Amazon 3ds matched kmart with $25 off game.

ps2emotions

CAGiversary!
Amazon has matched kmart but I still might swing by kmart sunday morning because I have to pay tax either way. Just such a hassle trying to get anything at my local kmart so I may go amazon route.

[quote name='Trance Addix']Well, it's a hit or miss. Ensenda and a bunch of other smaller carriers signed a contract with Amazon promising certain delivery speeds; so when they can't fulfill those promises they put fake tracking info like "failed delivery" or "blah blah unexpected delay." That said, I did have orders delivered by Ensenda once, but those idiots put the package in my mailbox.

Chances are everything will be okay. If it's not you can call and complain and Amazon will note in your account to not use Ensenda -- or at least try their best.[/QUOTE]

Yea. I've had pretty good success with Ensenda but they did play fishy once for me. I was waiting for a Sunday delivery and I was home all day. Around 5:30 I ate my dinner, while on the couch in front of the tv, in front of the window, in front of the front door....then after I finished I tracked, and it said they attempted to deliver at 5:35. I was sitting right there and no one even came by.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Fuck you Amazon, you've had my order as "shipping soon" for two days now.[/QUOTE]
same here. my system hasn't shipped but i just got 2 shipping confirmation emails. i pre-ordered pilotwings a while ago and i pre-ordered steel diver the other day when they had that $10 3ds credit per game promo going on. in my steel diver email, it mentions the $10 3ds credit, but in the pilotwings email, it does not. so i'm expecting a struggle on that one.

nintendo needs to stop with the absolutely pointless sunday releases.

[quote name='KongaKing']Yea. I've had pretty good success with Ensenda but they did play fishy once for me. I was waiting for a Sunday delivery and I was home all day. Around 5:30 I ate my dinner, while on the couch in front of the tv, in front of the window, in front of the front door....then after I finished I tracked, and it said they attempted to deliver at 5:35. I was sitting right there and no one even came by.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Happened today. I had someone home all day in case it showed up. Looked up tracking at night and a "failed delivery" shows up.

I think I got lucky. I ordered my 3DS on Saturday afternoon and just got my shipping notification saying it was picked up by by ONTRAC around 3pm today and is currently scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I have Prime 2-day shipping and the original delivery date was Wednesday the 30th, so I'm still thinking there is a good chance I'll get it sometime between Monday and Wednesday.

Just used my $25 bonus on pilotwings resort and used the accessory one on the bear puppet thingy which for some reason I liked (especially for free) I was trying to see why my 3ds shipping confirmation said I got a $10 off a qualifying game within 2 days of the 3ds shipping. It shipped on the 26th so it has been over 2 days so I guess it was just a mistake. I can't find where anyone else got both a $25 and $10 credit for pre ordering just the system. $14.99 + tax and free 2 day shipping (since I'm prime member on free trial) for $49.99 worth of stuff is not bad, thanks amazon.

Mine shipped out today, so it was suppose to be deliveried on the 30th according to UPS, but will be delivered early on Monday. I did pay for 1 day shipping. Also i still haven't received any emails from amazon.com about my $25 credit for a 3DS game or about my free accessory, but it does say 2 days from shipping, its just weird some people have already gotten the emails about both promos. :(

Luckily i already have street fighter and ridge racer that i got today from TRU, to play once i get my 3DS tomorrow. I can't wait, you would think im a teenager eagerly awaiting my new toy, but im actually in my 30s, i just a big kid who will never grown up. :)

My SSFIV and 3DS shipped yesterday at 1 and 3PM, respectively. They both have a delivery estimate of 3/29, but I paid for overnight on the 3DS, and at UPS it says 2nd day air. If my 3DS isn't here tomorrow, I'm contacting amazon. Not because I have to have it, but because I paid 3.99 for next day air, not 2nd day air.

[quote name='mr_bungle']My SSFIV and 3DS shipped yesterday at 1 and 3PM, respectively. They both have a delivery estimate of 3/29, but I paid for overnight on the 3DS, and at UPS it says 2nd day air. If my 3DS isn't here tomorrow, I'm contacting amazon. Not because I have to have it, but because I paid 3.99 for next day air, not 2nd day air.[/QUOTE]

overnight shipping means they ship it monday and you get it Tuesday. Product releases Sunday, it ships monday, you get it tuesday.

