Amazon 3ds matched kmart with $25 off game.

ps2emotions

CAGiversary!
Amazon has matched kmart but I still might swing by kmart sunday morning because I have to pay tax either way. Just such a hassle trying to get anything at my local kmart so I may go amazon route.

Ordered, despite the tax. With the credits, looks like I'll be getting an extra game I never intended to get. The question is, along with SSFIV, which one to get? I'm leaning towards Pilotwings or Nintendogs and Cats.

[quote name='dallow']Man, I didn't think they'd match K-Mart.

Tax free!

Yeah, it's just promo credit. Should be fine.[/QUOTE]

It's very limited promo credit. It has to be spent on one of the launch titles listed.

[quote name='bojay1997']It's very limited promo credit. It has to be spent on one of the launch titles listed.[/QUOTE]

I know. That's what he's asking.

So, i just canceled my order at gamestop, and the guy there said that all he has done is cancel 3DS orders today. I thought it was funny, he said it was because it hasn't gotten good reviews... but it has to be because of Amazon... lol.

Received a $10 credit from my Ridge Racer 3D order, nice to see them send me that. The Ridge Racer 3D order they made just shipped.

After hearing about Kmart's deal, I was going to get my 3DS there and cancel my Amazon preorder. Now, I'm still going with Amazon and getting $35 credit towards another game. Unfortunately, I'm waiting til Wednesday to get the system and Nintendogs. I have Prime, but I don't want to pay for next day delivery, as it's $3.99 per item.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_355680822_5?ie=UTF8&docId=1000668661&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_r=19Z4GRBVEZKF2X4TAW08&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1291928362&pf_rd_i=468642

Did they just add this?

I know we're all cheap here but it always makes me kind of sad to hear everything jump to Amazon like this. If I opt for a 3DS, I'll purchase it at a brick and mortar store that actually employs people in my area.

[quote name='atc250es']http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_355680822_5?ie=UTF8&docId=1000668661&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_r=19Z4GRBVEZKF2X4TAW08&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1291928362&pf_rd_i=468642

Did they just add this?[/QUOTE]

Indeed, but it's a poor selection. Nonetheless, better than nothing.

[quote name='atc250es']http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_355680822_5?ie=UTF8&docId=1000668661&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_r=19Z4GRBVEZKF2X4TAW08&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1291928362&pf_rd_i=468642

yeah not to long ago, supposedly if you already pre-ordered the 3DS, you should automatically qualify for this promo as well.

[quote name='biledriver']I know we're all cheap here but it always makes me kind of sad to hear everything jump to Amazon like this. If I opt for a 3DS, I'll purchase it at a brick and mortar store that actually employs people in my area.[/QUOTE]

While the no tax thing in certain states might be an unfair advantage, everything else, the B&M companies can compete on. Just because they don't compete doesn't mean I'm obligated to shop locally. This isn't fruits and veggies or local meat.

Give us a reason to shop locally (after all, instant gratification) and we will.

Sweet. More free stuff!

But what the heck is this thing? Can't believe they came up with this.

http://www.amazon.com/DS-style-Prot..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1Q4QRY27QSJKRA6J69N3

41dfEextF7L._AA300_.jpg

Hey I preordered my 3ds at gamestop cuz they had the trade in your ds lite deal before amazon matched. I want to get on this amazon deal. If I cancel at gamestop will I get my full 250 plus tax back? Also how would I get my refund back? To my credit card or a gift card? Any help would be appreciated :)

[quote name='confoosious']While the no tax thing in certain states might be an unfair advantage, everything else, the B&M companies can compete on. [/QUOTE]

Does Amazon tax certain states? :whistle2:#

I just ordered the aqua one from amazon, could not resist any longer after reading more and more about how awesome the 3d is as well as some great upcoming games I want. I was on the preorder page and at the top before I'd even checked out it said congratulations $10 off future 3ds game and at the bottom of the order by gift options it said $25 3ds credit. So I got an confirmation email telling about the $10 off future 3ds game order but I saw nothing on the $25 off future 3ds game. Confused because why would it give me both when I just had a 3ds in my cart? Anyway, I also signed up for prime getting me free 2 day shipping and as soon as I placed the order I turned off the auto renew thing so that saved me $9.98 shipping. Love to be able to get $35 off pilotwings if I get both the $10 and $25 promo but can anyone confirm how this works? I hate to mention it but if my 3ds has a defect like dead pixel how do you go about returning to amazon for an exchange? I have a feeling these late pre orders might be a long time coming because I'm pretty sure everyone wants the 3ds and most has pre ordered from amazon.

