[Amazon] Adventure Time Seasons 1 & 2 on Blu-ray - $22.45 each (June 4, 2013)

Diggeh

CAG Newbie

Adventure Time: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$32.07 $22.45

Adventure Time: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$32.07 $22.45

[quote name='Press Release']It's one crazy adventure after another for human boy, Finn, and his best friend, Jake, a 28-year old dog with magical powers. They're out to have the most fun possible and they sure do find it exploring the Land of Ooo! Whether it's saving Princess Bubblegum, battling zombie candy, taunting the Ice King or rocking out with Marceline the Vampire Queen, with Finn & Jake it's always ADVENTURE TIME![/QUOTE]

Announcement
[quote name='TVShowsOnDVD.com']Last July saw the Warner Home Video release of Adventure Time - The Complete 1st Season on DVD, and fans loved it...but they certainly wished it was made available on Blu-ray Disc as well. Today the studio has announced that Adventure Time - The Complete 2nd Season is coming to DVD on June 4th, for $26.95 SRP. But wait, there's more! On that day, priced at $32.07 SRP each (what a weird cost!), Warner is ALSO releasing both the 1st and 2nd season sets on high-def Blu-ray! The new BD version of the first season seems to have precisely the same bonus material as the previous DVDs do. Extras for the Blu-ray and DVD versions of The Complete 2nd Season aren't currently available (in the provided information, the studio seems to have mistakenly copied over the list of bonus material for the first season set), but stay tuned for updates![/QUOTE]​

As much as Season 1 on Blu-ray is awesome, it looks like it lacks the awesome packaging of the DVD set. For those who never got Season 1, when you take off the slipcover, it shows Finn without his hat. The insert is his muscles, the first disc his skull, and the second disc his brain and eyes. I love that.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']What am I supposed to do with my first season DVD now?[/QUOTE]

Have a huge party and use them as coasters or you can just sell it on eBay and try to recoup your money right now. O_O

Funny how they finally announce these a couple weeks after they make a deal with netflix where all their seasons will be streaming starting in april.

[quote name='gothamcentral79']Funny how they finally announce these a couple weeks after they make a deal with netflix where all their seasons will be streaming starting in april.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info... I will pass in the set then.

hm. I want to buy these, but truth be told I'd rather buy them on itunes since I already have season 3 in HD and on itunes it's a bit more convenient. (netfllix would be more convenient if i subscribed but they often lose shows too). Decisions decisions.

[quote name='mig0']hm. I want to buy these, but truth be told I'd rather buy them on itunes since I already have season 3 in HD and on itunes it's a bit more convenient. (netfllix would be more convenient if i subscribed but they often lose shows too). Decisions decisions.[/QUOTE]

Interesting tidbit. These come with ultraviolet codes. If that means I can get this via vudu/cinemanow, I'd probably go ahead with the blu-ray order anyway. Kind of irritating that I'd have 1 season on itunes and 2 others on a different service but (shrug).

[quote name='plus1zero']I love adventure time so much. I'll probably get a whole collection set when it comes out later.[/QUOTE]
This is Cartoon Network we're talking about, if you like the show I strongly encourage you to just buy these sets instead of waiting for some theoretical future release. Do a search on CN DVD releases to see how many complete sets there are for their successful older shows.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']I wish the ponies would get the bluray treatment.[/QUOTE]

Not going to happen. Shout I believe owns the rights to that unless they were talking the Original and they already said they have no plans to release it on HD.

[quote name='plus1zero']I love adventure time so much. I'll probably get a whole collection set when it comes out later.[/QUOTE]

As roger said, buy it now to support it. If you don't it'll never see the other seasons release on blu.

I doubt it'll ever see a entire collection released. People love the show but CN loves money.

bread's done
Back