Amazon Anime Sale, Evangelion: 2.22, Burst Angel, FLCL, FMA Brotherhood 1-4, + more!

In for one, thanks OP. I saw it in the theaters and it's amazing. I'd say it's a must-buy at this price for any Eva fan, especially those who haven't seen it.

Damn, that's what I get for pre-ordering this one.

Nonetheless, AMAZING movie, leagues better than the first one. Anybody with a passing interest should buy this.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Damn, that's what I get for pre-ordering this one.

Nonetheless, AMAZING movie, leagues better than the first one. Anybody with a passing interest should buy this.[/QUOTE]

Just bought this 2 weeks ago, cause it was in my gold box for $19, and I haven't even opened it =(

Both 1.11 and 2.22 are amazing. I don't have the original (I've seen it a few times), but I think I like this version better.

Had to pick it up at this price even though it'll most likely go lower in the future. I've heard way too many good things about this film. I hope we eventually get a complete blu collection of the original series.

HUGE fan of the series, I already own 1.11 on BD and I loved it! I have never seen anime so damn clearly! I'm in for one as well, plus I signed up for amazon prime so I got it for 16.99 with FREE 2 day shipping out the door! You can't beat that with a baseball bat! I can't wait!!!! Thanks for the heads up OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
There was some uncertainty as to whether Anno would oversee the finishing of this remake series. Is that still up in the air? Secondly, will this remake series be covering End of Evangelion as well? Thanks for the info if anyone has it!

[quote name='supershammy']There was some uncertainty as to whether Anno would oversee the finishing of this remake series. Is that still up in the air? Secondly, will this remake series be covering End of Evangelion as well? Thanks for the info if anyone has it![/QUOTE]

No, he's still working on the project as of Japan's latest issue of Newtype. Sadly, the only new news on the final film is Anno asking fans to "Please be patient." As for where the story is heading, that's anyone's guess.

Cool, thanks a lot. I half-wish that they would just leave EOE be, as it's basically a perfect film, but of course I don't expect that to happen and won't be saddened when I find they haven't. Thank christ they are taking the time (and hopefully money) necessary to close the series properly this time, rather than the mess that was the last few episodes of the original series.

[quote name='FactionG']I have first one but now that I think about it, I may just wait for the trilogy.[/QUOTE]

You realize you're looking at a four year wait, minimum, for that to happen, right?

Thanks for the heads up, OP. Once upon a time back in '05 I started watching Eva. But then I shipped off for Basic Training and didn't complete it.
After seeing this deal, I looked up Eva 1.11 and it was only $12. So I bought that one and this one.

Can't wait to see them.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']You realize you're looking at a four year wait, minimum, for that to happen, right?[/QUOTE]

Hm? What's the release schedule for the next ones?

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']You realize you're looking at a four year wait, minimum, for that to happen, right?[/QUOTE]
I never said I was anxious? Anyways, good deal for those who jump on it.

[quote name='optimusprime8062']Hm? What's the release schedule for the next ones?[/QUOTE]

Parts 3 and 4 don't have release windows right now, and 2.0 was released in 2009.

3.0 likely won't come out until next year at the earliest, and who knows how long 4.0 will take, not to mention the time it will take for each to get US releases.

Thanks OP, in for one 2.2 blu and pre-ordering streak, i mean strike witches, which i actually enjoyed even though im not that into ecchi, i first started watching it at a anime convention because i had thought it said steak witches, and who wouldn't watch something they thought was called steak witches.

[quote name='shiny_dante']Thanks OP, in for one 2.2 blu and pre-ordering streak, i mean strike witches, which i actually enjoyed even though im not that into ecchi, i first started watching it at a anime convention because i had thought it said steak witches, and who wouldn't watch something they thought was called steak witches.[/QUOTE]

That's the cheapest I've ever seem Strike Witches go for. And idea why the dvds are getting a re-release? Is either version uncensored, like the region 2 dvds?

[quote name='elessar123']That's the cheapest I've ever seem Strike Witches go for. And idea why the dvds are getting a re-release? Is either version uncensored, like the region 2 dvds?[/QUOTE]

from what my sources have gathered, this version was going to be bd/dvd combo, but obviously something changed, so its just the dvd with the possibility that the bd will be released in the future, and most dvd versions of anime are uncensored, so Strike Witches shouldn't be any different, plus its uncensored on Netflix i believe

[quote name='shiny_dante']from what my sources have gathered, this version was going to be bd/dvd combo, but obviously something changed[/QUOTE]

Funimation has canceled a few Blu-Ray titles recently. Last Exile, Strike Witches, and now the live action movie Drop.

