All Wii Gold Box Event Today at Amazon

GoGame

CAGiversary!
[img-r=4876]3674[/img-r]Today, 6 Wii video games will be featured in Amazon's Gold Box along with a Wii Deal of the Day.

Deal of the Day:
:wii: Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party 3 Bundle $34.99

Hit the link below for Gold Box deal clues and times:
iconamazon.gif
Amazon Wii Gold Box

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I remember the last PS3/XBox 360 Gold Box deals didn't all sell out (mostly didn't sell out actually, IIRC), so I doubt soccer mums played that big a role.

OK, let's start listing shovelware that we think will show up. My guess:

Cold Stone Creamery: Scoop It Up

Yeah you know you want to serve up that ice cream.

[quote name='prateeko']It's not hate, it's just an observation. Amazon's BFs are good (last years was better), but the Gold Box has enough 'clout' with lay-people (soccer moms as I said earlier) that they realize they can give 'meh' deals in there and they will still sell out, so why bother putting out solid gold that CAGers demand?

Financially, that'd be irresponsible, thus I made my post and do not expect much from tomorrow's Gold Box. If they do, however, put out some dynamo deals, I'll be happy to be proved wrong.[/QUOTE]

You have the right pov on it but there are some people around here who will act like Amazon personally raped them if they don't get the games they want at the price they want. Gold Box events become major cryfests.

[quote name='mitch079']OK, let's start listing shovelware that we think will show up. My guess:

Cold Stone Creamery: Scoop It Up

Yeah you know you want to serve up that ice cream.[/QUOTE]

This is the best guess I've read all day. Since it's a lot closer to what Amazon Gold Boxes tend to have in them, sadly.

Oh, and We Cheer games.

I might be in for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, or Monster Hunter Tri... Classic Controller Pro would also be nice. Not holding my breath though.

[quote name='Justin42']This is the best guess I've read all day. Since it's a lot closer to what Amazon Gold Boxes tend to have in them, sadly.

Oh, and We Cheer games.[/QUOTE]

My bet is on "Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll" ;)

[quote name='confoosious']You have the right pov on it but there are some people around here who will act like Amazon personally raped them if they don't get the games they want at the price they want. Gold Box events become major cryfests.[/QUOTE]

This. People need to zip it.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']They need to put Deadspace extraction for $10-$15 already.[/QUOTE]

i might hold out on that little longer after hearing a downloadable HD port for ps3/360

[quote name='xpag406']lol @ all the amazon hate.
So everyone hates on amazon now (For their "lackluster" deals but hey, they have to make money somehow right?).... then Black Friday will roll around and then CAGs will forget this ever happened and vote Amazon Best Online Retailer/Best online customer Service/Best Website with a "Z" in the name for the 5th year in a row.

And the Cycle will continue. *Yawn* I'm sleepy. Wake me when WiiHD comes out.[/QUOTE]

Normally I'd agree with you, but Gamestop has it locked up this year! 25OFF won it for them this year without question. It's almost as if Amazon doesn't even try anymore. Other than "The Shield Complete Series" for $59.98 a week or two ago, it's as if they don't even try with their DOTD anymore!

[quote name='Hugstable'] One can also dream for Metroid Prime Trilogy ha.[/QUOTE]

Seeing as how the only copies left are on the Marketplace at inflated prices, I kinda doubt it...

[quote name='confoosious']You have the right pov on it but there are some people around here who will act like Amazon personally raped them if they don't get the games they want at the price they want. Gold Box events become major cryfests.[/QUOTE]

I agree people can be melodramatic, but at the same time, some of the crap they put up is an insult to what the gold box has been/is supposed to be. They know they can use it to clear up inventory and they do so. I still remember some great deals on 1st party Wii and PS3 games back in the day. Shame that's not happening anytime today...

Guesses
6AM PDT Alone In the Dark
9AM PDT Karaoke Revolution Bundle
12PM PDT A Wireless Nunchuk
2PM PDT Disney Sing It - Pop Hits
5PM PDT Hall of Fame Ultimate Hoops Challenge
7PM PDT Toy Story Mania!

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']LOL @ the first clue! :lol:

I can't stop laughing, so wrong in many level.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, that is the best part of the sale as the game selection is crap.

"Play your Wii in the dark."
"Your nunchuck never had it this good."
"Get ready for Buzz and Woody!"

These are seriously the most overtly sexual and suggestive "hints" I've ever seen.

I'm just going to head over to gamestop.com and buy new super mario for 34.99 plus 10 coupon. At least they have wii games worth getting.

I'm floored by the irony of Gamestop stepping to the plate with actual deals lately. Amazon is still number one in my eyes, but these recent Gold Box events are starting to hurt their rep.

These deals are pretty terrible, but I'm also pretty tired of that soccer mom line. Perhaps we could combine a bunch of the overused Wii snubs in one sentence: My soccer mom's not going to blow the dust off her Wii to play these waggle fests.

Hah. Hah. Hah. He said, "Wii".

[quote name='crunchewy']These deals are pretty terrible, but I'm also pretty tired of that soccer mom line. Perhaps we could combine a bunch of the overused Wii snubs in one sentence: My soccer mom's not going to blow the dust off her Wii to play these waggle fests.

Hah. Hah. Hah. He said, "Wii".[/QUOTE]

Hah. Hah. Hah. He said his mom had a Wii!! Which also means penis! LOLERCATS :lol:

[quote name='jebnaut']"Play your Wii in the dark."
"Your nunchuck never had it this good."
"Get ready for Buzz and Woody!"

These are seriously the most overtly sexual and suggestive "hints" I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]

Vibrating nunchuk LOL! I bet the soccer moms would love that!

FYI, that Kama nunchuck is a piece of crap. Maybe their remote is good (have heard so), but that nunchuck will last you a week or two tops before the trigger starts sticking. It's bad design. Really bad. So even if you want the Nyko Wand, don't bother with this combo.

[quote name='UberSwiss']Hopefully A Boy and His Blob will show up for $15 or less. I doubt I will get anything, unless it is a crazy good deal, because Mario Galaxy 2 comes out in a week.[/QUOTE]

i keep regretting not picking up blob when it was one of my quick picks for ~$15

i just saw this and was worried i missed something.

i took a look at amazon and i am not at all worried now. i'll just play mario kart (that i got last week) until galaxy 2 shows up.

bread's done
Back