Amazon 99 cent Release Date Delivery

drumstick

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Not sure if this could be considered a deal or not, but apparently Amazon is offering Release Date Delivery for video game pre orders for 99 cents. I had about 4 pre orders on amazon already and i just received email for each saying they are offering the 99 cent release date deal for them. I guess this would be great for some of you who already have pre oders and want cheap day one delivery. I already have prime so this was useless to me.

http://www.amazon.com/computer-vide...sories/b/ref=sa_menu_cvg1?ie=UTF8&node=468642

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't seem to work on all games. I preordered Castlevania and Goldeneye with the deal but it doesn't come up as an option for Kirby or Donkey Kong.

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']It doesn't seem to work on all games. I preordered Castlevania and Goldeneye with the deal but it doesn't come up as an option for Kirby or Donkey Kong.[/QUOTE]

Release-Date Delivery is available for selected pre-order items that can be delivered on release date.

Damn. Wish this worked for Phantasy Star Portable 2.

Thanks for the heads up though. Maybe it'll apply on my next game.

Hmmm...I tried to change my shipping speed to RDD for SpiderMan: SD but the option isn't there. Anyone else have this problem? should I cancel my preorder then order again?

[quote name='sendme']I would be all over this for Halo Reach but the issue is I won't be able to play it till the weekend anyway. I did change it but thought about it and decided to save the 99 cents because all I would have is the big ass box sitting around till thursday when I got off work. However on the plus side if I do change to this I have have it when I get home thursday for sure. Usually it is hit and miss. Some times I preorder from Amazon.com and I get the game the next day. Some times it has taken all the way up to Saturday. However most have come on Thursday or Friday.

QUOTE]

Dude, you should just go ahead and pay the dollar. When I went in to change my order my scheduled ship date was something like September 20 with an estimated arrival date of the 27th. I think they may push the "free shipping" people to the back of the line, especially with this increase in people upgrading to release date shipping.

I'm trying to preorder KH:BBS with the 00 cents release date delivery but it's not giving me the choice.

I am a Amazon Prime member and I all I can choose from is the free two day shipping, free standard or the 3.99 1 day shipping.

[quote name='MugenNoKaze']I'm trying to preorder KH:BBS with the 00 cents release date delivery but it's not giving me the choice.

I am a Amazon Prime member and I all I can choose from is the free two day shipping, free standard or the 3.99 1 day shipping.[/QUOTE]

Monday is a holiday so it would have to have been shipped already to use release date shipping.

[quote name='clemaaron']had pre-ordered this back on August 21st and went with the free shipping cause i'm cheap and didn't mind waiting a few days for it to show... i was really disappointed when i saw that their estimate just for sending it out was Sept. 20th and then another 7-10 days to get to me. not worth $6 to get it early, but i'm willing to pay $1 for release date shipping. thanks OP and thanks Amazon for making it easy to switch! :applause:[/QUOTE]

I usually pick the free shipping and everytime it gets shipped, the game comes 3 or 4 days later. This happen to all my pre orders so far. Man, Amazon is awesome.

I have tried changing my shipping rates on my preorders and none have changed. Looks like ill have to call Amazon tomorrow and see if they can fix it. I would just cancel, but I have two games with ten dollar credits on them and don't know if the credits will stay if canceled.

[quote name='Mattx510']Its still free for Prime Users, I got this email also, but shortly after they sent another email apologizing and saying that it is still FREE to all Prime Users :)[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering why I had to pay for shipping on Metroid last week then. I have Prime and it was like $3 for one-day shipping. Which got here on Tues. But is that not "release day delivery" or what? Not a huge deal I guess, but it's odd to see all the posts in this thread saying Prime members get it free anyway and it seems like there's always been some charge, although usually cheap.

