(Alternative to VC Controller)Thrust Master wireless gamepad for wii $13.59

[quote name='ItsaMeMario']can you use this to play gamecube games?...[/quote]

Yes, it should work with GameCube games on both Wii and GameCube.

[quote name='Furashu']http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A1302857&s=bsd

use this instead of a gamecube controller/VC controller.

heres reviews

http://gear.ign.com/articles/838/838868p1.html[/quote] HEY! you should say i was the first one to post the deal, but not in the deals forum.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162938

Though why don't you also post the one with free 2 day shipping? (extra 40 cents gives 2 day shipping)

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Gaming_Accessories/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=A1302857

[quote name='mikej012']I used the OP's link and it offered free 3-5 day shipping, plus it has a cheaper price than your link.[/quote] sure, watever, but it's there for people who are willing to pay 40cents for faster shipping. Anyway, i actually did post the deal first.

And i don't get what's up with dell. 15% on home and home office is $2.55, but 15% on small medium business is $3.40? That doesn't add up. They both have the same starting price.

Edit: basically it turns out to this:
If you want the cheapest price:
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A1302857&s=bsd

If you are willing to pay 40cents for faster shipping:
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...oductdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=A1302857

[quote name='blackbird3216']sure, watever, but it's there for people who are willing to pay 40cents for faster shipping. Anyway, i actually did post the deal first.

And i don't get what's up with dell. 15% on home and home office is $2.55, but 15% on small medium business is $3.40? That doesn't add up. They both have the same starting price.

Edit: basically it turns out to this:
If you want the cheapest price:
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A1302857&s=bsd

If you are willing to pay 40cents for faster shipping:
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...oductdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=A1302857[/QUOTE]
Who cares about the first poster? Seriously

[quote name='tayaf69']Who cares about the first poster? Seriously[/QUOTE]
because:
Except i hate it when someoneSPAMS THE FORUMS WITH A RE-POST

In for 2, and just for an update the older link now offers free 2nd day shipping. Definitely worth the extra 44 cents.

[quote name='blackbird3216']because:
Except i hate it when someoneSPAMS THE FORUMS WITH A RE-POST[/quote]

well no one put it in the deals thread so it technically isnt a re-post, i did my searching didnt find crap.

Nice find Furashu, I think I might just pick up a couple.

[quote name='vicious7171']Does no one care that this controller says "Thrust Master" on it?[/quote]
So does the tattoo on my waist.

In for one. Thanks.

I was going to get two, but the IGN review wasn't enough to convince me to plunk down the dough for two of these "Thrustmasters". If I like it, I have a nice replacement for my Wavebird for GC games and certain Wii games, and if I don't, it should still be a nice P2-4 option, especially when Brawl and Mario Kart come out. =]

i want this solely for the 2 over 2 shoulder buttons. im nervous to even TRY DBZ tenkaichi 3 with classic having the charge button be the ZL button. $14 isnt bad at all for it I think, and id turn rumble off anyway for it.

[quote name='62t']i am going to wait for some CAG impression before buying[/quote]

Agree, I do not trust IGN hardware reviews at all.

[quote name='Alucard400']Just bought one. Thanks for the post Blackbird3216.
[/quote]

lol was that intentional?

i dont really care if i get credit or not, this forum has been so great, i just wanted to spread the news on this deal.

my feelings wont be hurt i promise :)

Thanks, but I don't get the point of this product... the CC seems like a nicer fit for classic games, and why would you want one of these if you have a WaveBird? Its like a dual-shock.

It isn't plugged into the wiimote, rumble, programmable buttons, doubles as a gamecube controller if you don't have a wavebird, the turbo function (I don't know what that does exactly), maybe you like the shape better, etc.

I got it because I only have 2 wavebirds and I would love to have 4 wireless controllers for SSBB.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Thanks, but I don't get the point of this product... the CC seems like a nicer fit for classic games, and why would you want one of these if you have a WaveBird? Its like a dual-shock.[/quote]

1) not everyone has a wavebird, and theyre hard to find
2) people dont already own a CC yet and might wanna save like $8.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Thanks, but I don't get the point of this product... the CC seems like a nicer fit for classic games, and why would you want one of these if you have a WaveBird? Its like a dual-shock.[/QUOTE]

Most people have a hard time finding Wavebirds and at this price the controller seems to be a great deal. Plus as mikej012 points out it has rumble and does not plug into a wiimote unlike the classic controller. I bought two simply because I wanted a wireless controller for my gamecube games and brawl when it is released. On the otherhand the big downfall for this (or plus if you look at it differently) is that it is a gamecube controller alternative. So games like Geo. Wars: Galaxies which don't support gamecube controllers are not compatible with this item. Man I wish all companies made gamecube, wiimote, and classic controller standard. Seems like there are a lot of controller options for the Wii. So much for a simplified layout. Scratch my earlier statement. I wish Nintendo would have added more buttons to the wiimote and an analogue stick instead of a d-pad. Imagine the possibilites for fps especially with dual wiimote pointing and free movement on the sticks for looking and movement.

