Amazon $14.99 Blu-Rays Hot Tub Time Machine and Percy Jackson [Best Buy Deal Dead]

Davestation

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Best Buy's ad this week has the following Blu-Rays for $14.99 each or $9.99 DVD price for each. I would recommend Hot Tub for that price.

***UPDATE***
Amazon has price matched both Blu-Ray and DVD thanks to bigsyxx for pointing it out. I created a link for the Amazon Blu-Ray link only. Just click on the AMAZON PRICE MATCH BR next to the title that you want. Sorry, you will have to do a manual search for the DVD. Just tired of putting links in all the time. All orders over $25 qualify for free super saver shipping.

***UPDATE II***
Weekly ad is over for Best Buy, Amazon still has Hot Tub and Percy for $15 though so how long will it last?

Hot Tub Time Machine Amazon

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
Well when I went to Bestbuy none of the movies were marked at the prices.

Also, I bought Hot Tub Time Machine but for some reason the disk didn't have the menu on it to view any of the special features. All that is on there is the theatrical cut of the movie. I think what happened is they put a rental copy of the movie in the retail package but the funny thing is the disc doesn't say its a rental only copy.

I going to return it to another Bestbuy and see if it happens again cause if it does then the disc that they got were pressed wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prices ring up correct in store. I went and picked up Percy Jackson with my 10% silver coupon that expired today. Got it for $13.49 plus tax, pretty good deal I think.

[quote name='daruler022']Best Buy will match their online prices. Just return it & get a new one with some cash back.[/QUOTE]

They all ring up for the sales price but the store I went to just didn't have any of them marked on the floor for the sale prices.

[quote name='cdeener']Well when I went to Bestbuy none of the movies were marked at the prices.

Also, I bought Hot Tub Time Machine but for some reason the disk didn't have the menu on it to view any of the special features. All that is on there is the theatrical cut of the movie.[/QUOTE]

Most the Blus I have got all start the movie when you put it in. Usually you have to press up on your remote or press the menu button. Maybe you got a disc that was to go to a rental store. I really hope they don't have bad discs out.

[quote name='sendme']Most the Blus I have got all start the movie when you put it in. Usually you have to press up on your remote or press the menu button. Maybe you got a disc that was to go to a rental store. I really hope they don't have bad discs out.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I did try going to the menu but the only thing that comes on the screen is play movie, setup, and scenes like on a rental copy with no option for special features or the unrated version of the movie like described on the package. Sad thing is I used the code already for the digital copy.

[quote name='cdeener']They all ring up for the sales price but the store I went to just didn't have any of them marked on the floor for the sale prices.[/QUOTE]

This. I went in yesterday afternoon and had to check my phone to confirm if anything was on sale. Things like Crank 2, Transporter 3, and You Don't Mess With the Zohan are still $9.99, but my store had nothing marked.

These prices are in the weekly ad, so you shouldn't have a problem in store.

I'm into Hot Tub for that price, but I'll wait and see if Amazon price matches during the week.

[quote name='cdeener']Yeah, I did try going to the menu but the only thing that comes on the screen is play movie, setup, and scenes like on a rental copy with no option for special features or the unrated version of the movie like described on the package. Sad thing is I used the code already for the digital copy.[/QUOTE]

This seems to be a problem with certain copies from Best Buy. At another forum there is a thread about this: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/57...re-special-features-hot-tub-time-machine.html

[quote name='basketb']This seems to be a problem with certain copies from Best Buy. At another forum there is a thread about this: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/57...re-special-features-hot-tub-time-machine.html[/QUOTE]
Thank you for this. I was trying to find something like this but came up with nothing. So, I'm not the only one that had this problem which is cool but sucks if I cannot find a good replacement at Bestbuy since MGM doesn't recognize it as a problem yet.

great thread! I picked up Percy Jackson yesterday b/c the kid and wife liked it off RedBox. Plus, it's the only one with a triple pack, so that is nice!!

Okay folks I went to the store and exchange my 2 disc for the 3 disc. The 3 disc version works fine so I would suggest avoiding the 2 disc version if possible.

[quote name='FadeToOne']These prices are in the weekly ad, so you shouldn't have a problem in store.

I'm into Hot Tub for that price, but I'll wait and see if Amazon price matches during the week.[/QUOTE]

Kickass... not only did they price match, but I found out via my gold box where it was almost an extra buck cheaper!

[quote name='cdeener']Is Percy Jackson worth getting? I rather go in store since I live like 3 miles away from my closest Bestbuy.[/QUOTE]
It was a fun adventure movie. My son liked it and I liked it more than HArry Potter so with the Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy it was worth the $15 since he will utilize all three of them.

In case anybody was wondering about the PQ of these films, it ranks as so.

Hot Tub Time Machine - Tier 1 Gold
Percy Jackson - Tier 1.5 Gold
Crazy Heart - Tier 2.5 Silver

Nobody has reviewed Our Family Wedding yet, But that's how it ranks so far if you are familiar with the Blu-ray tiers. Throw this site in here just to help out even though I think we have it linked in another thread.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1168342

Picked up Hot Tub Time Machine at Best Buy tonight with my $10 reward certificate, and it's a 3 disc one, so even better!

[quote name='Davestation']Amazon still has Hot Tub and Percy for $15 so far this week....last chance?[/QUOTE]
i think so:roll:

bread's done
Back