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']It doesn't seem to work on all games. I preordered Castlevania and Goldeneye with the deal but it doesn't come up as an option for Kirby or Donkey Kong.[/QUOTE]
Kirby and Donkey Kong come out on Sundays, like many Nintendo games. They can't quite deliver you something on release day when there's no mail.

[quote name='JMClarkent']I just received this as well. Either I am blind (likely) or I am going about finding the option incorrectly...

*UPDATE* I See it when I add a new item, maybe I'll just toss a request over to Customer Service.[/QUOTE]

**UPDATE - From Amazon **

Hello, I do understand that you would like to receive this item Fable III using Release-Date Delivery option on the release date. I'm sorry, due to an error I was unable to upgrade your order to release date delivery option.

I have checked this order and found that you have placed this order using FREE Super Saver Shipping method. It appears that you placed your order before the Release-Date Delivery option was available. When you have placed the order on August 13, the release date delivery option was not available for this item. We only offer the Release-Date Delivery option when we know we can get the item from our suppliers in time to meet our delivery promise to you. It is possible that this item will become eligible as the release date gets closer and we've confirmed our inventory. Now, I see that this item is eligible for release date delivery option for $0.99 shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002I0JGDM Get it the day it comes out! Pre-order and select Release-Date Delivery at checkout.

In order to get that delivery option now that it is available, you will need to cancel your existing pre-order and place a new order for this item. If you enter an eligible shipping address during checkout when placing your new order, the Release-Date Delivery shipping option will appear among your shipping choices. I'm sorry you have to take this extra step.

...which I did, and it worked like a charm. Kind of odd I'd get the original e-mail suggesting that I adjust my pre-order, though...

[quote name='Energist']Boo. No Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV.[/QUOTE]I was able to get 99 cent release day shipping for this on my previous order, so it is available for it ^..^

lol. i just got this letter from bestbuy. they seem to be trying to match amazon's release date policy. only difference is it's 5.99 and not .99. lol, fail.

Dear MINA,

Thank you for your pre-order purchase of Call of Duty: Black Ops. As a valued customer we want to make you aware of a special offer now available on this item, the Street Week Choice. On select titles, including this one, you now have the option of guaranteed street date delivery for $5.99 express shipping, free ground shipping, or store pickup on street date! You can click here for more details on this offer.
We want you to be able to take advantage of this great offer, but we need to hear from you to know which of these options you would like.
Call us at 1-888-BESTBUY (1-888-237-8289) by September 20, 2010 and we will update your order to guaranteed street date delivery with express shipping for $5.99, free ground shipping, or change your order to store pickup.

Thank you for shopping at BestBuy.com,
The Customer Care Team

I always opt for the FSSS. But to get CoD: Black Ops day 1-2 weeks earlier on Release Day for less than a buck is a steal. Thanks Amazon!

I couldn't change my shipping to the release day delivery on Halo Reach so i canceled the pre order and reordered. Sure enough the option was present the second time.

A good deal I think considering I'm still not paying shipping or having to drive to the local stores to pick one up on day one.

So is this $0.99 release day shipping only for this weekend? I already used it for 2 preorders but I am deciding if I want to preorder another game.

[quote name='drmo95']I have tried changing my shipping rates on my preorders and none have changed. Looks like ill have to call Amazon tomorrow and see if they can fix it. I would just cancel, but I have two games with ten dollar credits on them and don't know if the credits will stay if canceled.[/QUOTE]

I tried this, they will have to cancel your order, or part of it, then you will have to reorder.

[quote name='scarhawk']I always opt for the FSSS. But to get CoD: Black Ops day 1-2 weeks earlier on Release Day for less than a buck is a steal. Thanks Amazon![/QUOTE]

+1:bouncy:

Nice! Saves me 5 more dollars on my NBA 2K11 preorder and it now comes with a $10 gaming credit. Thank you OP and Amazon.

Is there a list of games that qualify? Does anyone know if Halo Reach is included? I pre-ordered last week but it charged me $5 for release date delivery. If i can find the list somewhere and if Halo is on it, I can call them and get a refund i hope.

hey, $5 is $5!! If I can save it, I will!

