Am I stuck with this playstation?

Noogums

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I bought 120gb ps3 the day it came out and lost interest in it soon after. It has been sitting on my shelf collecting dust for about 4 months. I have the console, 10 games, the sony bluetooth mic, hdmi cable and a controller and just want to get rid of it all at once.

I refuse to sell it on ebay with their "9% value fee" or whatever that is. I've never sold anything on ebay before but I am not about to give them $30-$40 of my sale. That is BS.

I won't sell it on Craigslist. I tried that about a month ago. I got too many spammers and about 6 people who never showed.

I will not sell it on here. It's just too much to risk.

I would prefer to sell it all at once but I'm open to any suggestions at this point. I'm trying to avoid getting all that credit for Gamestop. I need the money for my new hobby- my car.

Where can I unload this thing?

Just out of curiosity, how much would I get for everything at GS? The games are:
Little Big Planet
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Metal Gear Solid 4
Motor Storm Pacific Rift
Valkyria Chronicles
Batman Arkham Asylum
The Bigs 2 (still sealed)
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Dead Space
Infamous
(plus the console and other things, obviously)

If you're looking to get cash, you could list it on half or Amazon, but you'll pay for it. You could also sell it here, and not accept payment from anyone without a high rating.

"I will not sell it on here. It's just too much to risk."

Thanks for your faith in this community. I dont know what your risk is by selling it here since you have to pay nothing to sell it here and when you sell something you get paid BEFORE you ship the item.

"I won't do here/Amazon/Craigslist/I don't really want to sell it, I just wanted to post my list of crap I have"

[quote name='Spyder187']"I will not sell it on here. It's just too much to risk."

Thanks for your faith in this community. I dont know what your risk is by selling it here since you have to pay nothing to sell it here and when you sell something you get paid BEFORE you ship the item.[/QUOTE]

It's not that I don't have faith in this community, but its like $300-$400 worth of stuff. I don't think somebody would have a problem giving up a "reputable account" on this forum in exchange for all my stuff.

From what I've seen, people want the lower rep'd people to ship first.

I guess I could list it here, but do you think some one would be willing to send a check or MO before I send my stuff?

[quote name='Noogums']

Just out of curiosity, how much would I get for everything at GS? [/QUOTE]

Some advice... go ask them yourself.

I love how you won't sell it here (because we all clearly are criminals/scammers) but yet you trust us enough to look up the values of all your shit.: "Just out of curiosity, how much would I get for everything at GS?"

[quote name='georox']Some advice... go ask them yourself.[/QUOTE]

Oh no you DIDN'T!
--------------------------------------

Paypal is your friend.

[quote name='Noogums']It's not that I don't have faith in this community, but its like $300-$400 worth of stuff. I don't think somebody would have a problem giving up a "reputable account" on this forum in exchange for all my stuff.

I guess I could list it here, but do you think some one would be willing to send a check or MO before I send my stuff?[/QUOTE]

Usually it's only trades that people ask the lower feedback to ship first. If it's a sale the buyer almost always pays first and then the seller ships. In your case though you only have 1 feedback so you'll probably have some trouble finding someone willing to pay you that much money for something when you have basically no feedback.

[quote name='mission42']Usually it's only trades that people ask the lower feedback to ship first. If it's a sale the buyer almost always pays first and then the seller ships. In your case though you only have 1 feedback so you'll probably have some trouble finding someone willing to pay you that much money for something when you have basically no feedback.[/QUOTE]

Especially if he wants check or MO. In that case, there's no protection for the buyer at all.
If you'd accept paypal you'd be way more likely to receive good offers.

The only good deal from GS you'd get for any of that would be for the PS3, since they're running that promo. Unless you stack with edge and run into anothe rgood promo for the games, there's no way you'll get anything close to what those games are worth through them. It's quite ridiculous how little GS gives for game trade ins unless they're new releases... I haven't traded in anything in years because of this.

[quote name='Noogums']It's not that I don't have faith in this community, but its like $300-$400 worth of stuff. I don't think somebody would have a problem giving up a "reputable account" on this forum in exchange for all my stuff.

