Alright lets hear it, who scored a Wii today?

i went to toys r us and got there around 4:30 i was number 60 and there were only 40 wiis :/ there were about 150 people in line at the end

I got two! My wife went with me, we were numbers 12 and 13 of a total of 18, and got there around 7:10. We had been at Best Buy at 5:00AM, but they only had 15 and we were 38 & 39, so we went across the street.

Before there's a outcry, I bought them for my younger cousin, whose mother is in the hospital, and my nephew. I was able to score a Wii on launch day, but that was an incredible ordeal. I had been at the Universal City Walk for the West Coast Launch, and waited six hours, without luck. Then I went home, accidentally woke my wife, who proceeded to drive us to the nearest Target. Got one after waiting two hours in the cold.

The Wii is huge!

Good luck everyone.

What is up with you people? You should know you're not getting a Wii console if you go any later than 2AM. I spent all night in front of an EB on Black Friday to land my Wii. Granted the store opened at 5AM. but still. After all this media hype, I'm not even sure why you're letdown. It was to be expected.

~ahmed!~

[quote name='Zoglog']woah hot damn, that sold quick. I just listed it for $514 shipped and it sold in like 10 minutes lol.[/quote]

You talking about the bay? That is insane, 10 mins wow. :applause:

[quote name='ahmedmalik']What is up with you people? You should know you're not getting a Wii console if you go any later than 2AM. I spent all night in front of an EB on Black Friday to land my Wii. Granted the store opened at 5AM. but still. After all this media hype, I'm not even sure why you're letdown. It was to be expected.

~ahmed!~[/QUOTE]

Of course. I rather just wait past the hype when there is better games available. Right now, I would only want to play Wii Sports and Zelda. The only thing up coming in the next month or so is Wii Play. I can wait if I don't get one easily.

[quote name='ahmedmalik']What is up with you people? You should know you're not getting a Wii console if you go any later than 2AM. I spent all night in front of an EB on Black Friday to land my Wii. Granted the store opened at 5AM. but still. After all this media hype, I'm not even sure why you're letdown. It was to be expected.

~ahmed!~[/QUOTE]

not necessarily....everyone had a chance....i got mine on launch day, at an EB, without a pre-order, by walking in 1/2 hour after the store opened.....

its not that everyone is guaranteed not to get one, it just all depends on where you look.....

There was a HUGE line at the gamestop closest to me, obviously for the WII. Funny thing is, they have had PS3's at that store since THURSDAY, and they still have them. Not one single person was looking for a PS3.

[quote name='forgrim']stood in line at 5am, was #3 out of 20 at the best buy...needless to say, about 60 ppl in the end.[/QUOTE]
Damn. I got in line at 10 pm last night, and was number 9 of 24 at my Best Buy (Pleasant Hill, CA). All of the Targets and CCs around me got around 15. Needless to say, I'm a sucker, but in the end it's all worth it. I won't have much time to play it after the New Year rolls around, so it was now or never.

Got mine on launch day. Knew this would be impossible to find. I'm not one of the stupid ones who assumed this would be easy to find throughout Christmas.

[quote name='gizmogc']Got mine on launch day. Knew this would be impossible to find. I'm not one of the stupid ones who assumed this would be easy to find throughout Christmas.[/quote]

That would be me, sir. ^_^ That's why I was out there as early as I was the next go around when I heard Wii consoles were being held back for black friday.

~ahmed!~

Nothing for me... I officially give up for now. There's no way I'll be able to snag one any time soon. I'm hoping demand dies down a bit by January so that I have some time to play it before going back to school.

I didn't know there were more coming in, nor did I know that a Gamespot moved into downtown of my town (as I've been living in Boston for 3 years now).

But when we drove by the strip mall with one last night, there were 10 people camped out by 11 PM.

And it's a small town.

w00t w00t. i was able to score one. i hav an interesting story, but it would b too long for me to type. pretty much, i live in a pretty populated suburb in Atlanta, and my toysrus had over 100 wiis. i got in line around 5:45-6ish and was able to get one.:D

[quote name='Sgt. Baker']I got my second today. It's for my brother for Christmas. He better know I love him.[/QUOTE]

Heh. Same exact sentiment here.

yup, finally got one. Got at Target at 4:30 knowing they had 18 total. I was the only one there until about 6 then the hordes started coming at 7. About 40 people total were on line for 18 consoles. They didn't hand out tickets or tell the people they only had 18. Instead they had us walk in an orderly line in the same positions we were on line outside back to the electronics dept. I got the hell out of there before the people near the end of the line (which were still in line in the electronics dept) found out they weren't getting one.

I went to Circuit City at 3 AM and was the third one there. Passed a numbered list to everyone who came around so we could stay in our cars until around 6:30 AM. After that, lined up in order and there were just over 40 people in line. Guy in the store posted a sign saying they had 10 Wiis, so I was happy I was #3! We got vouchers around 7:30 AM and I got my Wii at 8 AM with the $40 off $199 purchase coupon.