[quote name='PlayerXXX']Is there a list of games that qualify? Does anyone know if Halo Reach is included? I pre-ordered last week but it charged me $5 for release date delivery. If i can find the list somewhere and if Halo is on it, I can call them and get a refund i hope.

hey, $5 is $5!! If I can save it, I will![/QUOTE]

Did you use any credit? If not, just cancel and re-order it with rdd.

Anyone know if Final Fantasy XIV Collector's Edition gets this 99 cent release date delivery? I don't see an option for Release Date delivery anywhere...

here's what i did

i had dead rising 2 preordered for $47.99 with the $5.xx release day delivery...i went in, changed the shipping speed to saver...saved...went back in, changed it to release day and it went to $0.99

I called Amazon customer service because I was unable to get the release day option to pop up for NHL 11 and was told that they "didn't know" why I couldn't choose that option. The actual NHL 11 page says it's available but it doesn't come up with the other available shipping options.

[quote name='findthedeal24']I called Amazon customer service because I was unable to get the release day option to pop up for NHL 11 and was told that they "didn't know" why I couldn't choose that option. The actual NHL 11 page says it's available but it doesn't come up with the other available shipping options.[/QUOTE]

I called back and got a different rep and was told that they're having technical problems which affect the NHL 11 listing. Release day delivery is available but it does not show up as one of the options. The rep said they're working on it and should have it fixed later today. If you've had trouble placing an order for release day delivery for a different game, this might be the reason why.

well, the issue with this is that amazon employees weren't informed when this change happened. just started getting calls about the emails that went out telling customers to upgrade for 99 cents. and this causes a huge problem for orders that have already been placed, because release date delivery upgrade on shipping is not currently a built in option for an existing order, on the CS side of things.

Sweet, that worked. Changed to Free Shipping and then confirmed. Then switched back to Release Date Delivery and got the $0.99 price. Thanks guys!

[quote name='findthedeal24']I called back and got a different rep and was told that they're having technical problems which affect the NHL 11 listing. Release day delivery is available but it does not show up as one of the options. The rep said they're working on it and should have it fixed later today. If you've had trouble placing an order for release day delivery for a different game, this might be the reason why.[/QUOTE]

I doubt release day delivery would even be available for NHL 11 anymore since it releases tomorrow and today is a holiday. I have release date delivery from Wal-mart and it was shipped on Friday to make it on Tuesday.

[quote name='banzaiwolfe']I doubt release day delivery would even be available for NHL 11 anymore since it releases tomorrow and today is a holiday. I have release date delivery from Wal-mart and it was shipped on Friday to make it on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't think so either but it's still on the NHL page as an available option so who knows.

[quote name='Teh Reaper']What does amazon use for shipping?[/QUOTE]
UPS for larger packages, USPS for super saver if it'll fit in the mailbox I believe.

In California/Nevada, they use Overnight Express sometimes too. Lazy asses never knock on door and just put it on the doorstop, always worried about someone jacking it.

[quote name='RoodyPooUS']In California/Nevada, they use Overnight Express sometimes too. Lazy asses never knock on door and just put it on the doorstop, always worried about someone jacking it.[/QUOTE]

I've lost couple packages due to this. The service here is called onTrac. They ALWAYS just leave it in front of the door.

Guys.

I spent 30 minutes on the phone with outsourced Indian customer service (labor day perhaps). The representative knew fuck all about this 99c release date delivery, and on top of that she had no idea how Release Date delivery worked for video games and computers.

Is there a good time to call so I can get American customer service? Is it just because today was a holiday? (I called ~1:30 PM PST).

[quote name='banzaiwolfe']I doubt release day delivery would even be available for NHL 11 anymore since it releases tomorrow and today is a holiday.[/QUOTE]

I gave up anyway...

bread's done
Back