Amazon 19 Days of Deals + Afternoon Lightning Deals - Today: The Finale

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Don't forget to check back in the afternoon, as Lightning Deals are expected daily.
iconamazon.gif
Amazon 19 Days of Deals

:pc: Amazon Game Downloads offers $1.99 Puzzle Games, including:

Late Breaking Deals - Check this page for more downloadable deals *NOTE: These will change more frequently than other promotions during this time period.*:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Leftylikesgames']Kid's Play Day is...you guessed it another shovelware day.[/QUOTE]

"garbage day?" is the first thing I thought when I looked too

[quote name='cheaphuck']That is probably a awesome deal for those that got the lightning deal as they can maybe get a price adjustment with the lightning discount.[/QUOTE]
I bought one yesterday, and I contacted them this morning about doing an adjustment. I'll keep you all posted once I hear something. It would be damn cool if they approve it, as these would end up about costing right around what the PX5's did. FINGERS CROSSED!

[quote name='chrislaustin']I bought one yesterday, and I contacted them this morning about doing an adjustment. I'll keep you all posted once I hear something. It would be damn cool if they approve it, as these would end up about costing right around what the PX5's did. FINGERS CROSSED![/QUOTE]

I don't follow your math. Did you pay full price yesterday? Then they'd give you $75 back, and you'd have paid $225. Did you get the Lightning Deal yesterday? Then you still paid $5 less than the current price - what kind of adjustment do you expect?

[quote name='gantt']I don't follow your math. Did you pay full price yesterday? Then they'd give you $75 back, and you'd have paid $225. Did you get the Lightning Deal yesterday? Then you still paid $5 less than the current price - what kind of adjustment do you expect?[/QUOTE]
Yesterday the claimed the full price was 299, now today it is 225. Where is the lighting deal in a 70+ dollar price drop less than 24 hours later? The only reason I purchased them was due to the value. Now there is none.

[quote name='gantt']I don't follow your math. Did you pay full price yesterday? Then they'd give you $75 back, and you'd have paid $225. Did you get the Lightning Deal yesterday? Then you still paid $5 less than the current price - what kind of adjustment do you expect?[/QUOTE]
I completely agree with you.
chrislaustin is still paying $5 less than yesterday. Yesterday's and today's prices are still considerably less than MSRP. What's the problem?

[quote name='Vader582']I completely agree with you.
chrislaustin is still paying $5 less than yesterday. Yesterday's and today's prices are still considerably less than MSRP. What's the problem?[/QUOTE]

This happens all the time with Amazon. Their prices change constantly. For example, you bought a PSP when it was advertised as a discount around BF, from $130 to $100. The price went back up to $130, but now it's back down to $100 again. Call up Amazon: "Where's the value?"

Anyway, I'm impressed with the chutzpah. If he/she is successful at getting the adjustment, well, I know where I'm going if I need a lawyer.

[quote name='chrislaustin']Yesterday the claimed the full price was 299, now today it is 225. Where is the lighting deal in a 70+ dollar price drop less than 24 hours later? The only reason I purchased them was due to the value. Now there is none.[/QUOTE]

So are you saying it wasn't worth paying for at the price it cost yesterday? Then why did you buy it?

Amazon WILL price match if they DROP the price the next day or two (I got a few bucks back when they price dropped MMA the day after a lightning deal), but they aren't going to give you money because they are selling the game at a higher price than you paid for...

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Can anyone see what the next two days' themes are? The image won't load for me. Just curious. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

ea action day sponsored by mass effect 3 the reckoning, active sports day, then the finale.

[quote name='EarthKing']You think that's bad? Try being professional school...I don't get to game anymore ;(. I have like 60+ games in my backlog. The sad part is I keep buying games :(. Oh well. That's what summer is for lol...Brotherhood is a good game...I have Revelations but still sealed.

Hopefully tomorrows stuff won't be too bad.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't complaining that finals were hard this semester. (They weren't), just that I missed this and the BB sale because of them.

Is Cabelas Survival Shadows of Katmai w/gun worth it for $19.99?

I really don't care about the gun (as this is the only game I would probably use it for), so really pricing the game at 19.99.

[quote name='Muthafodder']lmao at this being part way down the second page.

Is Tropico 4 at any price worth it?[/QUOTE]

It's good, but I swore the price was 14.99 before the lightning deal...

Little Big Planet 2 SE Move Bundle for $75 seems like a fantastic deal, not as much value as the $99 mayhem bundle but for those of us with no need for the sharpshooter this seems perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
I might get a Dogs or Cats DS game for the kid. Not sure it will be liked. Do they have a decent trade in value anywhere if I need to flip it back after the holidays if the kid doesn't like them?

[quote name='dm85']They added Rayman Origins to the LD. Starts in about 1hr 35min. Wii, PS3 and 360 listed separately.[/QUOTE]
Itsays that Rayman's list price is $44.99 right now so lightnight deal price will be lower than that. That's promising. Weird thing is I don't see Rayman's listing at $44.99 at all haha

Wonder how much the price will be for Rayman: Origins? Here's hoping it's in sub-$25 range. Although with Amazon you never know, I wouldn't be surprised if they sold the game for $29.99 while bumping up the previous price to $59.99 to make it look like you are saving 50% off.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Itsays that Rayman's list price is $44.99 right now so lightnight deal price will be lower than that. That's promising. Weird thing is I don't see Rayman's listing at $44.99 at all haha[/QUOTE]

You are probably looking at the Rayman version that included the artbook

[quote name='strait edge follower']Wow what shitty prices for this action sale .....[/QUOTE]

19 days of lame ... I wish I had been sitting on $400 in BBY gift cards instead of as much Amazon.

