Amazon 99 cent Release Date Delivery

drumstick

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Not sure if this could be considered a deal or not, but apparently Amazon is offering Release Date Delivery for video game pre orders for 99 cents. I had about 4 pre orders on amazon already and i just received email for each saying they are offering the 99 cent release date deal for them. I guess this would be great for some of you who already have pre oders and want cheap day one delivery. I already have prime so this was useless to me.

http://www.amazon.com/computer-vide...sories/b/ref=sa_menu_cvg1?ie=UTF8&node=468642

Last edited by a moderator:
if you amazon prime, ignore this email. its just a mass email to inform those without prime that the release date delivery is now 99 cents.

Just changed my Castlevania to release day shipping and it came up as .99 cents. I didn't get an e-mail from Amazon about this yet, so thanks for posting this OP!!

[quote name='bigredvan14']As long as a promotional credit hasn't expired, you can create a new order with it, but not apply it to an existing one. You'll have to cancel the other you want to use it on.[/QUOTE]
well that sucks, i wanted to use the $20 toward fallout but chances are by the time I get the credit it won't be .99 for release day shipping.

Thanks a ton, OP. I was really worried about Call of Duty: Black Ops getting here well after release with FSSS, and if I was going to have to resort to something shady so as to play ASAP.

[quote name='Donkey132']well that sucks, i wanted to use the $20 toward fallout but chances are by the time I get the credit it won't be .99 for release day shipping.[/QUOTE]
I never had a problem applying credit to an existing order before. Just make sure that the credit is in your acct. then send CS an e-mail saying you wanna apply your game credit to such and such game. Haven't been denied yet.

[quote name='jr1016']I never had a problem applying credit to an existing order before. Just make sure that the credit is in your acct. then send CS an e-mail saying you wanna apply your game credit to such and such game. Haven't been denied yet.[/QUOTE]
awesome, thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Just redid all my pre-orders. 8 games from Halo through to Assassin's Creed...damn so many games.

Can any1 tell me if I can add the Halo $20 credit to another, already made order?[/QUOTE]

If it's a code, yes. If it just takes it off next order automatically then I don't think so.

None of my pre-orders apply for Release Date Delivery, but thanks for the info. I'll keep it in mind in case I do order something in the future.

I changed my Reach and Castlevania to Release date as well and 99 cents.
This is great.
If this is a STANDARD I will not go to Gamestop period at all or even Best Buy.
Id have to stop and pick up the game on my way home from work at 430 when the game has been sitting at my doorstep for 3-4 hours already. Ad for 99 cents. Its a no brainer. I hope this last a while cuz my wife and I just sold a bunch of our old college textbooks to Amazon and she is a teacher and sold some of her other Teaching books since she teaches special ed now and those were Early childhood. I got like $200 plus coming in plus the $20 from Reach and then the $20 from Castlevania. Ill be able to get a slew of games on release date for 99 cents. Sweet indeed.

[quote name='jr1016']I never had a problem applying credit to an existing order before. Just make sure that the credit is in your acct. then send CS an e-mail saying you wanna apply your game credit to such and such game. Haven't been denied yet.[/QUOTE]

Sent an email this morning and got denied. Just called customer service and got denied again. So either I got two reps that didn't know how to do it or its changed and you can't add it to exsisting preorders anymore.

Hmm, odd. I didn't get an email about this even though I had Rock Band 3 and Black Ops pre-ordered. I did however change my shipping speed to FSSS then back to release date and got the $.99 price point. Thanks guys!

Sweet, under prime I was able to change my Fable and Fallout Vegas to Free Release day shipping!

Love that college prime even though I am out of school. (but still have an edu address active)

[quote name='imacjenn']So not all pre-orders are eligible for this? Does anyone have a list?[/QUOTE]

Worked for me on:

Halo Reach
Plants vs Zombies (Xbox 360)
Dead Rising 2
Fallout New Vegas
Fable 3
SW: Force Unleashed 2
CoD Black Ops
Assassin's Creed: BH

So yeah...looks like it works for all preorders.

[quote name='mn9500']if you amazon prime, ignore this email. its just a mass email to inform those without prime that the release date delivery is now 99 cents.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this really confused me... I received the e-mail but already ordered it with Release-Date shipping with Amazon Prime. You would think that Amazon could have filtered out the people who already had Release-Date shipping.

So I just got the email below, just clarifying why Prime members got the offer email too. Nothing that important. Just wanted to share.

Hello from Amazon.com,

We are writing to you today because you purchased a pre-order copy of Halo Reach

You were accidentally sent an email providing information on how to upgrade this order to Release-Date Delivery. Release-Date delivery is – and always has been – free for Amazon Prime customers. We value your participation in the Amazon Prime program and want to assure you that your copy of Halo Reach is confirmed for free Release-Date delivery. Your order will arrive on 14-Sep-10. No additional action is needed on your part.

We apologize for any confusion this has caused.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.
Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Worked for me on:

Halo Reach
Plants vs Zombies (Xbox 360)
Dead Rising 2
Fallout New Vegas
Fable 3
SW: Force Unleashed 2
CoD Black Ops
Assassin's Creed: BH

So yeah...looks like it works for all preorders.[/QUOTE]

Well, all preorders that offer release date delivery (I never looked before, but I see now that many games don't even have that option). Wii and DS games, for example, never seem to have that option. Too bad - I was going to add a preorder for Epic Mickey.

Changed my Move pre-order to release date delivery :)

Hopefully this is still around (if it's not permanent) when they offer release day delivery for Twisted Metal as I got that on pre-order right now.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']Sent an email this morning and got denied. Just called customer service and got denied again. So either I got two reps that didn't know how to do it or its changed and you can't add it to exsisting preorders anymore.[/QUOTE]

Just go to your order details and at the very top, it will show your gift card/coupon balance with a button next to it that says apply to order.

