Amazon Anime Sale: UPDATED. FullMetal Alchemist $35/season, D. Gray-Man $28.99 FSSS

Deepdiscount has the FMA sets for the same price no tax or shipping (for those of us who are lucky enough to be taxed by amazon)

Great deals, but I still have to think about em since I already saw the FMA series in Japanese and don't know if I would see it again. Probably will buy D. Gray Man, shame its just 13 episodes though.

[quote name='donj4840']hahaha, well, the word is that everyone will be taxed by amazon soon ... after the big court case.
344.jpg
N.gif
[/quote]
What court case? i haven't heard..

Legally speaking all US sales are taxed on Amazon purchases, just not at the time of sale. Taxes for untaxed purchases should be paid each year with the state income tax. Few people actually pay and it's not really worth the witch hunt for the state (plus it'd be difficult to prove without direct access to individual financial records).

So basically because we can't do it ourselves, they'll just take it out the front end.

Oh wow they actually did it as full seasons? I have it from when they did it as S1 Pt1, S1 Pt2, S2 Pt1, and S2 Pt2. Would have preferred this. Guess they'll be doing complete series set next =P

[quote name='thelonepig']Legally speaking all US sales are taxed on Amazon purchases, just not at the time of sale. Taxes for untaxed purchases should be paid each year with the state income tax. Few people actually pay and it's not really worth the witch hunt for the state (plus it'd be difficult to prove without direct access to individual financial records).

So basically because we can't do it ourselves, they'll just take it out the front end.[/quote]

Yep, exactly. They want to make sure it's collected, and they want it collected earlier than at tax return time.

N.gif

N.gif

[quote name='Firestorm']Oh wow they actually did it as full seasons? I have it from when they did it as S1 Pt1, S1 Pt2, S2 Pt1, and S2 Pt2. Would have preferred this. Guess they'll be doing complete series set next =P[/QUOTE]

Same, now i feel ripped off. I guess that's the way all anime goes: early adapters get the finger :cry:.

[quote name='the_punisher']Same, now i feel ripped off. I guess that's the way all anime goes: early adapters get the finger :cry:.[/quote]

Speak for yourself, I've got 13 individual volumes packed into these nifty tin boxes. $20/volume. ;)

The movie is a bit pricey at 15 dollars, but in the new/used section you can get it for 5.70 AND it gets fulfilled by amazon. So you can snag the entire series + movie for 75 bucks. I just so happened to get a 25 dollar gift card from my amazon.com visa, so I picked this up. So my final total comes to $50 :cool:
but yeah, movie can be had for 5.70 and can be coupled with the 25+ dollar free shipping:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...w?ie=UTF8&qid=1242092506&sr=8-4&condition=new

[quote name='the_punisher']Same, now i feel ripped off. I guess that's the way all anime goes: early adapters get the finger :cry:.[/QUOTE]

Not always as a lot of complete set individual volume are highly sort after, such as Gundam Wing, Slayer individual volume is worth more than the reprint thin pack

[quote name='thelonepig']Speak for yourself, I've got 13 individual volumes packed into these nifty tin boxes. $20/volume. ;)[/QUOTE]

Those are woth something. My two half box sets, around $70 total, are the same value as these $35 box sets.

Profit Margin: -50%

Not that i'd EVER sell FMA ;)

Best Buy had both FMA1 and FMA2 boxsets for $24.99 (50% off) during their clearance not too long ago. I think this may be still at some stores..just not well publicized.

[quote name='cagfansub']Best Buy had both FMA1 and FMA2 boxsets for $24.99 (50% off) during their clearance not too long ago. I think this may be still at some stores..just not well publicized.[/QUOTE]

the price is back up now

I am waiting for Bleach to go to BlueRay, not because I expect a better picture quality....but just because I dont want a million DVD's

Wait, they tried to sell 13 episodes of D. Gray-Man for $60?
wtf?
Also why would anyone buy it since the series was canceled before the story finished?

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']Wait, they tried to sell 13 episodes of D. Gray-Man for $60?
wtf?
Also why would anyone buy it since the series was canceled before the story finished?[/QUOTE]

Actually it is fairly common for anime to end before the manga is finish.

bread's done
Back