[quote name='Wanderlai']It pains ne to say it but BB has kicked Amazon's ass this holiday season.[/QUOTE]
I doubt Amazon will be cancelling everyone's orders like Best Buy
But if you shop to not get items then yes, Best Buy is your store

I'm hopeful that the "Finale" will have some decent deals(not great), but so far there have only been a few diamonds in the rough for sure.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I doubt Amazon will be cancelling everyone's orders like Best Buy
But if you shop to not get items then yes, Best Buy is your store[/QUOTE]

I've had exactly zero of my sale items cancelled from Best Buy, most others haven't either. BB is selling dirt cheap, free shipping, while Amazon keeps bumping up prices to make their "sales" look good. Best Buy is definitely the place to be this year, there's just about nothing for anyone to complain about how they've done.

I'm not sure why you have this allegiance to Amazon, but they really don't deserve a bit of it, they've failed in every instance, and Best Buy has been awesome at every turn.

Also lol @ the lightening deal being $35 for Rayman...great job Amazon.

[quote name='sunghost']The lightning deal for Solatorobo is pathetic, $1.14 savings from the price they had it at before.[/QUOTE]

If it was $9.99 that would've been great and I'd have been tempted...but I thought they'd at least get it down to $15 :(

[quote name='SW4J']I've had exactly zero of my sale items cancelled from Best Buy, most others haven't either. BB is selling dirt cheap, free shipping, while Amazon keeps bumping up prices to make their "sales" look good. Best Buy is definitely the place to be this year, there's just about nothing for anyone to complain about how they've done.

I'm not sure why you have this allegiance to Amazon, but they really don't deserve a bit of it, they've failed in every instance, and Best Buy has been awesome at every turn.

Also lol @ the lightening deal being $35 for Rayman...great job Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Best buy has cancelled 6 of my orders, they do not deserve such high praise.

[quote name='SW4J']I've had exactly zero of my sale items cancelled from Best Buy, most others haven't either. BB is selling dirt cheap, free shipping, while Amazon keeps bumping up prices to make their "sales" look good. Best Buy is definitely the place to be this year, there's just about nothing for anyone to complain about how they've done.

If you go on Best Buys forums you'll see all the people he's talking about. I personally agree that while best buy has had some good sales this year their customer service is well below horrible. I ordered a game on black friday that "shipped" the following Monday from California for me in Alaska. As of today it still has not left Washington state and best buy claims this is normal and that all deliveries "outside of the United States" will have a much longer delivery time. This would be a great argument if my 6 other orders placed the following week hadn't already gotten here in less then 7 days total. Waiting over 20 days for an item is crazy and if it's not in my mail today I will be starting a dispute with my card because Best Buy refuses to help.

[quote name='Leftylikesgames']RM: Origins LD: wii $25, PS3/360: $34.99[/QUOTE]

I'll take "Games that will be under $20 in a Month" for $200 Alex.

[quote name='slowdive21']Best buy has cancelled 6 of my orders, they do not deserve such high praise.[/QUOTE]

I've only had one order canceled (Vanquish) and that was due to the item being Backordered and eventually, permanently OOS. That sucks to hear that some people have had bad luck...but I and many, many others have jumped on their deals both online and in store with no issues at all.

The only thing Amazon has over BB this year is quicker shipping...that's it. I've even had better customer service in-store to such a degree that I was actually taken back. I was able to exchange my PS3 160GB from the Holiday Bundle with no hassle, they even PM'd their current prices for a few games I bought from their Cyber Monday sale...as if they weren't cheap enough already.

Amazon has great CS too, but I've had my share of bad ones as well. Nothing or no one is perfect, such is life. But I find it amusing that just because some people had their orders canceled all of a sudden it means that BB has canceled EVERYONES orders. :lol: Not even close...

When it comes to the sheer amount of games that I (and apparently many others) have wanted at killer deal prices...Best Buy has no equal this holiday season.

[quote name='mrclutch']I'll take "Games that will be under $20 in a Month" for $200 Alex.[/QUOTE]

This game is a platformer that is cell shaded that just came out in November and has a main character that has pointy ears and he can't speak a lick of any language

That War in the North Lightning Deal is terrible. It only dropped 5 dollars from what is was before the lightning deal, but of course, they mark the original price back up to 60 to make the deal look awesome. Amazon - you're making me a sad panda.

At $20 I would have jumped on it despite the horrible reviews regarding glitches and bugs that, in some cases, prevent you from progressing or finishing the game. But at $30, it looks like I'll just buy Batman AA for $15 (

Best Buy might have better deals online, but Amazon is WAY better if I ever have to set foot in a Best Buy store. My Best Buy has horrible customer service who don't know what the fuck they are doing and it's so painful when you have to wait 15 minutes to get a preorder game and a game you have for store pickup, oh and you know employees just leave the store pickup register while your waiting in line.

At least amazon has good customer service and well maybe not the best video game deals but prime is still good because I get free e-books.

Also holy fuck ABBA you can dance is up in like 3 minutes, that's GOTY right there.

[quote name='strait edge follower']This game is a platformer that is cell shaded that just came out in November and has a main character that has pointy ears and he can't speak a lick of any language[/QUOTE]

2D graphics can't be cell shaded...

bread's done
Back