[quote name='ps2emotions']Snip[/QUOTE]

I got confused about it as well, but it seems like either:

1. You get the promo discount on the bill after it ships
2. You get the promo credit after it ships, so you have to order another game with the credit. In other words, get the system first, get games later. Pretty lame if it's like this, but hey, gives me time to figure out what else I want besides SSFIV.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Does Amazon tax certain states? :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Yea some states do get tax by amazon

My estimated delivery for the 3ds says Wednesday, is there a possibility it could come on Tuesday? Also can the $10 credit when buying a 3ds game be used for anything else? I want to use it on my portal 2 preorder.

[quote name='JJBro1']My estimated delivery for the 3ds says Wednesday, is there a possibility it could come on Tuesday? Also can the $10 credit when buying a 3ds game be used for anything else? I want to use it on my portal 2 preorder.[/QUOTE]

You can get it on Tuesday with overnight shipping. Then again, when I bought my Kindle, Amazon just took the liberty of shipping it to me overnight even though I had 2-day shipping on it so I guess its a possibility either wy.

And no, Amazon is trying to sell launch titles. The $10 you get for buying a 3DS launch title can only be used to buy ANOTHER 3DS launch title.

[quote name='confoosious']While the no tax thing in certain states might be an unfair advantage, everything else, the B&M companies can compete on. Just because they don't compete doesn't mean I'm obligated to shop locally. This isn't fruits and veggies or local meat.

Give us a reason to shop locally (after all, instant gratification) and we will.[/QUOTE]

Its not supposed to be an advantage. Some people don't realize you're SUPPOSED to pay tax on goods you buy from Amazon (EDIT: correction, doesn't apply to ALL states but most). If you don't pay the tax at the time of purchase, you still owe it and you're supposed to report it (and pay it) when filing your annual taxes. The things is, some people don't do it (for obvious reasons). Don't be surprised if the government starts cracking down on it, though.

[quote name='JJBro1']My estimated delivery for the 3ds says Wednesday, is there a possibility it could come on Tuesday? Also can the $10 credit when buying a 3ds game be used for anything else? I want to use it on my portal 2 preorder.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo is pretty stiff when it comes to street date, so they most likely won't start shipping things till Sunday/Monday to avoid this. I hope it ships out Sunday gets picked up and delivered by Monday or I will have to wait till Tuesday. ='(

Confirmed with amazon that my preorder for SSF43d will receive the newer, crappier promo($10 3ds credit instead of $10 general credit) so I cancelled.

If I'm going to have to buy another game to take advantage, I may as well just go to Toys R Us on Sunday and get $20 off a second game and have them right away to enjoy.

First time ever I was really dissapointed in Amazon's policies

[quote name='smoger']Confirmed with amazon that my preorder for SSF43d will receive the newer, crappier promo($10 3ds credit instead of $10 general credit) so I cancelled.

If I'm going to have to buy another game to take advantage, I may as well just go to Toys R Us on Sunday and get $20 off a second game and have them right away to enjoy.

First time ever I was really dissapointed in Amazon's policies[/QUOTE]

Well when did you order it? When the old promo was up or when the new promo popped up?

[quote name='confoosious']Well when did you order it? When the old promo was up or when the new promo popped up?[/QUOTE]

Ordered during the old promo

[quote name='confoosious']I don't suppose you have a screen grab or someone else can hook you up with one.[/QUOTE]

Not sure why that would matter. Amazon knows what the old promo was and they know when I ordered and when they put the new promo up.

I'm not worried about it.. they chose to not honor the deal I expected, and I chose to cancel my order.