I got mine, went at 3:15, my best buy only had 21, I was number 18........I felt like yelling at the people who came around at 7 asking anyone if they had any Wii tickets they didnt want (these people were fully refreshed and had just woken up) If they want the reward, do the work

My buddy and I struck out at BB, so we decided to check out EB and saw that they had 9 with only 6 people in line. Now if only I could find component cables.

This release kind of surprised me. I guess it was the last chance to get one for Christmas, so a lot of parents were getting desperate. My store has had 3 shipments of Wiis - 18, 15, and 15. The first batch was accounted for very early with people camping out over night. The second (two weeks ago), didn't have much of a line - there were only 7 or so people there at 5am when I showed up for work. I know someone that went to another Target in the area with a friend at 7:30 and got two. Today, they were all accounted for by 5, and we had another 15 people to turn away at 6.

I left home at 3:40, got to the nearest Target in Wake Forest, NC at 4:10-ish and there was a semi-circle of chairs in front of the door. I just went over and stood beside them. Then some girl that works there came over to warn us that there was only 15, so some guy pulled out some post it notes and gave makeshift tickets. I got #10 and we wrote our names down on an envelope with our number. Then after almost freezing to death, a Target employee came out at 7:30 and give the people on the list a ticket.

I really liked that there was no big line of people hoping to randomly get one because after we filled the 15 slots, any other person that came by was shoo-ed away. :p

It was funny because I had gone the night before and saw that there were only a few extra wiimotes, so I told my brother to go straight to get one and possibly another nunchuck too, but another guy beat him to the last nunchuck. Oh well.

I'm happy that my first attempt went smoothly without any headaches.

[quote name='The Crotch']Will you be my new brother? All mine ever do when they come home for Christmas is play my Mario Kart...[/quote]Maybe....I dunno. I've already got several. I guess it depends what you can bring to the brother table.

:D

~ahmed!~[/quote]

Baloney, I got mine 2 weeks ago easily. I got to a TRU at 7:30 for a 9am opening and the people who got consoles arrived as late as 8:05ish so less than an hour wait. Release night I walked into WalMart at 2 past midnight and was 4 people away from getting one. They really aren't hard to get you just have to do your research and find stores that get in large shipments.

Waited in line at Target for 8am with gf for 2 wiis (She wanted one!). Didn't get a wii ticket, but took a ps3 one as no one else wanted to buy it (All wii buyers! A whole line of 45!). Bought the PS3 and saw some college kids come into the Electronics Dept. looking for Sony's new device. Headed back to the car overhearing their dejected sorrows as I had bought the last PS3.

I turned and said "Hey guys, you want this one?" and they were totally up for that. They were adding together all of their cash and said "We're gonna be short, can we give you a wii? We each got one (5 guys) at TRU, we waited since 1am and they had 0 PS3's".

How cool! So I was in for a Wii and the difference in cash. When they were short again, they offered a second wii, so we went home with 2 wiis & the cash difference after negotiating in the Target parking lot. How crazy is that?

I overslept and ended up racing to Target at about 9ish with my fingers crossed. Wiped out. No consoles, no controllers, very few accessories and a handful of games. There was a line of about 15 people by GameStop. Went up past Best Buy but saw another line of about 15 or so outside of the GameStop and figured there'd be no dice at either of those.

Ended up at TRU. They said they got 18 and sold out in minutes. BUT! They did have tons of Wii-motes plus a handful of nunchuks and classics!!!

I snagged two classics and all the nunchuks I needed, which is what I was looking for. Awesome!!

It appears that everything is cleaned out by now all over town though. Amazing. Three large shipments, three rapid sell-outs. Nintendo's rolling!

[quote name='EvilNuff']Baloney, I got mine 2 weeks ago easily. I got to a TRU at 7:30 for a 9am opening and the people who got consoles arrived as late as 8:05ish so less than an hour wait. Release night I walked into WalMart at 2 past midnight and was 4 people away from getting one. They really aren't hard to get you just have to do your research and find stores that get in large shipments.[/QUOTE]

That varies greatly by area. Some people are going to live places that aren't going to have any stores that get huge shipments and/or only have a couple stores in town that carry games and thus everyone camps at the same couple of places making it tough.

I already had my Wii and saw the campers today while trying to get a Nunchuk. I picked up an extra Nunchuk for a friend but also have an extra set of a remote and Nunchuk that I thought he wanted but he said he didn't. Anyone want to trade for a Remote and Nunchuk set?

