Amazon 3ds matched kmart with $25 off game.

ps2emotions

CAGiversary!
Amazon has matched kmart but I still might swing by kmart sunday morning because I have to pay tax either way. Just such a hassle trying to get anything at my local kmart so I may go amazon route.

I agree with all of this except for 2 factors..

We're in a deep recession now, much worse than when the Wii launched.

And it's not holiday time, so there will be fewer people buying them for kids

[quote name='smoger']I agree with all of this except for 2 factors..

And it's not holiday time, so there will be fewer people buying them for kids[/QUOTE]

ya, but look how incredibly well the ipad 2 is selling at a much higher price. people like their gadgets regardless of a recession. The question will be how much supply will Nintendo release and not the demand IMO. I'd bet on there being shortages to create business inducing hype.

[quote name='caltab']ya, but look how incredibly well the ipad 2 is selling at a much higher price. people like their gadgets regardless of a recession. The question will be how much supply will Nintendo release and not the demand IMO. I'd bet on there being shortages to create business inducing hype.[/QUOTE]

that's a good point.. but i dont think nintendo has the same allure that apple does.. i dont even understand why people are soooo gaga over apple products.

and i still think that nintendo handhelds are very kid driven. i guess we just have to wait and see what happens. if the preorders really were that massive, hopefully that prompted them to bring more supply to market on sunday

Like Morgan Webb said on xplay and I quote her " It will be interesting to see how well the 3ds sells at the $250 price point" and yes I agree it isn't a holiday launch like the wii but still all the indicators to me are pointing toward a hot hot item for at least the next year. Nintendo may have the supply up to a point where it's not nearly as bad as the wii but then again we are talking about nintendo here, the king of marketing........ No, wait, maybe that would be apple. Lets just say nintendo knows how to make people not be able to live without something they can.

I ordered Ridge Racer and Ghost Recon and got them today along with the promo credit. Once I get SSF4 i'll use those towards rayman or steel diver. Not sure which. Getting pilotwings with the system at kmart.

[quote name='Dranakin']Even with all of the mixed reviews, I'm still tempted to trade-in/sell my DSi for this thing. $250![/QUOTE]

Don't. You'll want to transfer any DSiWare you bought.

[quote name='Dranakin']Even with all of the mixed reviews, I'm still tempted to trade-in/sell my DSi for this thing. $250![/QUOTE]

Dont worry about reviews. Fanboys to the left of me. Haters to the right.

Just go check out a demo unit and look at the launch and near launch title list.

[quote name='confoosious']did you adjust the slider?

I But I had no problem seeing the 3D. (And I'm one of those people who can't see the 3d posters that were all the rage 15 years ago.)

t[/QUOTE]

i remember those posters! my favorite was one of some hammerhead sharks swimming. oh, and the secret (atleast for me as a 10 yr old boy at the time) was to stare at the reflection of light on the poster, especially if they were framed (and they usually were). i would just stand and stare at the reflection of light on the glass/poster and after about 8-10 seconds turn my head slightly and look into the crazy 3-d pattern (without blinking) and lo and behold the hidden image would show up every time. man. i wonder if u can still find those, it'd be funny to put one in the bathroom, so you (or guests) can try and figure out the image while you do your business. that would be awesome.

back on topic, tried the 3ds today at best buy and it made me feel nauseated. guess ill have to pass for now.

huh, I noticed this line in the terms and conditions. I think I one clicked for my pre-orders. seems like an odd reason to exclude someone from getting the credit

• Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click. The offer may not be combined with other offers.

[quote name='confoosious']If you refuse to actually listen to what bait and switch is and insist on sticking your fingers in your ears and staying ignorant, then I don't know what to tell you.[/QUOTE]

Actually, you're the ignorant person here. What Amazon did IS considered bait and switch. No way am I going to pay full price for SSF4 just to get a $10 credit for another crappy 3ds launch title when I can pay for less with Toys R Us.

[quote name='smoger']I agree with all of this except for 2 factors..

And it's not holiday time, so there will be fewer people buying them for kids[/QUOTE]

You underestimate the terrible parents that will buy anything their kids want no matter how broke they are... I remember selling my spot for a Wii for $100! REALLY!? Who the fuck would pay $100 for a spot to spend another $250?! BAD PARENTS!

[quote name='eliter1']You underestimate the terrible parents that will buy anything their kids want no matter how broke they are... I remember selling my spot for a Wii for $100! REALLY!? Who the fuck would pay $100 for a spot to spend another $250?! BAD PARENTS![/QUOTE]

Yeah, stuff like this is almost immune to recession.
How's that iPad doing, for example.

[quote name='gokou36']Actually, you're the ignorant person here. What Amazon did IS considered bait and switch. No way am I going to pay full price for SSF4 just to get a $10 credit for another crappy 3ds launch title when I can pay for less with Toys R Us.[/QUOTE]

Ok. enlighten us then: what's the bait and where's the switch?