[quote name='CXK']Can you cancel your current pre orders and redo them with this deal?[/QUOTE]

The email says all you have to do is click on the change shipping speed button in your orders list.

Now if they'd up their credits to $20 on every game (which is what K-mart seems to be doing) then I might switch over to Amazon just to avoid the uncertainty of K-Mart service.

[quote name='imacjenn']Well, all preorders that offer release date delivery (I never looked before, but I see now that many games don't even have that option). Wii and DS games, for example, never seem to have that option. Too bad - I was going to add a preorder for Epic Mickey.[/QUOTE]

I just ordered NBA Jam with release-date delivery, so it does work for some.

Kirby Epic Yarn, unfortunately, doesn't have it.

[quote name='bigredvan14']So I just got the email below, just clarifying why Prime members got the offer email too. Nothing that important. Just wanted to share.[/QUOTE]

Whaa? I have been a prime member for about three weeks and neither of the two of my games I pre ordered that was eligible for release date delivery was free when I ordered them...

I am still waiting to get amazon student (Need it to go a little into next year for books) and for 99 cents I'll just pay it. Sweet.

If anyone is wondering how to do it I'll repeat the email again:
Hello from Amazon.com,

We are writing to you today because you purchased a pre-order copy of Halo Reach.

We are pleased to announce that we have reduced the price of Release-Date Delivery to 99 cents. We wanted to let you know that this ship option was now available at a lower rate and that you can easily upgrade your open order following the steps below.

- Visit www.amazon.com/youraccount
- Click on “Your Orders”
- Navigate to Halo Reach
- Click on “Change Shipping Speed”
- Select your desired shipping speed
Once you change it it will just show the new shipping price and you can always change it back.

Look at all these peasants without the prime membership!

KingHomer.gif

[quote name='chickenbutt']Thanks! Got 99 cent shipping for Halo Reach.
Can I bitch at them if I don't get it on release date?[/QUOTE]

Well, considering you pay for release day, if you don't get it when they say you're supposed to, I'd say yes.

Only if for some reason the carrier didn't make an attempt to deliver it. If they did and there was no one there to accept, then no, no bitching!:lol:

Yeah, I had to do that with Metroid: Other M earlier this week. The customer service rep gave me $5 credit as an apology.

Jut ordered Halo Reach. $60 for release day delivery, no tax, $20 amazon credit, and special helmet in game item, YES PLEASE! :) First release day game I've purchased in at least 4 years. Can't wait!

Awesome! I'll be getting ready to since I don't believe they'll deliver it on time.
Does release date shipping mean the game will arrive the day it comes out?

I didn't get any emails. But I already had RDD selected for Fable III and Halo: Reach and I decided to change the shipping speed and then changed it back. Now Fable shows up as $60.95 with RDD and Reach is $60.98. Works for me.

Now to pre-order Fallout and Dead Rising 2.

[quote name='chickenbutt']Awesome! I'll be getting ready to since I don't believe they'll deliver it on time.
Does release date shipping mean the game will arrive the day it comes out?[/QUOTE]

It's supposed to but some have reported not getting their game on the street date. The time of day you get your item varies too. The couple times I've used it, I got one in the morning and the other in the late afternoon.

I'm a Prime member, and I recently received 1 email for each game preordered from Amazon with RDD basically saying 'Sorry for the confusing email before. You already have RDD and it's still free.'

Sweet, I went and changed my delivery method, then went back to RDD and it switched to 99 cents.

Anyone know how long is this going to be good for?

[quote name='mrright4you4now']Sent an email this morning and got denied. Just called customer service and got denied again. So either I got two reps that didn't know how to do it or its changed and you can't add it to exsisting preorders anymore.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I never had this problem. I've always been able to apply credit via cs email to existing preorders. Did you by chance preorder using 1-Click? If you did, it does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click. If not, try sending another email using 'Gift Certificates/Cards & Promotional Offers' as your issue in the contact form. I always go through their department when applying the credit to existing preorders.

Anyhow, thanks OP for the heads up. I checked my email and only got 1 out of 4 games, but the 99 cents release day delivery worked on all 4 of my current preorders.

Looks like it's not being offered for Professor Layton & the Unwound Future.
i'm not seeing that option when I go to "change shipping speed"

Well Amazon emailed me back and told me why I wasn't seeing the option for release date delivery on Halo Reach. Apparently I made my preorder before release date delivery was available for that item. If I want to get it now I would have to cancel and redo my order, but I can't because I used $30 in promotional credits that have expired already.

So frustrating, but I did email them again to see if they could do something.

Does anyone remember when release date delivery became available for Halo Reach? If it was after August 31st then I have no case :lol:

[quote name='Daisydog']Well Amazon emailed me back and told me why I wasn't seeing the option for release date delivery on Halo Reach. Apparently I made my preorder before release date delivery was available for that item. If I want to get it now I would have to cancel and redo my order, but I can't because I used $30 in promotional credits that have expired already.

So frustrating, but I did email them again to see if they could do something.

Does anyone remember when release date delivery became available for Halo Reach? If it was after August 31st then I have no case :lol:[/QUOTE]

I placed my original order for Reach on May 23, and switched the shipping to release date delivery on July 29. I think you'll be alright.

@ Daisydog I got the same response when I emailed them. I wrote them back saying that the original email stated that I didn't need to reorder and that I can just change the shipping speed to get the release day delivery.

I'll let you know what they say.

But I suspect that the Release Day Delivery doesn't show up for me when I change my ship speed because I don't quality for it because I live in Hawaii. Still though I'm kind of pissed that they sent the first email to be saying that I could get Release Day Delivery for $0.99 in the first place. If I don't qualify for it don't sent that email to me.

bread's done
Back