The only part of this that bothers me is I would have had no idea they were changing the deal if I didn't see it on Twitter(and later on here). An email letting me know would have been nice. I'm just glad they give you a text box to explain why you're cancelling.. maybe it'll make someone realize they shouldn't bait and switch like that(which is literally what they did this time).

Like I said.. unexpected and dissapointing considering how great Amazon usually is.

[quote name='confoosious']you had my sympathy until you mentioned bait and switch. That's not bait and switch.[/QUOTE]

I ordered from them because of a deal(bait)

and then they restricted it to 3ds games without telling me(switch).

What is your definition of bait and switch if not this?

[quote name='smoger']Not sure why that would matter. Amazon knows what the old promo was and they know when I ordered and when they put the new promo up.

I'm not worried about it.. they chose to not honor the deal I expected, and I chose to cancel my order.

The only part of this that bothers me is I would have had no idea they were changing the deal if I didn't see it on Twitter(and later on here). An email letting me know would have been nice. I'm just glad they give you a text box to explain why you're cancelling.. maybe it'll make someone realize they shouldn't bait and switch like that(which is literally what they did this time).

Like I said.. unexpected and dissapointing considering how great Amazon usually is.[/QUOTE]

if i know amazon, they won't deny you of anything. hell, i could put an order today and refer to the deal with no proof and yet, they'll honor it. I like many others though, don't like to bully the only store that doesn't screw their consumers. Yet, if you placed your order during the promotion, then you'll get it.

[quote name='smoger']I ordered from them because of a deal(bait)

What is your definition of bait and switch if not this?[/QUOTE]

The fact that the offer could be modified or changed or revoked at any time was clearly spelled out in the terms. Also, Amazon will either honor the original offer or allow you to cancel the order or return the game for free. As such, there is no bait and switch or any other kind of fraud here.

Guys, relax. It's not a big deal.. I'm just going by what their rep told me very plainly. I know amazon has great service and I'm not going to stop ordering from them or anything.

They just fucked up this 1 thing. Moving on.

[quote name='smoger']I ordered from them because of a deal(bait)

What is your definition of bait and switch if not this?[/QUOTE]

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bait+and+switch

in a nutshell, a bait and switch would be "WE HAVE DSis at $50!!!"

And when you go in "sorry, we're sold out. But let me show you this awesome 3DS."

anyway, to get this back on topic (sorta). Amazon has never failed to honor a deal, especially when they can look it up. I would just be like "I ordered it on x date. Can you please look up what the offer was on that date." Shit, in all likelihood, they'll apologize, give you a $10 credit and still give you the new promo. As mythus said, they always take care of the customer, especially good ones. But I don't like to take advantage of them.

[quote name='confoosious']http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bait+and+switch

in a nutshell, a bait and switch would be "WE HAVE DSis at $50!!!"

And when you go in "sorry, we're sold out. But let me show you this awesome 3DS."[/QUOTE]

so they offer you a good deal, and then when you go to get it, that deal is suddenly unavailable and a crappier deal is.

You're right.. that doesn't sound *at all* like my situation. :roll:

Come on guys.. we all love amazon, but they aren't infallible. I'm not saying they "scammed" me or anything, they do say they can cancel the order.. it's just annoying that they did.

Nothing worth getting so worked up about.

If you refuse to actually listen to what bait and switch is and insist on sticking your fingers in your ears and staying ignorant, then I don't know what to tell you.

Whatever dude, you win. Amazon is 100% perfect, never ever fuck anything up and I'm an ahole for expecting that I can order something and not check up on it daily until it arrives on my step.

Now that you've valiantly defended them against a random guy on a forum who's slightly annoyed with them, your shares of AMZN will surely rise into the clouds and you'll be able to retire early and live the good life .\\:D/

confoosious is right, the actual definition of bait and switch is pretty narrow. It refers to a situation where a company advertises a cheap product and then when you go to buy it, its not available and the company tries to sell you a more expensive substitute. This situation involves different terms but the same good.

Obviously, this doesn't mean that the situation you describe would necessarily be an acceptable way of doing business. It's just not a bait and switch.

This has nothing to do with amazon. I just tried to inform you about what bait and switch is and now you're :bomb:.

