Amazing SNES Collection on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

daminion

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180229203355&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008

Interesting story to go with it:

Background #1 – You may wonder why I would spend the time/effort/money building this collection, then sell it… I started this collection for my grandchildren, (we have 9, and 1 on the way)! I came across a fishing camp for sale (which is my dream) on Pearl River, unselfishly I asked the grandkid’s that are old enough to decide for me as I would have to sell the SNES collection to pay for it. Unselfishly, my grandkid’s decided to go fishing with PAW-PAW!!!

Background #2 – While researching the sale of my collection, I found only one of its kind that sold on Ebay. It advertised a collection of 720 boxed games. This did not include console or any accessories, Miracle Piano, Batter-Up Bat, Super Scope Rifle, etc… I remember this auction. Although games where boxed, some were missing manuals if memory serves me right but the collection still sold for $15,600. The Ebay listing was #110102580135 that sold on 21 March 2007. I also found an article describing this auction at WWW.SOFTPEDIA.COM.

Incredible. That's one cool grandpa :)

wow.. amazing.. anyone who can religiously collect every game that comes out on a system is incredible in my book.. and the SNES.. probably the best console of all time.

Damn, I have all those games, and it only cost me a nights worth of bandwidth...

Good luck to him, though...I'm sure a rich collector will stumble across the auction and bid for it, but other than that, I can't imagine any one caring about outdated games, besides someone solely looking to have a pretentious unused display in their garage.

[quote name='McNutsack']I can't imagine any one caring about outdated games, besides someone solely looking to have a pretentious unused display in their garage.[/quote]

You're kidding, right?

[quote name='McNutsack']Damn, I have all those games, and it only cost me a nights worth of bandwidth...

Good luck to him, though...I'm sure a rich collector will stumble across the auction and bid for it, but other than that, I can't imagine any one caring about outdated games, besides someone solely looking to have a pretentious unused display in their garage.[/quote]
Yea but that's illegal! It's better to have a closet full of snes games than to have the entire snes library on your PSP!

wow mcnutsack.. "no one cares about old games".. uh.. play games for another 10 years and then say that you don't care about how much fun you had on halo 3 or COD 4 .. i'm pretty sure 5 years from now i would still like Half Life 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back