Amazon & Bestbuy.com: The Wire Complete Series - $89.99 shipped

Awesome deal. I can probably sell my first four seasons for more than that and get season 5 for free. Thanks OP!

Hotness, I braved a world of white windy wisconsin powder this morning and got my Best Buy exclusive version of the complete wire! Best deal of year.

[quote name='madara']Hotness, I braved a world of white windy wisconsin powder this morning and got my Best Buy exclusive version of the complete wire! Best deal of year.[/QUOTE]

what is the best buy exclusive?

In for one. Now I will have to sell off Seasons 1-4. I hope the CD comes with it, but I didn't see anything about it on the website.

great show, HORRIBLE complete series packaging. card board sleeves scratch dvds, found glue from sleeve on some discs. returned to best buy & will pickup single seasons

Huge, sprawling arc of a story. Characters and references peppered throughout entire series (reminded me of Buffy in depth and planning). MUST be watched in sequence.

I watched the series with subtitles so that I would not miss a thing. All strong, but eason three is amazing--like a Greek tragedy.

Great find--thanks OP!

[quote name='scottkirschman']Huge, sprawling arc of a story. Characters and references peppered throughout entire series (reminded me of Buffy in depth and planning). MUST be watched in sequence.

I watched the series with subtitles so that I would not miss a thing. All strong, but eason three is amazing--like a Greek tragedy.

Great find--thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Did you really just make a Buffy comparison to The Wire?

Granted, I understand what you're saying. But still.........Thats hard to stomach.

[quote name='rhymetimesfine']I put off watching this series until I could see it from the beginning. Thanks OP[/quote]

You're in for a good time.

Also .. Omar = one of the best characters ever

[quote name='cwick321']Awesome deal. I can probably sell my first four seasons for more than that and get season 5 for free. Thanks OP!
6449f44a102fde848669bdd9eb6b76fa.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a good idea. thanks for finding this!

[quote name='cac2134']great show, HORRIBLE complete series packaging. card board sleeves scratch dvds, found glue from sleeve on some discs. returned to best buy & will pickup single seasons[/quote]

Is the packaging really that bad? I am getting mine shipped because I get free shipping from Best Buy, but now I am a little concerned. At least I will be able to return it in the store easily.

I found three disc with with minor scratches and one with glue. I figure by time I get to this show again it will be easy take in to the store for exchange if needed. Borderline issue at best.

[quote name='Maklershed']
Also .. Omar = one of the best characters ever[/quote]

"Ya'll best open up before I huff and puff."

[quote name='rhymetimesfine']I put off watching this series until I could see it from the beginning. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Maklershed']You're in for a good time.

Also .. Omar = one of the best characters ever[/QUOTE]

[quote name='crunchb3rry']"Ya'll best open up before I huff and puff."[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Maklershed']:twoguns:[/QUOTE]

...dammit, I hope that's from season 1

[quote name='strayfoxx']Did you really just make a Buffy comparison to The Wire?

Granted, I understand what you're saying. But still.........Thats hard to stomach.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know nothing about The Wire and that comparison made me NOT want to watch the show.

Can someone give me a good description of what kind of TV series it is? And why it's so good?

Does the one from BB have the cd listed on the box? Just picked one up and doesn't show anything about a cd.

[quote name='lockey']Does the one from BB have the cd listed on the box? Just picked one up and doesn't show anything about a cd.[/quote]

And there is no mention of it online. If they had an exclusive item, they would probably mention that.

bread's done
Back