However they actually manage it and by whatever carrier they use doesn't matter. They are obligated to deliver it on Tuesday, not Monday. Some people just got extremely lucky with their orders.

Even if they shipped it out 3 weeks ago by rented mule, as long as you get it Tuesday, they've "overnighted" it to you.

No wonder mine says to be delivered on Wednesday, amazon shipped it UPS ground. So i guess somebody contact UPS or something, in which it will be delivered tomorrow, hopefully, fingers crossed. If not, i will be contacting amazon CS as well.

[quote name='confoosious']overnight shipping means they ship it monday and you get it Tuesday. Product releases Sunday, it ships monday, you get it tuesday.

However they actually manage it and by whatever carrier they use doesn't matter. They are obligated to deliver it on Tuesday, not Monday. Some people just got extremely lucky with their orders.

Even if they shipped it out 3 weeks ago by rented mule, as long as you get it Tuesday, they've "overnighted" it to you.[/QUOTE]

I know. But the point is, I paid to have it asap. I didn't pay anything for SSFIV and did 2-day shipping. Had I done the 2 day with the 3DS it would've still been there Tuesday.

[quote name='mr_bungle']I know. But the point is, I paid to have it asap. I didn't pay anything for SSFIV and did 2-day shipping. Had I done the 2 day with the 3DS it would've still been there Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

But don't you get it? They're delivering it to you exactly how you asked for it and paid for. What do you expect them to do? Change time? Just because SSFIV is arriving earlier than expected, that means they ripped you off? No, it just means they overdelivered on SSFIV, not underdelivered on your 3DS.

It's just unfortunate that you don't live in an area with all these other delivery companies that other people are talking about.

And you don't know that the 3DS wouldve gotten there tuesday. A lot of people (me included) have a wednesday delivery estimate on the 3DS. (2 day prime). So your 1 day delivery gets it to you 1 day sooner than me. Which is exactly what you paid for, no?

[quote name='confoosious']But don't you get it? They're delivering it to you exactly how you asked for it and paid for. What do you expect them to do? Change time? Just because SSFIV is arriving earlier than expected, that means they ripped you off? No, it just means they overdelivered on SSFIV, not underdelivered on your 3DS.

It's just unfortunate that you don't live in an area with all these other delivery companies that other people are talking about.

And you don't know that the 3DS wouldve gotten there tuesday. A lot of people (me included) have a wednesday delivery estimate on the 3DS. (2 day prime). So your 1 day delivery gets it to you 1 day sooner than me. Which is exactly what you paid for, no?[/QUOTE]

I suppose you are right. It's just $4 anyways, I got the 3DS for only $86 after credits. And I didn't recognize you, for as long as I can remember you've had Wiggums as the avatar :hot:

I'm always right. ;)

Some dude in one of these threads reported that he ordered FSSS and got it today. I pay $85 a year for prime and will get my DS on Wed. Is it a little perturbing? Yeah. But it's nothing to get worked up about.

And in the future, unless you absolutely need it in 1 day, just go with the 2 day route. Half the time, they deliver in 1 day anyway.

Shipping issues are certainly annoying. They seem to have them more often now. My Crysis 2 with release day delivery was delayed a day for some unknown reason. I have student prime, so it's free and I'm not going to complain. If I paid for prime, or paid extra for one day shipping though, that would be irritating.

They'd probably just throw promo credit at ya. It seems whenever you get an out of country CS rep (which happens to me more than not) they just throw 10$ promo credits at every problem they see. I like this way of dealing with problems, and fully support their righteous cause! >XD

I don't understand why it's taking some of you guys so long to get your shipping confirmation. My aqua 3ds is due here tomorrow and I just pre ordered late last week. Signed up for free month of prime and immediately set it not to auto renew which saved me $9.98 on 2 day shipping. Just used prime again to place a order for pilotwings and bear puppet and free 2 day shipping too. Beginning to wonder how amazon can offer a free trial of prime like that when they are already offering better prices than anyone else in town.

