Amazon 12/05/11 DOTW - Toy Story Ultimate Toybox - $49.99.

It's a good deal, but for me, the packaging kills it. If I have to devise a "place of honor" to keep these instead of on a shelf with all the other movies, I'm out.

Thar has to be one of the worst packaging jobs I've ever seen. What were they thinking?

Look at this shit, yes those are discs just stuck into a plain ugly foam:

61LUdhs0W0L.jpg

[quote name='Vegan']It's a good deal, but for me, the packaging kills it. If I have to devise a "place of honor" to keep these instead of on a shelf with all the other movies, I'm out.[/QUOTE]

Same. I hate non-standard packaging.

Being in a small condo, space is at a premium. If it can't just go on the shelf with the rest of my movies, I don't buy it. And the smaller packaging the better for boxed sets. really like the book style packing for the Star Wars saga and Alien Quadrilogy. Nice looking, and doesn't take up much space.

wow that packaging job is hideous. Probably the worst I've ever seen... No sleeves for the discs, just stick them right into foam? Foam can still scratch them -.-. Poor form Disney/Pixar, poor form

[quote name='Darknuke']wow that packaging job is hideous. Probably the worst I've ever seen... No sleeves for the discs, just stick them right into foam? Foam can still scratch them -.-. Poor form Disney/Pixar, poor form[/QUOTE]

More like poor foam, amirite??

\\:D/

:nottalking:

Kinda strange to see this as a DOTW at this price. It was only $12 more when I received it over a year ago... Anyway, I like having the toybox packaging, but I do have separate cases for the disks themselves.
Meh deal overall.

Best buy has 2 for 35 on select Disney combo packs. So in effect you could get all 3 plus another for $70. About $52 for all 3 in real packaging

this is one of the reasons why I didn't buy this box last year. That packaging was just plain crap. For what they charged for it you would think it would be a nicer set.

I just might end up buying all three as a stand alone.

[quote name='Havokscry']You probably could find all three movies at Blockbuster on their 3 for 24.99 sale.[/QUOTE]

Need to find a Blockbuster...

That's harder than anything.

[quote name='Darknuke']wow that packaging job is hideous. Probably the worst I've ever seen... No sleeves for the discs, just stick them right into foam? Foam can still scratch them -.-. Poor form Disney/Pixar, poor form[/QUOTE]

It's still not as bad as BTTF. That case doesn't even want you to watch the movies. I'm pretty sure Fort Knox could take some lessons from Universal's packaging there.

I recently traded it back into Amazon because I picked up all 3 3D versions (which are stellar) during the Best Buy $24.99 3D Disney sale.

When I had it, I put them in jewel cases and tossed those into the box. Disney is so bad with these.

I also own the Lion King and Cars boxes which are just as bad.

I got the three 3D TS movies for $20 each from Best Buy at the beginning of November (13 discs total), and didn't have to deal with that aberration of a box. The worst packaging I've personally bought was the huge hardback box that the Mel Brooks Collection came in. I sold it, and have been buying the individual movies as they've been released. If a studio wants to release a movie or groups of movies in special packaging, how about having the discs in standard cases with inserts inside the promotional packaging, so we can save the extra packaging if we want, but still easily store the movies on a shelf designed for standard sized Blu-ray or DVD cases?

bread's done
Back