Amazon B1G1 Half Off on Select Handheld Games (TRU Pricematch)

worrybomb

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
I didn't see a thread about this so here goes nothing.

Amazon has just price-matched this week's (11/21/ - 11/24) Toys R' Us weekly ad deal where it's a Buy 1, Get 1 half off sale on Nintendo DS and PSP games.

It's a much better selection over at Amazon in case you want to get more obscure titles Toys R' Us wouldn't carry like 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, Ys Seven, Ys: The Oath in Felghana, Rune Factory 3.

Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...1_grlink_1?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000635441

From the promotion list...

Open Super Scribblenauts in a new tab, then add to cart. Close tab.

Open Dragon Quest IX in a new tab, then add to cart. Click proceed to checkout.

How much is your order total? :whee:

Apparently this deal was a bit glitchy there for a few minutes. Gave me some pretty ridiculous deals. Here's hoping they go through...

[quote name='Altanis']It's tempting to get some of these since I just bought the DSi that was $119. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Depends on what genres you like. It's probably easier to check this thread for recommendations. Of course this list covers games not included in the sale, but it's still a good reference point.

I'd go with Professor Layton (start with the first one - Curious Village), Mario and Luigi 3, New Super Mario Bros, and/or Super Scribblenauts. That would cover brain teaser, RPG, platformer, and creative puzzler genres respectively.

There's a lot of high profile RPGs in the listing as well. I think the general consensus would be that The World Ends With You and Dragon Quest IX are the best, but there are other big names out there (Etrian Odyssey III, some Final Fantasy titles, Pokemon).

Even though it's not part of the sale, you should get Hotel Dusk. Because it is awesome and that's all you need to know.

I want Lufia, 9 hours 9 people 9 doors and Rune Factory 3 but I don't know if I should wait for Black Friday or not! gaaaaa.

Good deal on some newer titles. Picked up the newest Layton (for the wife) and Style Savvy (for the kids) for $44.27 shipped. Not too bad for titles that rarely drop for sales.

dont know why they dont make all games for the sale.. its not like TRU goes

NOPE that mario game over there on the DS isnt part of the buy 1 get1

tempted to buy
puzzle quest 2 20 bucks
Rune Factory 2: A Fantasy Harvest Moon 18
Ys: The Oath In Felghana - Limited Edition 37
PSP EyePet with Camera 40
Invizimals with PSP Camera 38

could do puzzle quest 2 for 20 get harvest moon for 9 be ike getting them for around 15 each but pass

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sinned47']dang, i only want ys the oath. everything else looks uninteresting or i already have it. thanks. :][/QUOTE]

What about GoW series/ZHP/Kingdom Hearts/Knights in the Nightmare (free Yggdra Unionl) or those $9 psp games?

I'm really tempted getting that dsi deal with this sale. It's too much money though and can't keep up with my gaming backlog...

Thanks OP, I got Lufia and Z.H.P. Unlosing Ranger Darkdeath Evilman (that I wanted to get from the B2G1 but couldn't find a 3rd game to get) for $24 thanks to some gift credit I had

[quote name='Celsius']I want Lufia, 9 hours 9 people 9 doors and Rune Factory 3 but I don't know if I should wait for Black Friday or not! gaaaaa.[/QUOTE]

I jumped on 999 and RF3. I've only played about an hour of Lufia, but it seems like a poor man's Ys so far.

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']What about GoW series/ZHP/Kingdom Hearts/Knights in the Nightmare (free Yggdra Unionl) or those $9 psp games?

I'm really tempted getting that dsi deal with this sale. It's too much money though and can't keep up with my gaming backlog...[/QUOTE]

if you keep buying games, your backlog will never decrease.

Seek help

If you think you can get into 999 (visual novel with some puzzles and multiple endings), I just 100%'d it last night. It's a very enjoyable game.

[quote name='tekzor']if you keep buying games, your backlog will never decrease.