Don't forget to sign up for amazon mom once your free month is over for another free 3 months. If you happen to be a college student you can also get an entire year free by verifying your .edu email address. Oh so many ways to get free prime! lol

[quote name='ps2emotions']I don't understand why it's taking some of you guys so long to get your shipping confirmation. My aqua 3ds is due here tomorrow and I just pre ordered late last week. Signed up for free month of prime and immediately set it not to auto renew which saved me $9.98 on 2 day shipping. Just used prime again to place a order for pilotwings and bear puppet and free 2 day shipping too. Beginning to wonder how amazon can offer a free trial of prime like that when they are already offering better prices than anyone else in town.[/QUOTE]

Volume

Even if they make a bit less in profit on each item it doesn't matter, because their volume of sales is much higher than anyone else. That and giving out free prime entices people to spend more, which pretty much covers the shipping costs.

Maybe I missed it... but can someone answer this question for me? Sorry if it's been answered already.

My UPS tracking says something along the lines of:

Original delivery time - Tuesday by 3:30pm (End of day for residential)
New delivery time - Monday by 10:30am (End of day for residential)

Obviously, I live in a house, so I'm assuming that I'm a "residential", and my 3DS will get here by the end of the day. But why even bother putting the 10:30am time? Are they really going to deliver it by then?

UPS NDA has a commit time in certain areas by 10:30AM, a UPS NDA Saver has a commit time of 3:30pm if is commercial. Just expect the delivery to be there around the normal time you usually get your stuff.

I ordered my 3DS in the beginning of this month an Amazon shipped it via FedEx Smartpost + USPS. This happen to me before with the reissue of Super Mario All-Star Collection. It in transit on Monday, FedEx hands it over to USPS Tuesday and final delivery is made on Wednesday. I guess the fulfillment center is close to my area they decided to go that route. I hope it doesn't get delay in USPS sortment facility.

Shipping soon, shipping soon, shipping soon.... ::shakes fist::

And I *do* live in a courier shipping area, and I ordered with Prime.

I missed out on the B1G1 $10 off deal for games because my unit hasn't shipped and my other credits haven't arrived.

[quote name='confoosious']It's just unfortunate that you don't live in an area with all these other delivery companies that other people are talking about.[/QUOTE]
See, all the posts I've seen of everyone mentioning these smaller couriers also lives in the Chicagoland area and they've got their systems now. My order was stuck in "shipping soon" status for over two whole days and I won't get my system until the 29th.
Birthday ruined. =(

Edit: Actually, my UPS tracking info has no information yet so it's not even in UPS's system yet and shipping ground, their slowest shipping method, so we'll see if I even get it then.

I just got my promotional credit. I got $25 for the system and $10 for SSFIV and the free accessory. I picked up Ridge Racer and The mini backpack for $5 shipped!

It's unfortunate, but based on some very juvenile research, a lot of people who ordered the system January are getting stuck with the slow shipment. Me included. I'm in the same boat as confoosious with the 30th estimation.

[quote name='Trance Addix']It's unfortunate, but based on some very juvenile research, a lot of people who ordered the system January are getting stuck with the slow shipment. Me included. I'm in the same boat as confoosious with the 30th estimation.[/QUOTE]

I ordered mine about 5 mins after it came up on the amazon site (I kept refreshing during the nintendo event) and mine came on Sunday

[quote name='KongaKing']I ordered mine about 5 mins after it came up on the amazon site (I kept refreshing during the nintendo event) and mine came on Sunday[/QUOTE]

I'd say you're in the minority for two reasons:

A) Getting it on Sunday
B) Buying that early and getting it shipped

Nonetheless, you can't complain :)

[quote name='KongaKing']I ordered mine about 5 mins after it came up on the amazon site (I kept refreshing during the nintendo event) and mine came on Sunday[/QUOTE]

Lucky you. I ordered about 15 minutes after it appeared, and I have "shipping soon" with a 30th estimate. Meanwhile some people who ordered this past saturday with FSSS have their units in hand. Seems random.

I have a question:

I placed my order for the 3DS on January 19th. I checked the shipping status and it entered the "Shipping Soon" phase on Saturday evening but is still in the shipping soon phase and it is now Monday morning at 9AM. I'm just going to pick one up at Kmart as my local store still has several on hand. I choose two day delivery via Amazon but the quickest it'll get here is Wednesday.