Got to Best buy with 2 friends at 1:15 AM and at the same time a group of 6 showed up as well. Checked out the sign and they said they had 23. So we decided to take a final trip to Wal-mart to grab some food and check if they got any there. Got back to Best Buy at 1:30 and 6 more people had shown up in the process O_O

Lets just say we jumped in line at that point. By about 3 AM all the spots were taken. Each of us got one though :D

[quote name='strikeratt']Got to Best buy with 2 friends at 1:15 AM and at the same time a group of 6 showed up as well. Checked out the sign and they said they had 23. So we decided to take a final trip to Wal-mart to grab some food and check if they got any there. Got back to Best Buy at 1:30 and 6 more people had shown up in the process O_O

Lets just say we jumped in line at that point. By about 3 AM all the spots were taken. Each of us got one though :D[/quote]
In being one of the two friends, there's not much more to say... except the first 4 kids waiting in line scalped off their spots at 7 Am for a total of $60-$90 a spot... a guy who brought everyone free Donuts and Coffee/Hot Chocolate tried to guilt-trip people into selling their spots to him for $100...
And despite warming up with my laptop that overheats at 103 degrees celcius, while watching Family Guy, I ended up with a nice cold and fever...
Of course, the walking out of that whole scenario with a Wii justifies it all, and then some.
:bouncy:

I got in line at the Target closest to my parents' place at about 3:30, and was 15 out of 15. I managed to get an extra Wiimote and Nunchuck, too (nobody else wanted them).

I was pretty disappointed with how the employees handled it, though. They didn't even let anyone know how many they had until 7:10--when there were probably 60 people in line, many of them since before 5:00. There were a lot of pissed off mommies.

Already had the Wii, but I finally got a second nunchuk. Went ahead and picked up 2000 wii points while I was at it.

I got mine launch day. However, yesterday, while driving home from a late night here in Miami, I decided to drive by the Circuit City and Target, which are next door to each other a few blocks from my house. At around 3.30AM there were a total of zero people in each line. I have no idea why...maybe it is that the stores are located downtown in an urban location or that they opened a few weeks ago, but there was nobody there. Was at that Target this evening at around 10PM. They had no Wiis, of course, but dozens upon dozens of nunchucks, classic controls, and Wiimotes.

My favourite was when I went shopping at the mall today for some holiday stuff. At various toy and electronic stores I visited, I lost count of how many times I heard people ask "Do you have Wiis?", but I remember how many times I heard people ask for the PS3: Zero.

[quote name='mbartholow']Waited in line at Target for 8am with gf for 2 wiis (She wanted one!). Didn't get a wii ticket, but took a ps3 one as no one else wanted to buy it (All wii buyers! A whole line of 45!). Bought the PS3 and saw some college kids come into the Electronics Dept. looking for Sony's new device. Headed back to the car overhearing their dejected sorrows as I had bought the last PS3.

I turned and said "Hey guys, you want this one?" and they were totally up for that. They were adding together all of their cash and said "We're gonna be short, can we give you a wii? We each got one (5 guys) at TRU, we waited since 1am and they had 0 PS3's".

How cool! So I was in for a Wii and the difference in cash. When they were short again, they offered a second wii, so we went home with 2 wiis & the cash difference after negotiating in the Target parking lot. How crazy is that?[/quote]
That's awesome!

I've been trying for weeks to get a Wii. Was 10/5 and 8/5 on Black Friday at 2 GameStops and 67/61 that Sunday at Best Buy. Then I was 10/8 at a Target and 18/10 at a Circuit City on the 3rd.

At first I was planning on going out around 5 Sunday morning and checking the lines, but I decided to head out to BB at midnight instead (though I didn't get there until 1:50 because I had to wait for my sister to come back home with the car). I was 11th in line at that time. They ended up having 21 and all were spoken for by about 4-4:30. By the time tickets were passed out at 7:15 there were around 60-70 people in line. A bunch of parents had shown up between 5:20 and 6:00 and they all went home empty handed. To add insult to injury the BB didn't get any of the 20 DS Lites that were promised in the ad.

They lead us back to the speaker section when the store opened and had us go 1 by 1 to pick up accessories and games. I already had Zelda, Madden and a Wiimote so all I needed was a nunchuck. I got the last one of the 4 they had (they had about 10 wiimotes). Sadly I cannot play it until Christmas, but it's still nice to relax knowing I have one.

It seemed many of the locations that I checked out in the morning gave away tickets early (except the best buys). And people were allowed to go home and come back 15 minutes before opening.

4 million wiis by the end of the year? 2 million ps3's by the end of the year? What a bunch of bullshit.

Damn that sucks for all the people who didn't get a Wii. I guess I was very lucky that I got two Wii. Got one at midnight at gamestop and another one from amazon. Sold the second one at a lost to my friend.

I voted for the Wii on amazon vote thing so if I win I'll sell it at cost to a CAG. I can probably check out my local Target, BB, CC, etc tommorrow to see if they have any by chance.

bread's done
Back