Amazon - 4000 Microsoft Points for $41.54

I always end up waiting too long to bite on these deals because I just wish it was the same price for the digital codes.

Thanks for the head's up! Picked up two of the 1600 points for $30 during the brief sale the other day, now I just bought one of the 4000 cards, heh. I'm all set for the Summer of Arcade this year.

$39.97 for 4000 is the best deal I can find in my inbox that I took advantage of, and that was in Oct 2008. I think I'll buy a few of these. I can never have enough PARITY POINTS. (That is, point parity with a penny.)

Really tempted to pick up one of these considering I have a $10 game credit from FF XIII I still need to use. Plus, remember there are 10 games that go on sale tomorrow till the 7th and some of them I'd like to check out :)

thanks was able to scoop on some points used my ffxiii credit to make it to about 30 bucks :p

This isn't that good of a deal. I mean it is good but not great - I've bought $15 1600 point cards at Target on several occasions. This deal works out to $0.010385 per point - the frequent Target deal works out to $0.009375 per point. I'm saving $0.00101 per point by buying at Target!!! LOL.

Nice, in for one. I just ran out of the 9000 points i scored from the Doritos text message grab bag, and before that was riding on 2 x 4000 point cards i bought from shady ebay dudes for 30 bucks each last summer.

[quote name='retromufc']I forwarded this link to my wife and I hope she gets it for me for Easter![/QUOTE]

When did Easter turn into a gift-giving holiday? I seriously had no idea. Poor Jesus. People co-opted the day of his birth, so he freakin' rose from the dead to get another day to call his own. But now it's all about the points cards... :lol:

[quote name='javeryh']This isn't that good of a deal. I mean it is good but not great - I've bought $15 1600 point cards at Target on several occasions. This deal works out to $0.010385 per point - the frequent Target deal works out to $0.009375 per point. I'm saving $0.00101 per point by buying at Target!!! LOL.[/QUOTE]

Got a calcleator and willing to use it, eh? I like this kind of analysis.

Is that an interwebs deal, and if so does it get free shipping, or is it B&M?

Problem would be if I have to pay tax at a B&M, or if I have to pay shipping, it skews that analysis. Actually either way i'll have to pay tax since Target has a presence in my state (IL). And even if it was B&M without tax, Targets in the Chicago metro area get scooped bone dry of any really good deal stuff way faster than I can make a trip to Target- if they get the deals at all.

Upshot is, I have to go with the best Amazon deals. Lack of sales tax and shipping makes stuff actual price, rather than +15% (est) for tax and shipping.

I picked up two of these 4000 pointers, perhaps I should have bought more. Then again, these deals happen routinely and I have a balance of 10000 points sitting there waiting to be spent. I might spend more if the Rock Band Network Store was better organized.

[quote name='ianoid']Got a calcleator and willing to use it, eh? I like this kind of analysis.

Is that an interwebs deal, and if so does it get free shipping, or is it B&M?

Problem would be if I have to pay tax at a B&M, or if I have to pay shipping, it skews that analysis. Actually either way i'll have to pay tax since Target has a presence in my state (IL). And even if it was B&M without tax, Targets in the Chicago metro area get scooped bone dry of any really good deal stuff way faster than I can make a trip to Target- if they get the deals at all.

Upshot is, I have to go with the best Amazon deals. Lack of sales tax and shipping makes stuff actual price, rather than +15% (est) for tax and shipping.

I picked up two of these 4000 pointers, perhaps I should have bought more. Then again, these deals happen routinely and I have a balance of 10000 points sitting there waiting to be spent. I might spend more if the Rock Band Network Store was better organized.[/QUOTE]

Agree. I think the deals are probably about the same once you've factored in the gas to go to target, the effort to be there the second the sale starts (to get them before the ebayers descend upon them), and the fact tax will make it go up just that little bit more. Also, in this deal's favor (atm) is that its active right now.

There's always a better deal just around the corner...

[quote name='kirby145']The best deal on this was on Cag when people sold at $30. Haven't seen anything lately.[/QUOTE]
They were selling them as cheap as $25 a card. All of those points were bought and sold by people using stolen credit cards. I'd rather not make people money that do dishonest things like credit card fraud and such. Especially considering how they do these dishonest things to steal from hardworking people who might be saving money to buy their kid a car or to put them through college, then some loser steals their information to buy and sell stuff and with the money they make they buy shitty food and booze.

The usual price on these are $45 on Amazon, but at retail stores you will pay $50 + tax.

Every now and then a legitimate retailer has them as low as $40 but that is very rare. This being $41.54 is a really good deal and especially because there is not any tax added.

I bought a 4000 points card from them about a month ago for $40, $1.54 less than this mention. I don't see that as being too significant but it certainly helps. If you won't need points until July, you can probably find points for $40 by then.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22'] If you won't need points until July, you can probably find points for $40 by then.[/QUOTE]

What happens in July?

Pretty good deal. I've managed to get those 1600 point cards on one of the Target sales before, but more often than not, people beat me to it. Think I'll pick this up and avoid the hassle.

bread's done
Back