Now here is my question. How do I refuse delivery? I tried calling an actual Amazon agent but she said she couldn't manually cancel the order because it has been in the shipping soon phase for the last two days. I told her that defeats the purpose of using two day shipping if it is going to just sit there. She offered to refund the two day shipping fee which didn't cost me anything in the first place because I have Amazon prime.

I told her at this point I'm just not interested in buying the item from amazon anymore because I want my 3DS asap so i'm going to pick it up elsewhere. Because she can't cancel my order she said I'd have to "refuse" it.

How do I refuse an item? My UPS guy (almost all AZ orders are delivered to me through UPS) just leaves packages in front of my door and I'm not always here.

If I am here do I just tell him to return it? How does that work?

Thanks

[quote name='GBAstar']I have a question:

I placed my order for the 3DS on January 19th. I checked the shipping status and it entered the "Shipping Soon" phase on Saturday evening but is still in the shipping soon phase and it is now Monday morning at 9AM. I'm just going to pick one up at Kmart as my local store still has several on hand. I choose two day delivery via Amazon but the quickest it'll get here is Wednesday.

Now here is my question. How do I refuse delivery? I tried calling an actual Amazon agent but she said she couldn't manually cancel the order because it has been in the shipping soon phase for the last two days. I told her that defeats the purpose of using two day shipping if it is going to just sit there. She offered to refund the two day shipping fee which didn't cost me anything in the first place because I have Amazon prime.

I told her at this point I'm just not interested in buying the item from amazon anymore because I want my 3DS asap so i'm going to pick it up elsewhere. Because she can't cancel my order she said I'd have to "refuse" it.

How do I refuse an item? My UPS guy (almost all AZ orders are delivered to me through UPS) just leaves packages in front of my door and I'm not always here.

If I am here do I just tell him to return it? How does that work?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Here is what you do: go to your e-mail inbox, click on the Amazon customer service survey, click the link under "No, didn't help blah blah", fill out quick survey, and then click call again. The call will be forwarded to an American team. That will resolve your problem.

On a side note: AMEX released a new payment platform called Serve. It will be a great way to shop online with added security and it also acts like a Paypal/Payments account.

The one I ordered back in Jan 19th is still in pending status.

Another one I ordered last minute three days ago already shipped Saturday evening and I already got my promotional credit and redeemed them.

Strange...

My Cosmo Black ordered on Jan. 19th shipped last night and should be here Tuesday.

I also received the email saying my promotional credit applied for the 25 off of a game and another promotion for a free accessory. The accessories sort of suck so I think I might wait and see if any others pop up.

The expiration for both promotion expire June 30th. When are OoT and MGS3 coming out?

[quote name='Trance Addix']Here is what you do: go to your e-mail inbox, click on the Amazon customer service survey, click the link under "No, didn't help blah blah", fill out quick survey, and then click call again. The call will be forwarded to an American team. That will resolve your problem.
.[/QUOTE]

that won't solve his problem. The other amazon team still won't be able to refuse delivery for him. It wasn't like the CSR was lying to him. Once it enters shipping soon phase, you can't do anything to cancel it on their end.

I suggest leaving a note for your UPS guy.

[quote name='confoosious']that won't solve his problem. The other amazon team still won't be able to refuse delivery for him. It wasn't like the CSR was lying to him. Once it enters shipping soon phase, you can't do anything to cancel it on their end.

I suggest leaving a note for your UPS guy.[/QUOTE]

He said it was Shipping Soon -- they can cancel that.

I've done it myself in the past.

[quote name='testaroo']The one I ordered back in Jan 19th is still in pending status.

Another one I ordered last minute three days ago already shipped Saturday evening and I already got my promotional credit and redeemed them.

Strange...[/QUOTE]

Yep, seems pretty random. I ordered mine back in January, and it wasn't even starting the shipping process as of this morning.
After looking at the ample supply, I'm just going to cancel it for now.