[quote name='confoosious']Ok. enlighten us then: what's the bait and where's the switch?[/QUOTE]

Bait, $10 credit for any game. Switch, $10 credit 3DS game. Is it really that hard to understand?

Gah, Amazon! You get me with all your deals, and I love you to death. But why, oh, why, couldn't you ship the 3DS on Friday so I get it Monday? Nothing like paying for overnight shipping and getting it Tuesday afternoon instead of Sat/Sun at 12:01.

Guess that's the cost of saving ~$20/tax. That said, I'll definitely use the $25 toward Ghost Recon, and I'll be using the TRU deal to get PilotWings and SSFIV.

[quote name='gokou36']Bait, $10 credit for any game. Switch, $10 credit 3DS game. Is it really that hard to understand?[/QUOTE]
That sounds more like an urban dictionary (or loose, colloquialized) definition of bait and switch, and not the lawsuit-inducing, technical one that I think confoosious is suggesting.

[quote name='mattcube64']Gah, Amazon! You get me with all your deals, and I love you to death. But why, oh, why, couldn't you ship the 3DS on Friday so I get it Monday? Nothing like paying for overnight shipping and getting it Tuesday afternoon instead of Sat/Sun at 12:01.

Guess that's the cost of saving ~$20/tax. That said, I'll definitely use the $25 toward Ghost Recon, and I'll be using the TRU deal to get PilotWings and SSFIV.[/QUOTE]

Would it be possible for the amazon deal to be better for you? This way ghost recon would be free + no tax and no gas.

If you go with your deal, then it's

39.99 + 20 + tax fro ssf4 + pilotwings = 59.99 + tax
then ghost recon = 39.99 - 25 = 14.99
total = $74.98 (plus tax of the TRU purchase + gas + time)

If you go with amazon only it's

39.99 + 39.99 + 0 = 79.98 total but no money spent on tax + gas.

I guess it depends on how much tax is in your area. For cali residents, the amazon deal is better.

[quote name='mattcube64']MY 3DS is "PREPARED FOR SHIPPING"!!!

Monday release, maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe?!
[/QUOTE]

Just checked; mine is too! I'm kinda bummed tho... I was thinking of buying it
on Sunday at K Mart but I didn't wanna risk not having a 3DS at all if I had canceled my Amazon order. Looks like I'm not playing my DS until Tuesday. Now I must take advantage of all the deals Amazon has for this!

Btw, does anyone know how we are getting the accessories free with the purchase of 3DS?

[quote name='mattcube64']MY 3DS is "PREPARED FOR SHIPPING"!!!

Monday release, maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe?!
[/QUOTE]

Mine too. I hope it ships this morning via Ensenda, that means it will come tomorrow. Oh man oh man. I am excited now.

This portion of your order is being prepared for shipment and cannot be canceled or changed.

is the best news of the morning.

[quote name='sadboy']That sounds more like an urban dictionary (or loose, colloquialized) definition of bait and switch, and not the lawsuit-inducing, technical one that I think confoosious is suggesting.[/QUOTE]

That's a nice way of putting it. :) With google. there really isn't anything that can't be understood. And yet, people just refuse to understand.

My 3DS is also in the Shipping Soon phase, but I'm ambivalent about keeping it and what not. It's primarily due to the poor selection in launch games.

[quote name='Trance Addix']My 3DS is also in the Shipping Soon phase, but I'm ambivalent about keeping it and what not. It's primarily due to the poor selection in launch games.[/QUOTE]

As long as I have one game for me to keep occupied, i'm ok waiting for more titles.

The way I see it, Amazon has $25 off (cause nobody is gonna buy a system and no games ever right) so the $25 save on my 1 game is savings.

There's not gonna be anything better in the next 6 months. Sure there will probably be a holiday bundle/deal. But this is the part most people never factor in: you get to play with it for the next 6-9 months while people sit in the sidelines.

If you're planning on getting it eventually anyway, the launch offers are great. I think the sucker move would be to get it in 3 months with no deals.

Of course, if the 3DS sells horribly, we might see a post launch deal fest. But considering this is nintendo, do you expect that to happen?

Just for reference, here are the DS launch titles:

Super Mario 64 DS
Asphalt Urban GT
The Urbz: Sims in the City
Feel the Magic: XY/XX
Spider-Man 2
Madden NFL 2005
Metroid Prime Hunters – First Hunt (Demo)

Yes, I know what you're saying. The biggest factor - at least here on CAG - is most of us have a backlog, and I have a big one. I'll let the 3DS sit unopened for a bit, and hopefully Zelda doesn't get delayed.

In terms of launch games, I'm just interested in Pilot Wings and that's it. The rest are not my forte. The DS did have a horrible launch games (except Mario) but now it's one of my all time time favorite systems with some great games.

I'll say one thing, though: if they announce a new Advance Wars for the 3DS I will have no qualms about keeping the system. :)

Well, crap. I was going to up my shipping to one-day this morning, but mine is also in shipping soon status. Granted, it's Prime Two-Day Shipping, so 90% chance I'll still get it in a day, but probably not a Sunday delivery.

