Amazon Add on Items?

kilik64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
WTF is this shit?

Getting new phones in the next couple of days and going with net10 prepaid service. Had previously seen where they sell the ATT specific sim cards on Amazon. Not they are listed as some bullshit addon item and wont let you buy them unless you have a 25 dollar order?

WTF do I pay for prime for then....?

Getting a chat rep currently, doubt it goes well...

I added an add on item to a pre-order and the add on item shipped right away so that may be a workaround.

I use it for stuff that is cheaper on Amazon than other places.

For example, the Listerine PocketPaks were $2.99 on Amazon but all the grocery stores around here have it for about $4. It's a decent way to get small grocery items.

An add-on item is something that will not ship free unless you purchase $25 worth of stuff, whether you have Prime or not. Bamazon states that this is due to them losing so much money shipping it, that they simply cannot do it unless it ships with something else. I won't ever buy an add-on item. I'll wait for them to get rid of that trash first.
I guess you'll never order one, since it's not going away, it's getting more pervasive.

They haven't raised the price of Prime, though shipping costs have increased over the years for numerous reasons. It may cost Amazon more to ship that single small item than a number of items, so why should they want to take the loss for something like that. I'd rather group some add-on items together into a single order and order them at the same time rather than not get it.

Amazon's prices on a number of add-on items are still the cheapest around, so if it's something you'd use more than one of, order more than one and add something else to the other.

And yes, it's also a thinly disguised way for Amazon to get you to spend money on more items on the site, though they could always raise the price of Prime to cover increased shipping costs.

Good points by all, but I plan to use the preorder something trick to get around this in the future.

Sim card I needed shipped today so cancelled preorder. Little more work, but no big deal to get what you want how you want it...

I added an add on item to a pre-order and the add on item shipped right away so that may be a workaround.
That's a hot little tip. Lately, I've ended up just paying more at the store for small items rather than trying to find filler to make it to $25. That's why I pay for Prime in the first place.

bread's done
Back