Amazing display of Oblivion's graphics

aaa

CAGiversary!
http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/media_movies.htm

The server is taking a beating, so click the link below to download.

http://files.filefront.com/countdown_1weekwmv/;4880092;;/fileinfo.html

The game looks fantastic to me. Probably the best looking game yet for XBOX 360. Next week should be a good one. :)

6 Days Left:
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/10476/New-Oblivion-Media/

5 Days Left:
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1688
Looks great. I guess we will be getting a video a day until Tuesday.

That video seems to completely fly in the face of that guy who played the latest preview build, then posted on his blog about how the draw distance is terrible, and that entire sides of mountains will just pop right into the scenery.

Anyone know if that video was for the PC, or 360 version of the game?

well, that was a cool 2 seconds...though i can't stand the gameplay of ES games, I really wanna see this in action on a widescreen TV at 720p.

I'm impressed with the visuals in that :30 clip for the most part.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']That video seems to completely fly in the face of that guy who played the latest preview build, then posted on his blog about how the draw distance is terrible, and that entire sides of mountains will just pop right into the scenery.
[/quote]
There were no enemies or other actions going on in it, however. Perhaps there truly are framerate and draw-distance issues in the actual game?

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Anyone know if that video was for the PC, or 360 version of the game?[/QUOTE]

What he said - or to paraphrase Pulp Fiction..."let's not start sucking the game's dick yet."

[quote name='KaneRobot']What he said - or to paraphrase Pulp Fiction..."let's not start sucking the game's dick yet."[/QUOTE]

WHY NOT!? IT'S SO DELICIOUS!!! >_

I really want this game to be good. I'm mixed on whether or not to get it.

I have 20+ RPG's from the PSone, PS2, Xbox and Cube I haven't played. I do not play offline only games anymore, they just bore me.

I love what they're putting in the $70 collector's edition and would love to have it. I just don't think I love it enough for $ 70.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']I really want this game to be good. I'm mixed on whether or not to get it.

I have 20+ RPG's from the PSone, PS2, Xbox and Cube I haven't played. I do not play offline only games anymore, they just bore me.

I love what they're putting in the $70 collector's edition and would love to have it. I just don't think I love it enough for $ 70.[/QUOTE]

What exactly is in the CE version? Time's a nearing and I need to have a decision made

eh, I don't care much about the packaging, but I usually find Making Of stuff interesting... and I'm weird in that I have to have the best version of stuff so I'd be buying the CE regardless.

Holy moley!

@ VanillaGorilla: Not sure which actual preview you are refering, but I believe every preview I have read thus far, whether from OXM, 1Up, or a dozen other places, they've all said it was still not a final build that they played. Maybe they've fixed up at least some of the major ticks with the game in the mean time.

Original Post is updated with new video. It seems like there will be 1 video for everyday until Tuesday. I'll keep this thread updated with new videos daily.

Wait, you can get a horse?!?! I really can't think of what might make this game better. Well flying would be pretty cool, maybe they reveal that in the video on tuesday?

This game seriously looks like its going to be the GTA of RPGs.

Actually, I wanna kill all the people in a town one by one and see what happens. I don't even like playing the evil side in games where you have that option... just wanna kill some bitches.

[quote name='Chacrana']Actually, I wanna kill all the people in a town one by one and see what happens. I don't even like playing the evil side in games where you have that option... just wanna kill some bitches.[/QUOTE]

Cast paralysis and set their dog on fire!

Or cast paralysis and push them down the stairs

[quote name='Scorch']Cast paralysis and set their dog on fire!

Or cast paralysis and push them down the stairs[/QUOTE]

Are you actually able to cast paralysis on people in the game though? Because if you can, then yes, killing a dog would be wicked. Or if they're reading a book you take it and throw it in the fire place.

Eh, I still think it'd be cooler to kill everyone off one by one... striking at the same time every night.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Wait, are you guys saying you can actually kill NPC?!? How much better does this game get?[/QUOTE]

The only people you can't kill are those critical to the main storyline. But yeah, you can murder people for fun.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Wait, are you guys saying you can actually kill NPC?!? How much better does this game get?[/QUOTE]

I take it Oblivion is your first Elder Scrolls game?

And in Morrowind you could kill people critical to the main storyline, right? You would just break the whole game and never be able to finish the story.

[quote name='Roufuss']I take it Oblivion is your first Elder Scrolls game?

And in Morrowind you could kill people critical to the main storyline, right? You would just break the whole game and never be able to finish the story.[/QUOTE]

All I remember about Morrowind is that the combat was terrible. Oblivion really looks like a perfected Morrowind.

[quote name='Chacrana']Yeah, March is fucking ridiculous. My wallet actually tried to stab me with a knife earlier today.[/QUOTE]
Well, I'm not doing too bad. In March I've bought Burnout Revenge 360, GR:AW 360, and Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence LE for a grand total of less than $15 out of pocket thanks to all the tradein deals at gamestop.

Today's video has combat... and yeah, looks good like the rest of the game. I cannot fucking wait until next week. This game comes out just in time for my Spring Break.

[quote name='Chacrana']Eh, I still think it'd be cooler to kill everyone off one by one... striking at the same time every night.[/quote]

Become a virtual serial killer, huh? I like the sound of that...

[quote name='Stuka']Become a virtual serial killer, huh? I like the sound of that...[/QUOTE]

All the fun of being a serial killer without the messy cleanup!

The stuff you guys are talking about doing when you get this game is all pretty sick but dam is it hilarious and sounds like a lot of fun.

bread's done
Back