Am I going to get screwed on this?

Aganar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I was doing my daily search for rare PS1 games, and stumbled across this guy selling a copy of Parasite Eve II with the strategy guide for $30 (which is incredibly low considering what it usually goes for). The auction can be seen here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=310032144418&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=021

Now, here's my problem which I realized immediately after buying it (it was in the back of my head AS I clicking to buy it, but on the offchance there was nothing actually wrong with the item I didn't want someone else to nab it while I was trying to contact the seller):

1. The item description doesn't actually say "Parasite Eve II" anywhere--it just says "Parasite Eve". This could mean he simply wrote a hasty description and figured the picture would do the explaining, but I then realized he might actually only be selling Parasite Eve 1 and simply used a stock photo which happened to be of 2. In which case, I bought a useless item, as I already have 1. I haven't paid the guy yet--I'm currently e-mailing him about this matter, but if I'm right and he used the wrong stock photo I don't have to pay him, right? That's false advertising.

2. I glanced at his feedback, and, as I feared, he seems like a liar. Several people have mentioned that he lists his item descriptions as "New" when they're clearly not; this might also explain why he's selling the item for so cheap. It could be scratched to all hell and not working. That doesn't bother me too much, because I could easily make a Paypal claim saying that "He advertised the game as 'new' condition and it's clearly not," but I'm afraid if I do he'll leave me negative feedback, because he's a dick. Is there some way I can be protected against that? It's not fair that my perfect feedback rating will get destroyed simply because he's an asshole.

Thanks for your help, guys. I hope none of my fears come to fruition, but I've dealt with crooked ebay sellers enough to know that something's not right about this deal.

Damn.. I wanted to say: "Your ass is gonna get rammed hard". But no. Anyhow, after checking it out, you should be fine. The guy has 99% feedback, which is highly good, considering all the things he's sold. In fact, he's sold like 40 things in March.

As an extra security, if by the off-chance he screws you over, paypal covers you up to $2,000. You're fine. Also, if he sends you the wrong game, you can also file a dispute. There's an option for like "Item not as described".

I was simply more concerned that I'm going to file a claim and he's going to leave me bad feedback.

When's that policy going to go into effect where sellers can't leave feedback?

bread's done
Back