Seek help[/QUOTE]

lol. If you check my collection, it looks more like I'm a seller or a game collector. 80% of my collection are still sealed. All of my ps3 games are still sealed. lol. Still waiting for a good deal on a hdtv. Bought a ps3 july on amazon warehouse for $146.

Busy playing psp atm plus no time. The other day I just bought dante's inferno and GTA episodes from liberty city from that b1g1 at 40% off. Then yesterday bought mega man powered up since its getting rare (new sealed) for $16+7 shipping.

I am thinking of getting that ZHP though with burnout legends... lol.

I have a couple games that are sealed and I just dont wanna play them now.
However, buying more games doesnt solve the problem.
Damn you instant satisfaction!!!

It's hard not to buy if you see a good deal imo. lol. If your gonna buy them later at a higher price, why not buy it now at a very good deal, right? hahahaha.

Especially these holidays, it's hard to resist not to check up on sales/deals on games. :)

I just got a DSi XL a week ago and I've already put together a 7 game backlog, but at least I finished one quickly. Dunno if I can spring for 2 on this list when almost everything is full price. Bowser's Inside Story + Diabolical Box would be my guess.

[quote name='Celsius']I want Lufia, 9 hours 9 people 9 doors and Rune Factory 3 but I don't know if I should wait for Black Friday or not! gaaaaa.[/QUOTE]

Obscure games like that rarely get black friday deal treatment. Hell, except for Gamestop, I haven't a single B&M store that carries Lufia.

I see they have Glory of Heracles on the list for $30. To anyone interested in buying that now I'd recommend holding off. I've seen Amazon (actually Amazon, not a third party) sell it from between $10-15 every so often. When I got mine around May they were basically giving it away free during a deal where they gave you a $10 gift card with purchase. Considering the game was $11 at the time.... It's a good game and worth playing, but can do better than $30 if you don't mind waiting for another price swing.

PSP selection is disappointing, but I still placed 2 orders to start building my collection for when I get it Friday. Picked up Chains of Olympus, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow and Locoroco 2

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Ooooo, they've got 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors on that list. It's tempting, but I really need to be saving money for BF. Hmmm...[/QUOTE]

I was saying the same thing a week ago but after seeing all the video game deals for black friday...its not worth holding out for.

I don't guys about this, but the selection is terrible.... I mean Amazon is jumping all the prices and is almost the same when you buy the game in other days. I think Amazon is cheating us about these prices. Tell me any good selection that I can't see it...

[quote name='CatEyes']I see they have Glory of Heracles on the list for $30. To anyone interested in buying that now I'd recommend holding off. I've seen Amazon (actually Amazon, not a third party) sell it from between $10-15 every so often. When I got mine around May they were basically giving it away free during a deal where they gave you a $10 gift card with purchase. Considering the game was $11 at the time.... It's a good game and worth playing, but can do better than $30 if you don't mind waiting for another price swing.[/QUOTE]

i think i got 4 of them free off the gamestop buy this game get a 10 buck gift card deal (game was 10 bucks) last summer

[quote name='miguel2003']I don't guys about this, but the selection is terrible.... I mean Amazon is jumping all the prices and is almost the same when you buy the game in other days. I think Amazon is cheating us about these prices. Tell me any good selection that I can't see it...[/QUOTE]

Ys 3 and Ys 7 at b1g1 50% off is fantastic. Especially when you have other Atlus / NIS niche PSP stuff to choose from too.

Myself, I'm grabbing 9 Doors and Ys 3, good deals there.

Might go for Rune Factory 3 with Ys 7 as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kay_Faraday']Going to pick up prof layton 1 and 3. :)[/QUOTE]
Yea, I got Layton 3 for the fiance for christmas and I got Bowser's Inside Story too.

Seems like a good deal to me, especially since I had credit to use.

