Amazon 50% off on Select Anime

These are the exact prices they were yesterday and last week...let me know when the sale actually starts.

[quote name='GAMERMASTERMAN']They do have GITS for $53. Is that a deal? I know its usually about $90 other places.[/QUOTE]

Well, if that's the case, then yes.

Well, 3 anime box sets that I was interested in dropped by 15 dollars to 20 dollars for me from the previous week.

[quote name='GAMERMASTERMAN']They do have GITS for $53. Is that a deal? I know its usually about $90 other places.[/QUOTE]

If you're asking about GITS: Stand Alone Complex, then no, it's not a good deal at all.

You can get it from DeepDiscount.com new/shipped for $39.89

These are truly not any special prices, and even though the top of the page says 50% off, you can even see that most of the movies are only about 42% off the full MSRP price. I think Amazon screwed up on the prices/promotion on this one.

BTW, What happened to GITS SAC 2? It's OOP at Amazon, and no longer listed at DD. That used to be the best deal, DD would have B1G1F on SAC 1 & 2, you could get them both for $60, now SAC 2 has disappeared as an entire set.

Nah, Amazon's pretty accurate on it's sale prices; it's the "before sale" prices that sucked. In anticipation for the DeepDiscount 25% off sale, I had made an Excel Spreadsheet to compare the price differences between what I'll be spending at a DD during the sale as opposed to what I would have spent at Amazon.

Last week, for example, the Shakugan no Shana box set was being sold at Amazon for $62.99. Now that sale has it at $38.99. It's still not as cheap as the price DD will be selling it for during the sale, $35.43, but it is definitely discounted from what Amazon had it as last week. Of the nine anime I have on my list, seven dropped in price for this sale, one stayed the same, and one is no longer listed at Amazon at all.

50% off =/= 42% off MSRP, but I suppose it's close enough.

Anyways: Gamermasterman, I never noticed it before, but Amazon has the Anime Legends version of GITS: SAC Season 1 (aka 1st gig) for $26.49 (47% off...getting closer, Amazon).

That's the best deal I've ever seen, unless you're a collector and want the huge box that the 1st gig comes in.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GAMERMASTERMAN']Awesome, thanks. Is there any big difference between the two?[/QUOTE]

Only difference should be the packaging. I bought WitchHunter Robin Disc 1 from Big Lots ($3) last year, then found an eBay auction for the entire Anime Legends set (6D) for less than $10 shipped.

First thing I wanted to do was check the difference: Disc 1 of the original release and the AL set were identical, right down to the DVD label artwork. I'm almost certain they simply repackage the original single DVDs for every Anime Legends collection.

[quote name='Kerig']I'm almost certain they simply repackage the original single DVDs for every Anime Legends collection.[/QUOTE]

This is correct.

According to Amazon, the older one has 770 minutes and the Anime Legends has 660. But I'm guessing that's a screw up because it says they both have 7 discs.
But anyways, thanks for pointing that out, I'm gonna order the Anime Legends box.

[quote name='GAMERMASTERMAN']According to Amazon, the older one has 770 minutes and the Anime Legends has 660. But I'm guessing that's a screw up because it says they both have 7 discs.
But anyways, thanks for pointing that out, I'm gonna order the Anime Legends box.[/QUOTE]

In my experience, Amazons details on anime titles are inaccurate a lot of the time. They often list widescreen titles as fullscreen.

[quote name='Kerig']50% off =/= 42% off MSRP, but I suppose it's close enough.

Anyways: Gamermasterman, I never noticed it before, but Amazon has the Anime Legends version of GITS: SAC Season 1 (aka 1st gig) for $26.49 (47% off...getting closer, Amazon).

That's the best deal I've ever seen, unless you're a collector and want the huge box that the 1st gig comes in.[/QUOTE]

It's not 50% off everything it's up to 50%, and I would say these are decent prices considering their normal prices.

bread's done
Back