V For Vendetta
The Adventures of Robin Hood
Good Night, and Good Luck
Shoot 'Em Up
Rio Bravo
A Scanner Darkly
Dog Day Afternoon
Training Day

Buy 2 and get free shipping! Happy hunting!

UPDATED

Last edited by a moderator:
dont forget
Dark City
http://www.amazon.com/Dark-City-Dir...ef=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1243001256&sr=8-2

(sorry i dont know how to hyperlink, someone teach me)

btw those are all excellent movies (i have never seen Rio Bravo, Good Night and Good Luck & Dog Day afternoon, but i'm sure they are good, i heard good stuff about the last 2) however i only see V for Vendetta benefiting from the 1080p treatment, toying with the idea of buying it now as a matter of fact...

btw, i netflixed the bluray of A Scanner Darkly and was blown away, i loved the movie and saw it original in theaters, but it looks so amazing on 1080p, this is why i do HD. highly recommended, great storyline that makes you think, no Hollywood ending either.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='postulio']btw those are all excellent movies (i have never seen Rio Bravo, Good Night and Good Luck & Dog Day afternoon, but i'm sure they are good, i heard good stuff about the last 2)[/QUOTE]

wtf buy rio bravo and dog day afternoon immediately.

awwww crap! I new I shouldnt have read this! Now I have to buy more moves ;P
Pre-ordered V from amazon for 20 a while back, so 7 doller drop doesnt sting me that much. Still a damn fine movie- on a side note, anyone know other then ebay were I could get the UMD of V?

How much do you suppose Blade Runner benefits from 1080i over the DVD version. I have the 4 disc DVD version of the same thing, and I'm wondering if the blu is any better.

p.s. Blade Runner isnt $12.99, but the post above me reminded me of the movie, and its still at a decent price for $24.99

[quote name='pete5883']There isn't going to be a double dip of V for V anytime soon, is there?[/QUOTE]

Not that I'm aware of. But if $13 is still too much for you, go ahead and wait for something.

update:

Bullitt
Halloween
Flags of our Fathers
We Were Soldiers
Under Siege
The Italian Joke
Evil Dead II: Dead by Dawn
Dawn of the Dead (1978; $12.50)
The Sum of All Fears

[quote name='HERETOSTAY']Not that I'm aware of. But if $13 is still too much for you, go ahead and wait for something.[/QUOTE]
Huh? It's not too much, I just don't want to buy it if a better one is coming.

[quote name='pete5883']Huh? It's not too much, I just don't want to buy it if a better one is coming.[/QUOTE]
spoken like a true cag.

I got a question, at what point (during check out) does the buy 2 get 1 free kick in? I am at the end and they are charging me for all 3 of them. Just curious, thanks

I picked up Dog Day Afternoon and Rio Bravo, thanks OP!

[quote name='bones56']I got a question, at what point (during check out) does the buy 2 get 1 free kick in? I am at the end and they are charging me for all 3 of them. Just curious, thanks[/QUOTE]

I think you misread the OP, says buy 2 to get free shipping ($25 for FSSS).

[quote name='bones56']I got a question, at what point (during check out) does the buy 2 get 1 free kick in? I am at the end and they are charging me for all 3 of them. Just curious, thanks[/QUOTE]

Um...I'm pretty sure nobody has said anything about buy two get one free, sorry

[quote name='optimusprime8062']How much do you suppose Blade Runner benefits from 1080i over the DVD version. I have the 4 disc DVD version of the same thing, and I'm wondering if the blu is any better.

p.s. Blade Runner isnt $12.99, but the post above me reminded me of the movie, and its still at a decent price for $24.99[/QUOTE]

According to what I have heard the Blu-ray is one of the best titles available. The transfer will blow you away.

[quote name='BWOzar']Um...I'm pretty sure nobody has said anything about buy two get one free, sorry[/QUOTE]

nevermind.. ha ha, its been a long day!! :cool:

[quote name='evildeadjedi']According to what I have heard the Blu-ray is one of the best titles available. The transfer will blow you away.[/QUOTE]

Cool, Ill checkout some reviews for it later and might just get it. However, I realized today, while looking at the bluray disc that came with my PS3, that I have major overscan issues...which means some of the movie will be cut off. The PS3 is the only device that produces an overscanned image. Digital cable? Fine. Upconvert DVD player? Fine. BDP 350 I bought and returned? Fine. Whats the deal?

bread's done
Back