Am I screwed out of EB credit?

Moses144

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Back when they had that coupon for adding $20 for a system trade in, I traded in my PS2. I know I shouldn't have done this because I could get more elsewhere and they called it broken because the back thing was taken off. Anyroad, after the trade in, I think they put the credit on the receipt, but they didn't tell me that at the time. I've lost the receipt, simply because I thought I had the credit on my account. I mean, I did tell them all my info. Is my credit on their computer? Was it on that receipt, dooming me? Tell this CAG what to do, please!

[quote name='Moses144']Back when they had that coupon for adding $20 for a system trade in, I traded in my PS2. I know I shouldn't have done this because I could get more elsewhere and they called it broken because the back thing was taken off. Anyroad, after the trade in, I think they put the credit on the receipt, but they didn't tell me that at the time. I've lost the receipt, simply because I thought I had the credit on my account. I mean, I did tell them all my info. Is my credit on their computer? Was it on that receipt, dooming me? Tell this CAG what to do, please![/QUOTE]

If it was a EB they usually put it on your EBedge card. Still if this was a while back I doubt they will help you without a receipt, and if you had one I still think they would give you a hard time.

All credit is put onto the Edge cards. If you have lost the card, don't know what recourse you may have. Try customer service?

I will tell you what they tell me when I go to Gamestop and trade things in "The receipt is your money, don't lose it" So basicly that receipt IS your money. To lose it is like losing real money. >.> Then again, I always use the credit the day of or the day after I get it.

[quote name='pop311']do you need an edge card to trade in stuff?[/quote]

No.

BTW, not all stores do the credit on card thing.

OP, Call your eb games OP annd ask if it is in the system

If you lose the credit, they can call help desk to get the number ONLY if you have the receipt that shows the trade in value. But as you lost the original receipt they can't do shit about it.

This reminds me, I scan all my receipt into my computer that had credit on them just in case I lose them or the receipt get's messed up. I noticed the ink on Gamestop receipt were disapearing like a couple years ago so I started scanning everything.

yea, that crappy thermal paper sucks...my wife set down a plate of hot food on my $130 credit slip i had just got and when i realized what she did i saw that half the receipt was gone and it was only about a min after she put the plate down...but not the half that had the barcode info, luckily

bread's done
Back