normally get all different songs separately.

[quote name='Inphoar']I'm gonna say... The Offspring. I rarely get albums, though, I normally get all different songs separately.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely love one of their earlier albums called Ignition that's pretty good most of the way through. But do yourself a favor and skip ever seeing them live, it was extremely disappointing.

That's really tough some of my favorites are: Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin, ACDC, The Clash, Slayer, Melvins, The Misfits, Iron Maiden, CLUTCH, Outkast, Johnny Cash, Bad Religion, KMFDM, and Metallica's(first four albums).

[quote name='mykevermin']Skrewdriver.[/QUOTE]
MykeverSkin?

Hard to narrow it down, but I'll say Saves The Day.

[quote name='lolwut?']lol? I appreciate the heads up or whatever that was, but I'm not too worried about why they are making kick ass music, just that they are making it.

Besides, why would they go that route if they were worried about playing what was popular; there are much more popular genres than the one they are in.[/QUOTE]

lolwhat? Many kids like scenester-core music these day, and TDWP leads the pack, with uber-autotuned singing and all.

My Fave.
August Burns Red.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Number 1
earthwind.jpg

Number 2
Jamiroquai_TravellingWithoutMoving.jpg

Number 3
00016148-757379_400.jpg

:applause:

Jamiroquai deserves much love. They are close to overtaking Earth Wind and Fire for me.[/QUOTE]

earth wind and fire have good stuff too but when it comes to bands that i always listen to its between jamiroquai and zero 7. i listen to a few of their songs everyday right now my favorite jamiroquai song is "time wont wait". both groups have something that no matter the mood im in theres a song that fits the occasion.

1) Queens of the Stone Age
2) Beastie Boys, and this is a very close #2
3) 65daysofstatic
4) Linkin Park
5) Silversun Pickups
6) 10 Years
7) Rise Against

bread's done
Back