Man I derailed for a second there.

Edit: Damn I took to long to type and Furashu beat me to the punch.

lol prisonerac wow didnt know about it not being compatabile with all games... oh well, im still considering buying one aha

Maybe its me then, I've never had problems finding WaveBirds...they're a little scarce, but I generally run into a couple every month or so.

Let me clarify a little -- is there any difference between this and a third party wireless GC controller aside from a slightly different button layout?

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Maybe its me then, I've never had problems finding WaveBirds...they're a little scarce, but I generally run into a couple every month or so.

Let me clarify a little -- is there any difference between this and a third party wireless GC controller aside from a slightly different button layout?[/quote]

There is rumble in this controller.

I might want to consider purchasing this prior to Brawl.
I'm curious how long the price will stay that much though.

[Edit] ...GOT DANG~! The shipping and tax combined is more than the product's price itself.
Came down to $45.34. F THAT~! Hahahah \:D/

// Roth

Ordered one using the second option for the faster shipping. Here's how it broke down:

T-Wireless Gamepad for Wii
QTY: 1 $16.99
Sub Total $16.99
Total Discounts -$2.55 Sub Total $14.44
Shipping & Handling $12.00 Shipping Discount -$12.00
Tax $1.09 State Environmental Fee
Total $15.53

I ordered one.

The IGN review was kinda scant -- the thing I am most interested in is how the controls, well, control. They spent the least amount of time on that. First party controllers and Logitech set a high standard, and I hope this controller isn't second rate.

It remains to be seen how useful it will be, and what it will work for and what it won't. Here's hopin'.

In for one, and took the 2 day free shiping option...whooot!!!!!!!!!

And I have a wavebird and was always bummed out by the lack of rumble...

Don't get me wrong, the wavebird was excellent, just wish it had the rumble on/off feature.......

I ordered one last night, thanks Blackbird. I don't have a fully operational Wavebird and really don't want to use a wired GCN controller. And wavebirds are too damn expensive. Add to that IGN's positive review and it was a must-buy for me.

[quote name='Vinny']Honestly, that looks like any other shitty third party controller... but it's only $14.:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
QFT. Not sure yet. How soon will they ship? Maybe I'll wait until some of you get yours in.

[quote name='prisonerac']Most people have a hard time finding Wavebirds and at this price the controller seems to be a great deal. Plus as mikej012 points out it has rumble and does not plug into a wiimote unlike the classic controller. I bought two simply because I wanted a wireless controller for my gamecube games and brawl when it is released. On the otherhand the big downfall for this (or plus if you look at it differently) is that it is a gamecube controller alternative. So games like Geo. Wars: Galaxies which don't support gamecube controllers are not compatible with this item. Man I wish all companies made gamecube, wiimote, and classic controller standard. Seems like there are a lot of controller options for the Wii. So much for a simplified layout. Scratch my earlier statement. I wish Nintendo would have added more buttons to the wiimote and an analogue stick instead of a d-pad. Imagine the possibilites for fps especially with dual wiimote pointing and free movement on the sticks for looking and movement.

Man I derailed for a second there.

Edit: Damn I took to long to type and Furashu beat me to the punch.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I almost bought one for Geometry Wars. I guess I'll have to get the Classic Controller instead.

[quote name='Furashu']lol was that intentional?

i dont really care if i get credit or not, this forum has been so great, i just wanted to spread the news on this deal.

my feelings wont be hurt i promise :)[/QUOTE]
ok. You get credit for putting it in the deals forum. Happy? :lol:

I'm kind of at odds,

I like it however:

I have a Wavebird and other GCN wured controllers
Don't have any rechargable AAA batteries
I don't have a VC controller and it'd only be $5 more

[quote name='rdwd39']Ordered one using the second option for the faster shipping. Here's how it broke down:

T-Wireless Gamepad for Wii
QTY: 1 $16.99
Sub Total $16.99
Total Discounts -$2.55 Sub Total $14.44
Shipping & Handling $12.00 Shipping Discount -$12.00
Tax $1.09 State Environmental Fee
Total $15.53[/QUOTE]
what's a state environmental fee? And roth. Just pick free shipping.

bread's done
Back