always ask for pictures first

How much did you pay for it? If it was $40 shipped as indicated by the thread, I'd say it was a pretty good score on your end.

it wasnt 35 shipped it was $40 shipped.

edit the one that is troubling me is the no bar code , serial #. wouldnt that indicate that it was a stolen item? He didnt mention that part in the thread

Good GOD! My friend's brother (I shit you not) used a nail for the stylus on his DS and it was all jacked up. He called Nintendo, paid $35 plus shipping, and they replaced the screen. This though.. I dunno. Maybe one of those push-pull-or-drag your games in for trade deals..

[quote name='boyboy1080']if you see in the picture it also has a broken hinge[/quote]

ugh, okay, this thing's getting worse by the second. it sounded okay at first, but....

scratched DS, broken hinge, no power supply.... no, i wouldn't pay 40 bucks for that. send the guy a turd in a box for payment.

[quote name='allyourblood']ugh, okay, this thing's getting worse by the second. it sounded okay at first, but....

scratched DS, broken hinge, no power supply.... no, i wouldn't pay 40 bucks for that. send the guy a turd in a box for payment.[/quote]
Ha! Same here. It's like I was drunk with Cheaposity when I first saw the price. Now that I'm sobering up, I wouldn't pay $35 either. :lol:

[quote name='boyboy1080']it wasnt 35 shipped it was $40 shipped.

edit the one that is troubling me is the no bar code , serial #. wouldnt that indicate that it was a stolen item? He didnt mention that part in the thread[/QUOTE]

The barcode comes off fairly easy from cleaning it with water. There is a flimsy plastic seal over the barcode. if you remove it, like my nephew did, then clean it the barcode comes right off. Maybe he took care of it too much :lol: :lol: :lol:

when i asked him about the problems i have been having with the ds. he said that it probably happened during shipping and that i didnt ask for insurance.

But on the messages about the item he said he was going to send it with delivery confirmation and insurance and i have proof of it

How does that happen without the guy running it over with his car or something crazy like that?

The guy has been really active on GameTZ too, generally positive ratings, but a few glaring negatives. A few days ago, someone gave him a BTR over a game he said was mint but was probably a piece of garbage Gamestop copy. His response?

"um. no i can refund you seven bucks, but a btr over condition with out speaking to me prior is retarded "

Well then...

Anyway, no barcode is definitely worth bringing up to the moderators over there. I wouldn't say it's definitely a stolen item, though. BTW, I might put my silver DS on my trade/sell list, so if you end up needing another, let me know. Mine is actually in solid shape, so I'd probably sell for more than $40 (most likely $70ish shipped).

[quote name='pimpinc333']The barcode comes off fairly easy from cleaning it with water. There is a flimsy plastic seal over the barcode. if you remove it, like my nephew did, then clean it the barcode comes right off. Maybe he took care of it too much :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

My barcode came off my DS as well. It's funny, my DS itself is mint but from playing it so much the barcode just eventually wore off after the plastic came off.

I'm almost afraid to ask how the screens look with the case in that kind of condition, but I'm too curious not to ask.

wow.....

not sure if they have the phat case replacement ( i know they have for dSL) try google it.. they may have cooler color also.. good luck

I might've been willing to deal with the junkyness of it if it had the charger but as it stands, you got a 40 dollar brick.

[quote name='boyboy1080']when i asked him about the problems i have been having with the ds. he said that it probably happened during shipping and that i didnt ask for insurance.

But on the messages about the item he said he was going to send it with delivery confirmation and insurance and i have proof of it[/quote]

Call him out on it. There's no way in hell someone should pay for something that is mostly stolen considering the condition it's in. If it said w/ charger in the title(which it does), I'd expect the charger to be shipped with it. File a BTR on his ass to get him to either send the charger(if you still want it), or send back and file a Paypal dispute stating item was not as described(which from the trade, it looks like it was paid by paypal).

I've got one in slightly better cosmetic condition then this. My bar code has worn off too, and I don't have any stylus', but they can be bought for like 5 bucks. Anyone wanna give me 40 bucks for it?

If nothing, I'd raise hell about it over the GTZ forums. Post that picture and all that jazz... that thing's definitely not in fair condition.

[quote name='Rozz']My barcode came off my DS as well. It's funny, my DS itself is mint but from playing it so much the barcode just eventually wore off after the plastic came off.[/quote]

Yeah, it's more common than people think. My GBC and GBA barcodes both wore off because of many hours of use, and the same thing happened with my nephews' GBA SP.

Many hours of your hands sliding over those barcodes will make them come right off. The only reason my DS barcode hasn't is because my fingers don't fall over it, but many other people have bigger fingers than I do.

haha mbrownn.. that guy is an asshole.

I called him out on a negative feedback he had on TGN after he was asking for $360 and he would pay them back $400. He proceeded to swear at me and say im making him look bad or what not.. i agree with the other poster in here - you should really post this in the gametz fourms. Thats really far from fair condition..

My serial # on my original DS eventually rubbed off as well, everything about it is in perfect condition but that.

Edit: Hmm, have you thought about buying a replacement case? You'll have to take the DS apart, but I'm sure it can't be all that difficult.

[quote name='CitizenB']$40 ain't bad. Hell thats a little more then the price of a game.

I'll take a ds for $40.[/quote]

in that condition?? if so, i've got some beach-front property in South Florida i'd like to sell you.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']haha mbrownn.. that guy is an asshole.

I called him out on a negative feedback he had on TGN after he was asking for $360 and he would pay them back $400. He proceeded to swear at me and say im making him look bad or what not.. i agree with the other poster in here - you should really post this in the gametz fourms. Thats really far from fair condition..[/QUOTE]

He managed to get a loan for $400 from another guy at GameTZ, still a pending trade. Hope it all works out for the other guy...

[quote name='allyourblood']in that condition?? if so, i've got some beach-front property in South Florida i'd like to sell you.[/quote]

:lol:

$40 dollars isnt that bad for a beated up one that you got. I do understand what you mean about how the sell should have been more describtive on the item. But you know what they say you get what you pay for.

I'm in the middle of a trade with this guy and I'm really scared. He's already received (even if it doesn't say so on the trade screen).

He kind of gave me a hard time when I asked about the condition of the games, but he said he only played them like 2 times each (but that's what everyone says when it looks fine).

Anyways, wish me luck on getting my stuff without any problems

[quote name='chargeup45']He managed to get a loan for $400 from another guy at GameTZ, still a pending trade. Hope it all works out for the other guy...[/quote]

Nope, the guy just filed had a BTR against him for cause he hasn't been paid back. :wall:

Seems like the guy can't seem to get his crap right. I bet he leaves the other guy hanging with the $420.

That DS looks like it belonged to his retarded brother Bilo.

How do you get scratches like that on the outside? Did he use it to sand the quarterpanel on his car?

mbrown left gtz i dont know where he is know, he stole wcmikers $400. but it was kinda of stud of mike to lend the $400 paypal loan in the first place. I hope mbrown get's his balls chopped off.

[quote name='boyboy1080']mbrown left gtz i dont know where he is know, he stole wcmikers $400. but it was kinda of stud of mike to lend the $400 paypal loan in the first place. I hope mbrown get's his balls chopped off.[/quote]
I figured that would happen. There's a reason why the Paypal loan thread there ask for a gold star or at least be active there for a year. Mbrown was there less than 3 months and the fucker ripped someone off $400. I hope wcmiker has the cops arrest his ass and mbrown gets raped in jail.

I have a ds phat in great condition except you have to use headphones to hear anything from it. I have the charger for it also. I would let it go for $45 shipped heh.

bread's done
Back