[quote name='Tsukento']Just a heads up for the unaware: the FLCL Blu-ray is a crappy upscale of the DVD footage and is not truly in HD.[/QUOTE]
It doesn't look that good at all. But as a FLCL fan, I had to buy it. So it's whatever.

Is Burst Angel any good?

My backlog is so big, I'm patient enough to wait for 2.22 to be $12 once 3.33 comes out.

Disappointed that FLCL has been 20.99 for weeks now, and they considered that a sale. Same with FMA: Brotherhood 1 & 2 which were that same price for weeks a month ago.

wish that the FMA: brotherhoods were cheaper, i picked up the first set for $16 last year, $24 is too much when i know they will release a whole set. thanks anyway OP.

Is Linebarrels of Iron any good? 2 Seasons and an OVA for $27 seems like a pretty damn good deal to me.

Oh and if anyone is interested in Gun X Sword, it's really good. It's very similar to Trigun, but with mechs and a darker "Vash." I'm currently halfway through the series and have thoroughly enjoyed it.

[quote name='Capocci 007']this blows when will they release the real version on dvd/blu ? not some cheap filmsy make either[/QUOTE]

The real version? Of Eva? Haven't they released 3-4 remasters of the original version on DVD?

[quote name='Squarehard']Lowest I've seen it.

Evangelion: 1.11 You Are Not Alone $11.99
Evangelion: 2.22 You Can [Not] Advance $16.99
FLCL: The Complete Series $20.49
Burst Angel: The Complete Collection (includes OVA) $20.49
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Part 1 $24.49
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Part 2 $24.49
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Part 3 $24.99
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Part 4 $25.49

*Edit*
Looks like this along with the FMA Brotherhoods in the other thread started by junglalien, are part of the current anime sale that just began today.

Here's the full list of DVDs/Blus that are a part of this sale,

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=amb_lin...0035LD7WO|&qid=1305092672&rh=n:130&sort=price
[/QUOTE]

Deja Vu. Not only have these been on sale before, but cheaper (just look at the OPs)!

Here http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289697

and here http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280015

this one wasn't Amazon http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292027

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Deja Vu. Not only have these been on sale before, but cheaper (just look at the OPs)!

Here http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289697

and here http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280015

this one wasn't Amazon http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292027[/QUOTE]

The "lowest I've seen it" statement is in regard to Eva 2.22, which is all that this thread was initially about. It has since been expanded to be about the entirety of the Amazon sale, but the initial statement has remained.

[quote name='G-Nitro']Funimation has canceled a few Blu-Ray titles recently. Last Exile, Strike Witches, and now the live action movie Drop.[/QUOTE]

Last Exile won't be released on Blu? :cry:

[quote name='supershammy']The "lowest I've seen it" statement is in regard to Eva 2.22, which is all that this thread was initially about. It has since been expanded to be about the entirety of the Amazon sale, but the initial statement has remained.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much this. :3

Yes, been waiting for a sale on FMA: Brotherhood parts 3 and 4. Grabbed both of those along with Sherlock season 1 (Wasn't too much of a sale, but I watched the first episode and fell in love with it).

[quote name='dyne']Last Exile won't be released on Blu? :cry:[/QUOTE]

well its at least still available for preorder on amazon, so here's hoping!! Last Exile would look beautiful in blu-ray

[quote name='shiny_dante']well its at least still available for preorder on amazon, so here's hoping!! Last Exile would look beautiful in blu-ray[/QUOTE]

It would if it wasn't an upscale. Which it will be. So... there's that.

[quote name='Grico']I'm tempted to pre-order Strike Witches at that price.[/QUOTE]
I still don't get why they're repackaging it... Is it because the first box says "Complete Series" incorrectly when it's just the first season? It must be something else, because that doesn't explain why they've announced a repackaging of Girls Bravo too. Tell me someone has answers!

They tend to do this for repackaging, usually to put them in thin packs or reduce the amount of discs used. Same happened with the first season of Spice & Wolf.

bread's done
Back