I apologize for pointing out your ignorance. :grouphug:

I finally had a chance to play this at target yesterday. I guess its just me but I had a really hard time focusing on the 3D screen, maybe its my old eyes, I dont know. Anyone else in the same boat as I am?

[quote name='Brother Daz']I finally had a chance to play this at target yesterday. I guess its just me but I had a really hard time focusing on the 3D screen, maybe its my old eyes, I dont know. Anyone else in the same boat as I am?[/QUOTE]

check out the the 3ds thread, there are a lot of people having various problems with the 3d effects, including making them feel ill. Personally, I really did not like it and felt like it added nothing to the games.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I finally had a chance to play this at target yesterday. I guess its just me but I had a really hard time focusing on the 3D screen, maybe its my old eyes, I dont know. Anyone else in the same boat as I am?[/QUOTE]

did you adjust the slider?

I tried mine out at best buy and the unit was superglued/riveted/soldered to the display case for some reason and i had to bend down to get the 3D effect. There's a limited viewing angle for the 3D and I wonder if that would get tiring after a while. But I had no problem seeing the 3D. (And I'm one of those people who can't see the 3d posters that were all the rage 15 years ago.)

the AR games are more fascinating to me than the 3D. I'm really excited to see what they can do with that.

the best buy displays actually can be picked up. I know it feels like they are stuck to the stand, but there's a way to take them off. I can't remember exactly how.

[quote name='confoosious']did you adjust the slider?

I tried mine out at best buy and the unit was superglued/riveted/soldered to the display case for some reason and i had to bend down to get the 3D effect. There's a limited viewing angle for the 3D and I wonder if that would get tiring after a while. But I had no problem seeing the 3D. (And I'm one of those people who can't see the 3d posters that were all the rage 15 years ago.)

the AR games are more fascinating to me than the 3D. I'm really excited to see what they can do with that.[/QUOTE]

Actually I thought it was super glued too. It's actually magnetized down on the pad. You can lift it up with a bit of a pull. Its only tethered on to the stand.

[quote name='mythus']Actually I thought it was super glued too. It's actually magnetized down on the pad. You can lift it up with a bit of a pull. Its only tethered on to the stand.[/QUOTE]

You know, i considered pulling harder but I didn't want to be the guy who ripped the 3DS out of the display. I pulled pretty hard though. I had to kneel down to see the 3d effect and i felt kinda dumb.

[quote name='confoosious']did you adjust the slider?

the AR games are more fascinating to me than the 3D. I'm really excited to see what they can do with that.[/QUOTE]

No I didnt adjust the slider. I thought it was just a 3D on/off switch. I guess I had the slider all the way up and thats what the problem might have been. I think I'll check it out again with the slider set at a lower setting. thanks for the reply

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Man, this is making it really hard to not want a 3DS, but I'll wait 'till it has a title I'm looking forward to. Still a great deal.[/QUOTE]

You know I was thinking the same and then began to realize the games I want will come out in june which is just 12 weeks away. As hot as these things are already even with the crappy launch lineup I suspect in june you won't be able to find one anywhere. I saw that they had double the pre orders than that of the wii and I remember good and well how short the supply was on those for months. I got lucky and walmart had 2 wii's back in jan 2007 they just got in and I jumped all over 1 after seeing empty shelves for so long (actually the shelf was empty then, they had 2 behind the counter) and I see the 3ds being even hotter because of this

1: First truly 3d handheld gaming system and it's made by nintendo and we all know nintendo handhelds always sell good, even at the $250 price you are getting a lot for the money.

2: We already know of some awesome games (including marios) are just mere weeks away. By time of E3 I expect seeing the new mario gameplay shown on the 3ds which will probably come out around xmas therefore making the system even more desirable.

These are just the most important reasons I see to go ahead and take the dive and pre order a 3ds now if you have the money. They won't be getting any cheaper so by not getting it now you are just risking not being able to get one when the games you want do come around.

Exactly. I don't see a better deal than this until Black Friday 2012. So by getting it on day 1 I am getting the best possible deal for a long time.

bread's done
Back