[quote name='Trance Addix']Yes, I know what you're saying. The biggest factor - at least here on CAG - is most of us have a backlog, and I have a big one. I'll let the 3DS sit unopened for a bit, and hopefully Zelda doesn't get delayed.

In terms of launch games, I'm just interested in Pilot Wings and that's it. The rest are not my forte. The DS did have a horrible launch games (except Mario) but now it's one of my all time time favorite systems with some great games.

I'll say one thing, though: if they announce a new Advance Wars for the 3DS I will have no qualms about keeping the system. :)[/QUOTE]

Well, Ghost Recon wasn't even on my radar but someone compared it to Advance Wars. I had no idea it was a turned based strategy game.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/03/ghost-recon-shadow-wars-is-a-3ds-must-buy/

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Well, crap. I was going to up my shipping to one-day this morning, but mine is also in shipping soon status. Granted, it's Prime Two-Day Shipping, so 90% chance I'll still get it in a day, but probably not a Sunday delivery.[/QUOTE]

I know for sure mine won't be a Sunday deliver but I did op for one-day shipping, I figured it was only $4 and worth the chance to receive early.

[quote name='lhfan04']So with the shipping soon notification on our orders, should we expect them to be shipped today?[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. Though it'd be nice, the order may very well sit in Shipping Soon status until as late as Monday evening. Still, it'd be nice if Amazon got on the ball and went ahead and disbursed the preorder bonuses for all those very orders so that people could order a game with the credit and/or get their bonus items the same day the console arrives while there is still time. It not like they can be cancelled now.

[quote name='VWarrior']Not necessarily. Though it'd be nice, the order may very well sit in Shipping Soon status until as late as Monday evening. Still, it'd be nice if Amazon got on the ball and went ahead and disbursed the preorder bonuses for all those very orders so that people could order a game with the credit and/or get their bonus items the same day the console arrives while there is still time. It not like they can be cancelled now.[/QUOTE]

I'm one of Amazon's best customers and I'm not sure they're gonna ship it tonight. I have a delivery estimate of the 30th. :cry:

[quote name='confoosious']I'm one of Amazon's best customers and I'm not sure they're gonna ship it tonight. I have a delivery estimate of the 30th. :cry:[/QUOTE]

It's just so we can't cancel ;)

Same 30th estimate here :cry:

[quote name='GundamS']It's just so we can't cancel ;)

Same 30th estimate here :cry:[/QUOTE]

Curious, do you guys have overnight or 2-day shipping? Mine has an estimate of the 29th (with overnight shipping that is, which is why I agree its not likely to ship today - would be nice, though).

[quote name='VWarrior']Curious, do you guys have overnight or 2-day shipping? Mine has an estimate of the 29th (with overnight shipping that is, which is why I agree its not likely to ship today - would be nice, though).[/QUOTE]

Mine says the 29th and I chose 1 day shipping

[quote name='confoosious']Prime and I'm too cheap to pay the extra $3.99.[/QUOTE]

I'm expecting Lego Star Wars III and Steel Diver to arrive on Tuesday so I figured I'd go ahead and ensure the console would as well.

Based on all you guys' estimates I'm feeling more confident it ain't happening today. I can be patient but I was just kinda hoping they'd ship today so I could go ahead and order Super Street Fighter IV with the $25 credit and get it no later than Wednesday.

amazon's warehouse that ship all of my items is located about 5 miles away. Although i have expected on 30th, i expect it here by monday-tuesday.

Mine was shipped but I definitely forgot to apply the $134 I have in Amazon credit since I thought it'd ship tomorrow. Goddammit.

Shipped by A1... they're all over the place but usually I get it from them earlier rather than on the est. delivery date. Just hope they don't lose my package >.>

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Mine was shipped but I definitely forgot to apply the $134 I have in Amazon credit since I thought it'd ship tomorrow. Goddammit.[/QUOTE]

I never apply amazon credit to electronics purchases. I prefer to put them all on a visa and get the extra warranty.

There's a chance my 3ds gets here on the 29th but I'm not counting on it. I can be patient. It's only 3 days.

To each their own.... But with OoT out in June, and some unannounced titles likely in Nov/Dec; and no guarantee there will be an abundance of system stock; you may as well grab it now with no tax and "basically" $25/off.

That said, if it's not worth it to you now, then it's not worth it now. :)

[quote name='cheeky']Meh. I canceled my pre-order. I can wait until there's some good games to play.[/QUOTE]

There might not be a better deal than this by the time there are good games. Worth case I can just sell the launch game and use that money later on.

[quote name='confoosious']I never apply amazon credit to electronics purchases. I prefer to put them all on a visa and get the extra warranty.

There's a chance my 3ds gets here on the 29th but I'm not counting on it. I can be patient. It's only 3 days.[/QUOTE]

What warranty?

I've never gotten anything delivered on a Sunday from amazon, but I would love to get my 3DS from amazon tomorrow as well, i guess i can cross my fingers and hope that i get it tomorrow, that would be AWESOME.

bread's done
Back