Amazon - Baroque PS2 $17.22

Thanks for posting.
1x1t.gif

"...originally developed for the Sega Saturn and later ported to the PlayStation. It was later remade by Sting...for the PlayStation 2 and Wii."

My bad, proper term would be remade. :)

He's not 100% wrong... It started on the Saturn and was then later ported to the PlayStation.

A better answer would have been to at least provide him the correct information instead of being rude.

[quote name='Killrig']A better answer would have been to at least provide him the correct information instead of being rude.[/quote]

With the power of the internet, I don't think that's possible for some people anymore.

[quote name='Mugen Power']With the power of the internet, I don't think that's possible for some people anymore.[/QUOTE]

Regardless, not a bad deal if you're not interested in the Wii version. From what I understand the Wii version doesn't support much over the PS2 sku so the deal is solid.

Its not a bad game I played about 10-15 floors, definitely different though. I picked it up for the Wii very cheap from Gamefly over the holidays.

[quote name='fakero']"...originally developed for the Sega Saturn and later ported to the PlayStation. It was later remade by Sting...for the PlayStation 2 and Wii."[/quote]

I'm impressed, this guy does everything...

images
images
images

(I never knew until now that he sang with his wrestling makeup on...)

DON'T STAND
DON'T STAND
DON'T STAND SO CLOSE TO ME WHILE I'M REMAKING ATLUS RPGS

019sting_468x356.jpg

So how bad is this game? I'm in the mood for a masochistically hard RPG. Would Baroque provide that for me?

I think the game is ok. Unfortunately they made some bad choices in how dialogue happens and basic controls. The game is unique but I can not recommend the game. With all the games I have it just wasn't worth playing. There are plenty of other games that are strange but have good controls and is fun from the start.

I loved this game, took me around 30 hours to complete it on hard. It is really confusing and I had to go online to find out where the consciousness orbs were since each run I was losing everything. Only buy it if you know what you are getting into or have played other Rougelikes.

I'm starting to regret saying this game was great. I've spent a little over 50 hrs and the game doesn't seem to be progressing. I quit playing it because it wasn't going anywhere, and I felt like a given run was not bringing me closer to the end.

Dungeon size isn't increasing. Just getting to the bottom and dying. For those who have beat it, should I continue to hope the game will point me in the right direction eventually? That's what I thought was so great about the game, originally :(

Back up to 39.99 for me, which sucks. I've been waiting for a good price on this one, and I wanted the PS2 version specifically. :(

I bought this game for full price when it was new because I expected Atlus rare-ness and richness from holding onto it.

Didn't work out as expected.

Been sitting in my Goozex list for a while now, no one seems to want it either.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Its not a bad game I played about 10-15 floors, definitely different though. I picked it up for the Wii very cheap from Gamefly over the holidays.[/quote]

Yeah, GF had it on sale sometime last year for like $12 and free shipping, which is when I bought mine. It was long time ago though @_@

[quote name='eau']I think I saw it with a regular price tag of $19.99 at Frys. Maybe it's getting a price drop?[/quote]

It dropped to $19.99 in stores sometime around Halloween last year. I remember because I was doing a B2G1 free around that time and saw it at that price and was debating if I wanted to pick it up or not.

Don't trust the Amazon pricings right now. If you go to Gamestop you can get it for $17.99 used, and in places like Best Buy and Fry's you can pick it up for $19.99 new, so it wasn't that great of a deal. Amazon has been pulling a lot of this crap lately, so I pretty much don't buy games there anymore.

bread's done
Back