Sucks for you guys having to actually wait till the 30th. =/ I ordered mine on 1/19 with 1-day shipping and I actually just received them a little while ago. =D

I didn't even decide to get one until Saturday night at about 7pm. I went over to gamestop and pre-ordered (lol like 5 hours in advance) and got the last cosmo black one. I showed up at 11:50 and was the 3rd person to get mine.

looks like amazon failed on this one.

[quote name='JSiggy']I didn't even decide to get one until Saturday night at about 7pm. I went over to gamestop and pre-ordered (lol like 5 hours in advance) and got the last cosmo black one. I showed up at 11:50 and was the 3rd person to get mine.

looks like amazon failed on this one.[/QUOTE]

Not really. Everyone is getting their DSes on time. When you order from amazon, you don't expect instant gratification.

By waiting 2 days, I get $25 off my 3DS game and a free accessory. What did gamestop give you except more hassle to preorder other stuff?

Hell, buying from Kmart was a better move than Gamestop.

Amazon didn't fail, how easy could Nintendo just made it a Saturday launch. Then most carriers have service on Saturday and people could have chanced it for release-day delivery (assuming they would have it) or just wait.

[quote name='confoosious']Not really. Everyone is getting their DSes on time. When you order from amazon, you don't expect instant gratification.

By waiting 2 days, I get $25 off my 3DS game and a free accessory. What did gamestop give you except more hassle to preorder other stuff?

Hell, buying from Kmart was a better move than Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. If you can't wait an extra day or two to save $25+, I'm not sure what you're doing browsing CAG. :p

[quote name='Blaq']I also received the email saying my promotional credit applied for the 25 off of a game and another promotion for a free accessory. The accessories sort of suck so I think I might wait and see if any others pop up.

The expiration for both promotion expire June 30th. When are OoT and MGS3 coming out?[/QUOTE]
Good question, Add SF64 to that 'wishlist', I am also waiting to see if they pop up as pre-orderable and end up being part of the promotion. I don't like any of the launch games except maybe Steel Diver but even then its not worth 40 to me.

Rage is starting to set in, my order is still in the "shipping soon" phase. Now even when I get my system, it's doubtful I'm going to even have a game to play until at least Friday, since I have to wait for the $25 credit to even order anything... and until it actually ships, which it hasn't for 2 and a 1/2 days now, I won't get my credit.

This is the first time I've been pissed off at Amazon in a long time.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Rage is starting to set in, my order is still in the "shipping soon" phase. Now even when I get my system, it's doubtful I'm going to eve have a game to play until at least Friday, since I have to wait for the $25 credit to even order anything... and until it actually ships, which it hasn't for 2 and a 1/2 days now, I won't get my credit.

This is the first time I've been pissed off at Amazon in a long time.[/QUOTE]

Mine just shipped an hour and a half ago. I'm sure yours will move soon too.

Mine shipped out on saturday at about 3PM, yet when I check ups it still has that 'a label has been created' message. That's really bizarre. It's shipped from IN, and 9 times out of 10 my packages come from Lexington, KY.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Rage is starting to set in, my order is still in the "shipping soon" phase. Now even when I get my system, it's doubtful I'm going to even have a game to play until at least Friday, since I have to wait for the $25 credit to even order anything... and until it actually ships, which it hasn't for 2 and a 1/2 days now, I won't get my credit.

This is the first time I've been pissed off at Amazon in a long time.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Not just 3DS but the games and other items that were supposed to ship today are all under "Shipping Soon".

I was going to break up my order for one of each and send one to my friend's house so I could get the credits for both systems but decided against it in case something went wrong and I didn't get them quick enough. I find out this morning that Amazon gave me the credits for both anyway despite the limit 1 per household wording on the preorders. Now I've got enough credit for 1.5 free games. I'm thinking I'm going to get both Pilotwings & Steel Diver now instead of just one of them. I preordered SSFIV for the $10 credit I had originally planned to combine with the single $25 credit to use to buy one of them for $5.

The credits are good through the end of June. Should I hang on to them and see if I can use them on a really good game instead? I heard OOT's remake is due out around then. Or can I just preorder anything and have the credit used for that? I'd really rather preorder Kid Icarus or the new Super Mario 3DS game if that's possible.

bread's done
Back