Amazon 11 am PDT - Gold Box deal on GTA: Episodes from Liberty City - $25.00

[quote name='gantt']Should you have finished the original GTA4 before these, or are they completely separate stories?[/QUOTE]

Anyone? I know it doesn't require the disc or saves, but are the stories built on GTA4?

I'll probably pass regardless, as I don't like rewarding Amazon for not matching their previous Lightning Deal on this (not like that was Black Friday).

should i pick it up then? i kinda got bored of the gta story fast and i am running a little low on space on my hard drive (7 gig left)
off topic:speaking of hard drives, i got a 15 gig hard drive in 08 and my neighbor got a 30 or 60 gig i think he said with the same bundle last year, was i sapposed to get a 15gig?

[quote name='gantt']Anyone? I know it doesn't require the disc or saves, but are the stories built on GTA4?

I'll probably pass regardless, as I don't like rewarding Amazon for not matching their previous Lightning Deal on this (not like that was Black Friday).[/QUOTE]

Its basically just 1 disc, with 2 stories on it. About 6-8 hrs of gameplay each, with their own achievements. Don't need GTA4 to play these.

[quote name='mitnosi']Its basically just 1 disc, with 2 stories on it. About 6-8 hrs of gameplay each, with their own achievements. Don't need GTA4 to play these.[/QUOTE]
oh i thought it was downloaded off the disk (like the game of the year addon disks) i think i may actuly pick it up then, thanks!

[quote name='jab1235']oh i thought it was downloaded off the disk (like the game of the year addon disks) i think i may actuly pick it up then, thanks![/QUOTE]
Nope it plays off the disc, and no problem.

As it's been stated, it's been $20 on Amazon before. If you've waited this long it's probably not a bad idea to wait a little longer.

[quote name='Oceaniax']As it's been stated, it's been $20 on Amazon before. If you've waited this long it's probably not a bad idea to wait a little longer.[/QUOTE]
Is $5 really worth waiting for?

I threw one in my cart, but I don't know if I will order it or not. How fun is Gay Tony and Lost and Dammed compared to the main GTA IV game?

[quote name='Sigma']Is $5 really worth waiting for?

I threw one in my cart, but I don't know if I will order it or not. How fun is Gay Tony and Lost and Dammed compared to the main GTA IV game?[/QUOTE]

It's certainly not a big deal if you've been wanting this for awhile, but if you're on the fence and have plenty of other games to play, all i'm saying is that better deals will come. As for Gay Tony......it's not superb. It could be because by the time I reached that particular piece of DLC I was GTAIV'd out, but it feels relatively stale. It doesn't add as much unique stuff like Lost & Damned did.

Could be cheaper, but the episodes are so much fun, it's better than most $60 games.

I got this for $20 when TRU had the $20 off a $39.99+ game when you purchased Assassin's Creed II deal back in Nov 2009. The ACII purchase also came with a $10 TRU giftcard.

It's gotta be special coz it's in the Dold Box.

Thanks OP! I've not finished the main game and I don't have much HDD space to download the DLC off the MarketPlace either. Placed my order and my Amazon PRIME trial expires at the end of this month. Nice deal! :)

I'm in... $25.00 is a great deal. If you can get through it relatively fast, it's at $17.50 trade-in!

= $7.50 for 2 great games!

Ordered about two hours ago, thanks OP.

Planned on buying Episodes sometime back but lack of HDD space stopped me (come'on price drops).
Totally forgot that the disc version is standalone, for some reason kept thinking it was like the Shivering Isles disc in the Oblivion GOTY Edition.

bread's done
Back