[quote name='genfuyung']I was saying the same thing a week ago but after seeing all the video game deals for black friday...its not worth holding out for.[/QUOTE]

I'm still on the fence. Like Cheapy said in the preview thread, there are going to be a lot more deals where those came from- I just feel like Amazon would advertise/share with Cheapy better sale titles if they had them. That isn't to say the selection is bad... My problem is that I have the majority of titles that have good advertised deals. :p That said, I'd like to get a deal on 999 if I can, but I can't find a good second title to order. XD I may just hold out on it for now.

This is my first time dealing with any kind of Amazon special, and I can't get the promotion to work!

It says the promo is good for all games from or shipped by Amazon, so this should include used games fulfilled by Amazon, right? How do you add them to your cart to get the promo?

Trying to get the first two Layton games but, maybe I need to go to Toys R Us instead...hmm.

[quote name='Ty_Sylicus']This is my first time dealing with any kind of Amazon special, and I can't get the promotion to work!

It says the promo is good for all games from or shipped by Amazon, so this should include used games fulfilled by Amazon, right? How do you add them to your cart to get the promo?

Trying to get the first two Layton games but, maybe I need to go to Toys R Us instead...hmm.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, only games sold by Amazon (which means they have to be new) are eligible for Amazon promotions. Not even Warehouse Deals count towards these promotions. Keep in mind Amazon is usually tax free with free shipping on orders over $25, so it could still save you some money over TRU.

OH! haha. It says "sold AND shipped" by Amazon. XD

I read it as "sold OR shipped". wow. No wonder. And yeah, I was ordering both games from the warehouse. huh, that's too bad.

I think I need to see TRU's selection before I can make a final decision though.

Thanks for the advice and speedy reply! Though I've used Amazon since 2004, I've never paid any attention to Gold box, Lighting deals, or Black Friday stuff. Shame on me. :p

[quote name='Ty_Sylicus']Thanks for the advice and speedy reply! Though I've used Amazon since 2004, I've never paid any attention to Gold box, Lighting deals, or Black Friday stuff. Shame on me. :p[/QUOTE]

Hey, it's no problem. I- wait, WHAT? Someone tape this man to his chair- he needs to visit CAG more often. :p

Seriously, while Amazon can have some good prices on random occasions, the prices they have during BF/for Lightning Deals (especially when you have a title eligible for it in your Gold Box) can be outstanding. It's hard to beat Warehouse Deals, but some recent deals definitely have. I'd recommend watching the Amazon threads this week like a hawk. I don't think you'll be disappointed. ;)

Watching Amazon around Black Friday is like seeing a super drunk guy in a bar talking about who he's nailed. Every few minutes he's pointing out new additions to his repertoire. And you think he's crazy and smells bad, but you are entertained enough to stick around.

[quote name='Strell']Watching Amazon around Black Friday is like seeing a super drunk guy in a bar talking about who he's nailed. Every few minutes he's pointing out new additions to his repertoire. And you think he's crazy and smells bad, but you are entertained enough to stick around.[/QUOTE]

Are you trying to say Amazon's deals are good or bad with that point? XD

[quote name='Strell']Watching Amazon around Black Friday is like seeing a super drunk guy in a bar talking about who he's nailed. Every few minutes he's pointing out new additions to his repertoire. And you think he's crazy and smells bad, but you are entertained enough to stick around.[/QUOTE]

Except he's offering them to you, and they're factory sealed.

[quote name='confoosious']He's saying people are making shit up about the past.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah. I read that discussion in the Amazon preview thread. It's hilarious seeing what people claim they got last year. :p

I'm saying it's random enough to be a spectator sport, and that Amazon's engineers are probably descending into the levels of inebriation where pants are no longer required.

[quote name='abhinav']That 999 sounds awesome, any suggestions for a second game?[/QUOTE]

I picked up 999 and Sonic Colors. No other game really caught my eye, and Sonic Colors seems to be liked by the general audience.

The discount was not showing up for me at the place order screen, I have a call into support and hopefully this gets ironed out.

Any word if games sold by and shipped by Amazon all qualify or is it only the limited titles listed?

bread's done
Back