Am I screwed from this ebay fraud?

mgsvr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
So I won two copies of Killzone 2 ($60 value) from this one seller. Instead of paying for each individual item, I used ebay's feature that a buyer can pay for both in one checkout. One week later I received his package; however, there is only 1 game.

I went to my email and received a Paypal shipping notification like this:

Seller's Name: Osmani Piedra
Seller's Email: [email protected]
Transaction ID: 50X16186PV5748141
Transaction Date: Jun. 29, 2009 21:09:25 PDT
Transaction Amount: $60.98 USD

On the shipping page it stated that the seller shipped me a 1lb package.

So, how can ebay knows that this seller shipped me 2 games? Is there anyway I can prove to Paypal/ebay for this? I think I'm screwed with this ebay's one time checkout when you buy multiple items.

If he's an honest seller, he will send you the second copy that you paid for. I forgot to send out a second wavebird once when someone ordered two from me and I quickly sent out the second once the seller notified me. Paypal updated its look and feel during the last month and it has made it less noticeable when buyers order multiples of items.

I typically give 48 hours in-between emails for replies (not everyone can get on every day.) If he doesn't answer by Monday afternoon, send one last email telling him you'll file a dispute if you don't hear from him in 48 hours (be apologectic about it.) Be sure you follow through if you need to.

Mistakes can happen. I have a trade on gametz right now where I sent someone a DS game and forgot to put the DS game in the case. Have to mail it out to him now. My fault as i keep most of my DS games in a DS game holder and I must have forgotten to check to see if it was in the case.

Anyways if this guy does alot of sales its quite possible he was just packing up and didn't realize you bought 2 copies.

Yea if its only been a day since you sent the e-mail, give the guy the benefit of the doubt for now unless something seems shady (bunch of negative or only a handful of ratings). Shit happens and hopefully hell just correct his mistake. Otherwise im pretty sure theres another thread about being screwed on ebay/any trading site.

Very interested to see how this turns out as I am contemplating buying a few games from this seller. Question I have is how the heck can he sell these brand new big name games for so cheap??!?

if he doesnt respond or fails to send the game, file a paypal complaint. It usually gets handled that way.

bread's done
Back