I guess I could list it here, but do you think some one would be willing to send a check or MO before I send my stuff?[/QUOTE]

Sending a check isn't so bad I guess as its traceable when cashed but I don't think anyone is going to send you a money order first before you send your stuff, like you yourself said it's too much risk for a transaction like that especially with a M/O. But people paypal/amazon high amounts for stuff all the time without any issue, I've done several large transactions both paying first and being paid first and haven't had a single issue. Not saying that sometimes people have bad experiences here; but there is a lot of great people on this site that have no intention of ripping anyone off. I guess its just up to you to 'feel' out the other person before going through with a trade. As a thought you could always have the deal be like UPS/FEd Ex shipping and request C.O.D; I mean that way is less risk for both parties involved somewhat.

[quote name='Mixer236']Especially if he wants check or MO. In that case, there's no protection for the buyer at all.
If you'd accept paypal you'd be way more likely to receive good offers.

The only good deal from GS you'd get for any of that would be for the PS3, since they're running that promo. Unless you stack with edge and run into anothe rgood promo for the games, there's no way you'll get anything close to what those games are worth through them. It's quite ridiculous how little GS gives for game trade ins unless they're new releases... I haven't traded in anything in years because of this.[/QUOTE]
He wants money which mean GS isn't going to give any promos and he'll get 20% less than if he took credit.

If you want cash definiely don't go to gamestop, if you think the trade in values are bs you should see there cash values. a few years ago i brought like 40 cib ps2 games in to see what i would get, the guy said i would get twenty some dollars for all of them so i obviously walked away. i can't believe they get away with this shit, pay $60 for a game and it's worth $30 the next day. other than selling to someone yourself offline you shot down every option in your initial post. you could sell on other forums but you probably wouldn't trust those people either. forums, craigslist, or ebay are your only real options online. bundle a few games and you would probably get the most cash from ebay, of course you'll have to pay fees from both ebay and paypal but the extra profit could cancel them out.

[quote name='Noogums']
I refuse to sell it on ebay with their "9% value fee" or whatever that is. I've never sold anything on ebay before but I am not about to give them $30-$40 of my sale. That is BS.
[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry that you think eBay advertising your item for you is bullshit. That's what you're paying for. You're not paying for the "right" to sell on their site. You're paying for the advertising they are doing for your item(s). Get over it and pay the final value fee or you're going to be stuck with a PS3.

If you're really "bored" of your PS3, you're clearly not playing the right games, or you're not giving truly great games a real chance. I'm gonna guess you're like everyone else who prefers the 360 to the PS3, and it's because all of your friends are on Live and not PSN. Once you stop giving a fuck about where your asshat friends are, you'll realize that the PS3 has a ton of potential and some truly great games that the 360 can't compare to.

To each his own though. Asking for advice and saying that you refuse to sell it to anyone from the CAG community is a total slap in the face. I'd humbly request you go fuck yourself with a clawhammer.

[quote name='DarkRider23']I'm sorry that you think eBay advertising your item for you is bullshit. That's what you're paying for. You're not paying for the "right" to sell on their site. You're paying for the advertising they are doing for your item(s). Get over it and pay the final value fee or you're going to be stuck with a PS3.[/QUOTE]

This. Even with the fees you will get more than you will get here, and much more than gamestop. And the longer you hold on to the game and system the more likely their value will decease

Based on what you want, I would do two things simultaneously:

1. Keep it on Craigslist: Eventually (if the offer is right) you will catch a fish.
2. List it here with your criteria (Must pay 1st, etc, etc.). Many will probably run due to the feedback, but you only need 1 person to bite/ show interest to sell it.

Worst case scenario, your item is "out there" while you weigh your other options.

So, you want to sell your PS3, but you aren't willing to sell it on the internet or even through Craigslist. Good luck with that.

Go to your local newspaper and take out an ad for the week, guaranteed it costs more than Ebay.

If you dont want any hassle, then trade the stuff in to Gamestop or Amazon.

I would keep trying craigslist personally. Perhaps sell the system alone on it, trade in the games since it might be easier to just sell the system without the added price of games.

