Alright deal GoW 59.99 w/1600 live points

I'd probably get that for $49.99 or less. Btw, isn't it time for GoW to drop down in price to a $29.99 Platinum Hits title - or is it going to lamely be excluded from the line like Halo and Halo 2 did for ages while crap became Platinum Hits seemingly overnight?

Be careful with Best Buy and any orders that contain "free" point cards with the purchase of a game. If for any reason they don't send you the game (due to backorder, unexplained cancellation, etc.), they'll change your order and charge you full price for the point card.

They did this to me on the Halo 3 pre-order that came with a 1600 point card. For some unexplained reason, they cancelled Halo 3 after the point card had already been shipped (and I had already used it). They then edited my order to charge me full price for the point card and re-charged my gift card and credit card to cover the new order total. Their customer support refused to do anything to resolve the problem afterwards and I still have no idea why the game portion of the order was cancelled.

That was the 2nd to last time I ordered from them. The last time I ordered something, they sent me the wrong item (half the value of what I actually ordered), told me they'd send a prepaid package to mail it back in, then emailed me to tell me that they could only send prepaid return package for items that were defective... essentially forcing me to take the item back to a store and haggle with somebody there to get what I had actually ordered (in exchange for an item half its price). I'll pay over MSRP on Ebay before I order from them again :)

[quote name='spideymike']I'd probably get that for $49.99 or less. Btw, isn't it time for GoW to drop down in price to a $29.99 Platinum Hits title - or is it going to lamely be excluded from the line like Halo and Halo 2 did for ages while crap became Platinum Hits seemingly overnight?[/quote]

I hear that. I recently got a 360 and thought that GoW would be a cheap pick-up. I was a bit surprised that it was still a full-priced title.

[quote name='Tomeeboy']Be careful with Best Buy and any orders that contain "free" point cards with the purchase of a game. If for any reason they don't send you the game (due to backorder, unexplained cancellation, etc.), they'll change your order and charge you full price for the point card.

They did this to me on the Halo 3 pre-order that came with a 1600 point card. For some unexplained reason, they cancelled Halo 3 after the point card had already been shipped (and I had already used it). They then edited my order to charge me full price for the point card and re-charged my gift card and credit card to cover the new order total. Their customer support refused to do anything to resolve the problem afterwards and I still have no idea why the game portion of the order was cancelled.

That was the 2nd to last time I ordered from them. The last time I ordered something, they sent me the wrong item (half the value of what I actually ordered), told me they'd send a prepaid package to mail it back in, then emailed me to tell me that they could only send prepaid return package for items that were defective... essentially forcing me to take the item back to a store and haggle with somebody there to get what I had actually ordered (in exchange for an item half its price). I'll pay over MSRP on Ebay before I order from them again :)[/QUOTE]

if they didnt charge you shipping then why the hell wouldnt you just return it to the store yourself i would find it easier to return it to the store then packing it up and giving it to the UPS store than taking the item and returning it to the customer service desk.

[quote name='Gotchaforce']if they didnt charge you shipping then why the hell wouldnt you just return it to the store yourself i would find it easier to return it to the store then packing it up and giving it to the UPS store than taking the item and returning it to the customer service desk.[/quote]

Are you kidding me? The whole reason for ordering it online in the first place is to avoid going to the actual store. I would have spent half the value of the item in gas just driving to the nearest Best Buy, just to fix their mistake. To make matters worse, the item they sent me by mistake was only priced at half the price of what I had actually ordered. I couldn't simply return it and get a refund, as I would have effectively been handing them $10 for nothing.

Besides, what kind of dummy would voluntarily go return something to a Best Buy B&M smack in the middle of the holiday shopping frenzy? UPS picks up from my office every day, it would have been WAY easier to just mail it back to them.

[quote name='spideymike']I'd probably get that for $49.99 or less. Btw, isn't it time for GoW to drop down in price to a $29.99 Platinum Hits title - or is it going to lamely be excluded from the line like Halo and Halo 2 did for ages while crap became Platinum Hits seemingly overnight?[/quote]

Given the sales and the fact that it is a Microsoft exclusive, you are sadly correct. The kicker is that this is the gimped version and the full PC version is much cheaper.

bread's done
Back