The OP could also try either Gazelle.com or EZTradein.com as they offer CASH for your items. However, EZTradein.com's offer for a slim PS3 is somewhere around $135 and that's for a system with TWO controllers and 1-3 games sent in with the system.

You can never usually get what you paid for your items, though it does NOT hurt to try.

As for the 'not wanting to sell on Ebay, Craigslist or here' thing, you have to put up with alot of shit and shit offers before you might get one that you'll finally take and be happy with.

Don't be afraid to say NO(or go fuck yourself as I think I told some folks)and stick to your guns on what you want to get for your items.

Gamestop is giving you $200 credit on any PS3 traded in. Hope it helps. And too bad you don't trust this community cuz you could make more on here

[quote name='xilly']If you're really "bored" of your PS3, you're clearly not playing the right games, or you're not giving truly great games a real chance. I'm gonna guess you're like everyone else who prefers the 360 to the PS3, and it's because all of your friends are on Live and not PSN. Once you stop giving a fuck about where your asshat friends are, you'll realize that the PS3 has a ton of potential and some truly great games that the 360 can't compare to.

To each his own though. Asking for advice and saying that you refuse to sell it to anyone from the CAG community is a total slap in the face. I'd humbly request you go fuck yourself with a clawhammer.[/QUOTE]

The top paragraph of your post was one of the most idiotic statements I have seen on CAG in a while (granted I don't read it as much due to post such as this one). No where did the OP mention anything about a 360, they said they needed money for their new hobby... THEIR CAR!! (finish reading before you jump into Sony fanboy mode).

As for the OP, if you don't want to pay listing fees or risk getting ripped off, your best bet is going to be Craigslist for the most value/safest way to do it. Of course, with a high dollar purchase like that most buyers will want to test it, so offer a meet-up at a public place that will allow you to hook everything up. Also, selling a system on CAG is going to be pretty difficult with such low feedback. Regardless of what anyone else says, not too many people are going to jump at the chance to pay you first for $300-$400 worth of stuff for the simple fact that it is too risky for them as well, especially with the forms of payment you are requesting.

This is just what I would suggest personally.
First, get rid of some of your games via here or Craigslist. I'm sure you can get about $15 a piece for most of those games (LBP, MGS 4, Dead Space, Infamous)
Second, bundle the rest of your stuff and place it here or Craigslist for close to the value you want (A little over on Craigslist so you can haggle to a price you are willing to do)
No one really wants a big bundle of PS3 stuff unless most of it feels free. I still don't see getting more than $400 for everything you have no matter how you sell it at this point.

How much were you asking on craigslist? I know quite a few people have sold there PS3 via craigslist in my area. I say this because they told me it is sold when I e-mail them :roll:

you'd likely get a lot more if you break it up. Sounds like you are trying to accumulate cash to pay for car stuff. selling games and console separately would be my suggestion.

On Ebay you dont pay the fees the CUSTOMER does. You figure it into your price. Everybody knows what a PS3 costs new Everybody Knows what a used ps3 on gamestop/amazon and ebay go for. If these prices are not appealing im sorry its the current market. Sorry if your not happy with the prices/fees but it is what it is. The longer you hold onto it the lower the value will be on all that stuff GUARNTEED. Goodluck on whatever path you take.

I dont know where you live, however, you could sell it to a mom/pop videogame store, barracks/pawn store, or have a garage sale. Dont know what else to tell you but i hope it helps

[quote name='xilly']If you're really "bored" of your PS3, you're clearly not playing the right games, or you're not giving truly great games a real chance. I'm gonna guess you're like everyone else who prefers the 360 to the PS3, and it's because all of your friends are on Live and not PSN. Once you stop giving a fuck about where your asshat friends are, you'll realize that the PS3 has a ton of potential and some truly great games that the 360 can't compare to.
[/QUOTE]

I'm going to have to let all of my so-called friends know that this entire time they have been asshats and holding me back from truly great games. They will understand though, as the word of yet another Sony fanboy is more important than all the years of friendship we have gone through previously.

Anybody want to buy a 360 and a few dozen games? I won't be needing them anymore.

bread's done
Back